• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
It's easy for the south to be the king when you're constantly claiming you're the king.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
You should see their other food.

Yelp picture of the ribs
o.jpg
They definitely fucked it up cooking-wise, but I do have to say, that's a good cut of ribs, with a generous portion of meat left on top of the bone.
More meat than some 5-star places, to be honest.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

just gonna repost this because

Omg, so awful. Like was it microwaved and then boiled? No seasoning, no flavor, probably dry and stiff.

Like this is the equivalent of white people like my parents putting a bit of salt and McCormick curry powder on chicken and immediately baking it and calling it good Indian food.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Is Tritip not common elsewhere? It's probably our most commonly cooked cut, even more than steaks

I used to work in Los Angeles while living in Texas, and knew plenty of places out there with tritip, but never saw it here. Now that there's an influx of people moving from California out here, I've been noticing it added to the menu of a few places. Still pretty rare to find it, though.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast hasn't created any regional BBQ styles, but there are more than a few legit-ass BBQ spots. Besides ethnic grilling/BBQ styles with quality outposts (like Caribbean jerk and KBBQ spots), there's some good places doing their own thing like Hometown BBQ in Brooklyn or Izzy's Smokehouse in Brooklyn and Manhattan (kosher/Jewish BBQ with beef, chicken and lamb).

Chesters's BBQ in Groton CT was very good, doing some sort of cross between TX style and KC style - I think they're still around during the pandemic.
John Brown's Smokehouse (KC style) in Queens NY was damn good, but I haven't been since COVID started up...

I know that $30 artisan BBQ meal looks wack as fuck, but there's good stuff around there dammit, lol

gunbo13

Oct 26, 2017
In NYC you have to just stick with Korean BBQ.
There's good bbq in NYC as well. I personally have enjoyed Hill Country many of times. My previous employee was from Texas and she enjoys it.

21525_b73f7f92b3_original.png

This thread pops up often and that NYC BBQ pic always shows up. It's a dumb pic. But if NYC BBQ is bad, then so be it. We have top notch cuisines from around the world around here and I'll enjoy our BBQ events in the city with pit masters from around the country. :)

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
For the same reason that no southern state other than Florida has made good beer.

Jk just baiting.

There's no such thing as NYC bbq. Stop. NYC bbq is just bbq styles that originated elsewhere in the country and some people have made it in NYC. It's fine, we don't need to do everything. Like stupid "chopped cheese." Other places can do things.

The reason most bbq originates in the south is because of slavery.

gunbo13

Oct 26, 2017
There's no such thing as NYC bbq. Stop. NYC bbq is just bbq styles that originated elsewhere in the country and some people have made it in NYC. It's fine, we don't need to do everything. Like stupid "chopped cheese." Other places can do things.

Not sure if this related to my post but I obviously mean bbq made in NYC. My example Hill Country literally cites Texas on the door.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017

Of course, we know that!
Just saying that there are good places that have quality representation of those styles in the NY metro area. If you can't make it to Texas/KC/Carolina, at least you can go to Dinosaur BBQ!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Vinegar or mustard based bbq for life.

just gonna repost this because

legit looks like someone cut up a steak in strips and put it on a plate. What the hell is that sad bowl anyway? Salad. With BBQ? Heathens.

Edit: maybe that's mac n cheese? if so, that's at least better. definitely needs some coleslaw or greens.