• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me very hopeful for things to come.

They know what they did last summer.

They are fixing it.

Believe.

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
Because it's not really changing the fundamental issue w/ the game: Lack of viable content.

We need more planets. More activities. More viable endgame guns. More crucible modes and maps.

4v4 is a good base to work out balance issues but it needs to be opened up to let players really let loose. Big Team Battle like 20v20 on HUGE maps with PvE objectives along WITH the PvP get my excited. I played WoW years ago and Alterac Valley (40v40 was outstanding to me)

The bigger PvP maps for D1 were pretty fun even if chaotic and I agree that it probably would have been quite enjoyable if they expanded on that for the non competitive playlists.

nuggetgamer52

Oct 25, 2017
Good Start, but honestly going to need NEW content soon. There is simply nothing left for me to do. They made the grind so easy that it takes very little to hit max level and do everything you want to do. I used to play crucible a lot back in D1, but its just not as fun as it once was so... Destiny 2 is currently collecting dust. But i am glad to see they are working on the endgame problem.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need more planets. More activities. More viable endgame guns. More crucible modes and maps.

Ultimately? Yeah.

Right now? No.

The amount of content is not the problem right now. The lack of reasons to engage with it is.

In a world where you get end game loot literally for just showing up every tuesday, where public events shower you in exotics and where the hardest content fails to provide anything for completing it, MORE irrelevant content is not the answer.

All systems need to be tuned drastically.

We need carrots.

On way longer sticks.

Oct 25, 2017
Upstate NY
What's odd is that Destiny 2 itself was supposed to be a statement... the game that showed everyone they did listen and that Destiny 2 is the game the original was supposed to be, if not more.

And here we are just over a month after launch, hearing PR about how the game will be made better.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
CONTROL+F -> PvE seperate balancing = 0/0
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Upstate NY
More content, that is the problem.

I think that selling games where grind itself is the content is the problem. Companies don't want to hear that though because with grind comes more sales of DLC, micros, etc. As a result they aren't actively working on making truly great products, but instead are spending more time finding ways to trick us into buying the next big thing that, surprise surprise, is still a grind fest.

This year has been labeled the death of single player experiences but sales say otherwise. Studios should pay attention to that.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
https://www.bungie.net/ru/Explore/Detail/News/46427

• New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
  • Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
  • Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
  • Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
  • Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
  • Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
  • Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
  • Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
  • Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
  • New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
  • An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

I dont understand, didnt they play the first destiny? How can you ship this game in these conditions knowing the issues the first game had. It just absolutely baffles me that they could make the same mistakes 2 times in a row.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ultimately? Yeah.

Right now? No.

The amount of content is not the problem right now. The lack of reasons to engage with it is.

In a world where you get end game loot literally for just showing up every tuesday, where public events shower you in exotics and where the hardest content fails to provide anything for completing it, MORE irrelevant content is not the answer.

We need carrots.

On way longer sticks.

100% agreed. They took all the wrong lessons from Destiny 1 and removed any reason we had to actually play the game in the interest of shortening time to get loot. So now they shower you with garbage and there's no things to actually work towards.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ultimately? Yeah.

Right now? No.

We need carrots.

On way longer sticks.

As someone that just doesn't have time to raid I'm glad I can reach the cap and get geared without doing so. The issue to me isn't the gear. It's the lack of compelling reasons to play once it's obtained. More content is key.

My friends didn't quit because everyone got too much loot. The bounced because things like iron banner weren't fun. And everything was a Mida fest.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I dont understand, didnt they play the first destiny? How can you ship this game in these conditions knowing the issues the first game had. It just absolutely baffles me that they could make the same mistakes 2 times in a row.

Destiny 2 was clearly an offshoot of the Destiny 1 branch and was developed at the same time as all the good fixes and additions were put into D1. That's why none of it was really implemented because the D2 devs were coming up with their own ideas while the D1 liveteam would implement theirs.

VincentMatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Destiny 2 was clearly an offshoot of the Destiny 1 branch and was developed at the same time as all the good fixes and additions were put into D1. That's why none of it was really implemented because the D2 devs were coming up with their own ideas while the D1 liveteam would implement theirs.

Thats a terrible way to make a sequel. Especially on a game like this.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that just doesn't have time to raid I'm glad I can reach the cap and get geared without doing so. The issue to me isn't the gear. It's the lack of compelling reasons to play once it's obtained. More content is key.

My friends didn't quit because everyone got too much loot. The bounced because things like iron banner weren't fun. And everything was a Mida fest.

IC, but I think you´re coming at it from a different angle than the hardcore playerbase.

That´s perfectly OK of course. You want more content just like I can´t wait for HZD´s DLC.

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
It needs shaking up.

Had more fun with vanilla Destiny, PvP balance and modes need addressing especially.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What can they come up with in a hot minute that they couldn't figure out in the 2+ years the game was in development? The game is beautifully crafted and the shooting still feels pretty good but once you've gotten to 305 which doesn't take long there isn't any incentive to continue playing. Doesn't seem like this list will do much to combat that sadly.

jony

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Hawkmoon in that list.

I've only been playing for 3 days (PC) but I have already experience some of the issues addressed here (I don't need 3 Coldhearts Bungie).

Strikes will give you multiple LEGENDARY w/chance of Exotics. They did this on D1 already, no surprise.

I do wonder how much the delayed PC release has impacted the console community in the sense they had to wait longer for the drip of extra content/fixes.

Last edited:

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimately? Yeah.

Right now? No.

We need carrots.

On way longer sticks.

Totally agree. I can't believe how useless they made strikes. There is literally zero reason to run them right now.

VincentMatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ultimately? Yeah.

Right now? No.

We need carrots.

On way longer sticks.

yes, this is something i find D1 did so much better which is why it suprises me that they completely fucked it up in 2. They took away all the mystery, all the discovery and everything is on the god damn map. Its honestly not interesting to just go in and explore cause i know where everything is gonna be at all times, the minute it happens. Why would they think this is a good decision..... Man, what a damn shame. Another Destiny game that needs to be completely reworked. lol just ridiculous.

thespartin

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These QoL patches sound great. They wont do much to re-energize a lot of the community, but hopefully will make sticking around a lot easier when the first expansion drops. I just hope these changes have detracted from or slowed down their progress on getting the first expansion ready. If it gets delayed, thats going to suck. Cant wait for new content.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly we are just over a month in. For relatively short term fixes their heads are in the right space. I think by next year we could definitely see a game that most people are happy with.
no doubt. the game will get better just like D1 > RoI

but in the meantime let's hate on it :D
/s

LooneyLMD

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
Nice that I'll be able to do something with my thousands of legendary shards in a few months.

Hopefully they'll clean up the vault, too; add different filters/sorting to make it easier to find stuff.

Oct 25, 2017

Thats a terrible way to make a sequel. Especially on a game like this.
While Destiny 2 did have an awful development period (again), there was never any reason for D2 to feel smaller in scale for everything compared to end of life D1. For the most part D2 is Destiny 2.0 and not an actual sequel.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
While Destiny 2 did have an awful development period (again), there was never any reason for D2 to feel smaller in scale for everything compared to end of life D1. For the most part D2 is Destiny 2.0 and not an actual sequel.
I personally call it "Destiny B" with "Destiny A" being D1 at the time of Taken King and onward.
"Destiny B" basically takes a snapshot of D1 at the time of the split, then implements their own ideas of how to solve it's problems and goes from there.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately? Yeah.

Right now? No.

We need carrots.

On way longer sticks.

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to hearing more details as they come along. I definitely have some concerns with the end game stuff, but I can't deny that I still mostly have a good time when playing Destiny 2... when I'm not running into bugs and stuff at least. I honestly expected the game to be in a better state than it currently was given how big Bungie has become, but imagine that things will improve for the most part. I thought so with the first game anyway.

VincentMatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looking forward to hearing more details as they come along. I definitely have some concerns with the end game stuff, but I can't deny that I still mostly have a good time when playing Destiny 2... when I'm not running into bugs and stuff at least. I honestly expected the game to be in a better state than it currently was given how big Bungie has become, but imagine that things will improve for the most part. I thought so with the first game anyway.

Yes, theres no doubt it will improve but i mean, why make the same mistakes over again and top of new ones? All they had to do what take what D1 was at the end and add, rework and improve on that. It didnt need to be started over only to have the games core be rebuilt.....again. I mean, learn from your mistakes.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
The thing I like about Destiny is that it is the sort of game where you hit a wall, take a break to play new releases and then go back and forth to it as the content keeps coming out. Whereas, some games I am just one and done, despite whatever DLC releases. But much like the first one after a love/hate relationship, I eventually settled on love and just kept going back to it. It's the same sort of deal here.

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The thing I like about Destiny is that it is the sort of game where you hit a wall, take a break to play new releases and then go back and forth to it as the content keeps coming out. Whereas, some games I am just one and done, despite whatever DLC releases. But much like the first one after a love/hate relationship, I eventually settled on love and just kept going back to it. It's the same sort of deal here..
I agree even though I hit the wall much faster with D2 than I did with D1 due to less customization for builds and fixed rolls which was sort of a bummer. It is nice to take a break, let them fix some things, and I'll be ready to get sucked back in all over again when DLC1 drops.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
I agree even though I hit the wall much faster with D2 than I did with D1 due to less customization for builds and fixed rolls which was sort of a bummer. It is nice to take a break, let them fix some things, and I'll be ready to get sucked back in all over again when DLC1 drops.

It's that addictive gameplay loop. It is just so fun to play, that you always get sucked right back in.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
  • An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Im just expecting each of those to be attached to a single d-pad direction and nothing more.

Honestly the perfect system would be to have a type of emote on each d-pad direction (up for greetings, down for responses, left for silly, right for dances) and you would just single, double or triple tap for which one you want. Im still kinda suprised the emote system wasn't overhauled to begin with.

bennok

Oct 27, 2017
Fargo, ND
The thing I like about Destiny is that it is the sort of game where you hit a wall, take a break to play new releases and then go back and forth to it as the content keeps coming out. Whereas, some games I am just one and done, despite whatever DLC releases. But much like the first one after a love/hate relationship, I eventually settled on love and just kept going back to it. It's the same sort of deal here.

This. I'm almost more excited to see where Destiny 2 as a game goes, rather than where it is now. I feel like the base-gameplay of the game is fun to play, but I hit a wall pretty quick after I hit LL.

Part of me also wishes that they maybe take a few notes from their new friends at Blizzard to see how they could implement some end-game systems into D2. Rep overhauls would be something that I would personally love to see updated.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017

I agree. I dropped D1 soon after launch but once I returned with TTK, it was much improved.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god. Sounds like the game might actually get enjoyable eventually.

How did they drop the ball so hard after Destiny 1. Years 2 and 3 were soooooooo fucking good.

Sygma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They just need to lay down really hard and repeatable content, which should be rewarded accordingly when you re done with the raid and that's it

Replayability is mainly coming from stuff you can do to roll and gear alts anyway

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Meh, this game is so underwhelming to the point I stopped playing only after 3 weeks of release. Why remove the raid traits from raid gear? Why Adventure & Lost Sectors are useless? Nothing rewarding in this game but the milestones.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
If the datamine from the PC version is to be believed, we should be getting a lot more stuff very soon to complement these new systems.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Eh. Until what alot of this is actually defined I can't really say whether it sounds good or not.

Better rewards could mean shaders lol..

Edit yeah once we pay for dlc ^^

Raven117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they were sitting on this until after PC release.
Id be shocked if they weren't.

I bet they knew before the game launched in Sept. what the complaints were going to be.

All these changes sound great. I'll come crashing back in for some more Destiny. I freakin love it. Vanilla has finally run its course for me this week, but ill be ready for more in December.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
*In the Live team we trust*

Sounds good, but we need execution. Ripping out all the endgame loops (most bad) and not replacing them was a pretty poor decision. Now they have to spend resources that should be expanding D2 into bringing back ideas and code that worked well from the end of year 3.