• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Legally I can't officially condone punching people unless they start it

But from a moral standpoint, fuck it. Your unpunched face was forfeit the moment you opted to approve of mass murder. Those aren't just words. It's an ideology that leads to slaughter. You deserve a punch

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
15078841_10211711429367107_3658714724511312126_n.jpg

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Yes and let them spread their hate filled ideology.

I'm not saying you shouldn't punch Nazi but a few logistic questions:

1) what makes you think that they will stop spouting their nonsense after you punched them?
2) what makes you so sure that they won't punch you back?

If you can sort out both, then punch away I guess...

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

1) what makes you think that they will stop spouting their nonsense after you punched them?

None, there's no guarantees in anything.

But they're subhuman idiots whose ideology cost millions of lives.

They don't deserve anything.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I do think violence is never really the solution. But if you feel the need to be violent, do it to a "nazi". The whole neo-Nazi thing is the dumbest thing ever. They should be corrected. It's basically self-defence since all they do is promote hate and violence. I mean, they're promoting Nazi Germany and their ideals....... So while i'm against violence, i really don't give a fuck if a Nazi get's a fist in the face. But you do risk going to jail and risk killing a person.
I might even take that risk when a wild Nazi appears.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

If you can sort out both, then punch away I guess...

1) trauma that more punch will come their way if they do
2) the other nazi haters aka population

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
In general I dont think that fascism should be given any room to breathe, let alone breed and there has been more than enough argument and history that no sound minded person can be given the benefit of the doubt when preaching white nationalism or white superiority. As such, yes, I do think it behooves a principled society to be as intolerant to those ideologies as they are to everything else.

Unfortunately, we seem to find ourselves in a society where hate speech and actions have been given legitimacy and attempts by members of the populace to defend themselves against it are seen as assault. So, punching a nazi, though in my mind a correct course of action for a tolerant and progressive society, I would not really encourage that people break laws that will not stop the rise of fascism and will ruin your life.

I do not believe that there is never a cause for violence. History has given many examples where violence has been warranted and necessary. But the general populace needs to be onside with that violence otherwise it will be cast as radicalism and terrorism and its proponents will face the laws judgement (which at the moment seems more aligned with white nationalists).

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't stop punching until someone dragged me off. We don't debate Nazis, we make them taste the curb.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't assault anyone over something they said, or wrote about, or posted on twitter. People say idiotic shit all the time and we can't possibly go around punching them all, nor do I think it solves the behavior.

However, if the person acts out white supremacy or facism in whatever form, that's a different story, and they should be physically stopped from doing it.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
If you really must punch somebody, punch a Nazi.

But maybe don't punch people except in self defence.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I think that instigating violence in any situation that isn't protecting yourself or someone else isn't right. I also love seeing nazi scum eat shit. So I guess you could say I don't think it's necessary morally right, but if you're gonna punch someone... make it a nazi.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If you don't think your going to get your teeth kicked in afterwards sure why not. Know when to pick your battles though, and be sure you can win the fight. Just don't go doing shit for ERA clout. "good job OP" Is not going to pay hospital bills if a Nazi decides to stab you.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Personally I'm all for it..and have done it.

Unfortunately it only helps their cause/emboldens their sympathizers if it's caught on tape..do I care? No.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ive Done it and also have thrown rocks at their head during one of their skinhead parades in Idaho. Gives me much joy.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
But what about the ramifications of being violent to mass murder wanting psychopaths?

Nazis deserve worse than punches.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So long as society deigns to let nazis and other proponents of subjugation and extermination run rampant, I'm fine with it. It's self defence.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
They need to be afraid to spread their bullshit instead of being proud like they are now.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it to make a point to the deluded person or for your own gratification?
To hopefully smack the idea into them that people won't stand for this, and to give them pause in future?

We tried taking with racists and that didn't work, the only thing to do with actual full blown nazis is to fight back as hard as we can.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nazis actively make the world more unsafe. People from marginalized groups feel unsafe when they walk out and anticipate physical abuse. Nazis have literally killed people at their protests. They should be made to feel unsafe and unwelcome.
If you see a Nazi harassing someone or spouting bullshit, step in and tell them to fuck off at a minimum. Knock a dumbass's MAGA hat off. Do at least these things if you don't feel like exerting the energy to smack them down.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Just make them feel as and as insecure as they actually are. If punching does that okay. I will not shed a tear for the them.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Would y'all be asking this about ISIS terrorists?

No? Alright then.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Financial violence is the way to go with these idiots.
Actual violence leads to them getting sympathy from some.

Take their job or their income source, and now they suffer for real.

Hashtag fire all nazis/far right wingers

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't condone it, but I sure as hell won't do anything to stop it. Rather them get a black eye than millions suffer from their genocidal ideology.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I hated seeing in the old place was the random person coming out to say that they don't like violence and that there are better ways to deal with these people.

As a black person peace has been used against us so much when we literally die just minding our business so punching a nazi or racist is the most polite form of fuck you I can contemplate.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I wouldn't advocate violence but I'm not going to sympathise with a Nazi ever. If one gets punched then they brought it on themselves.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To people who are against punching Nazis-

If someone said "I'm going to kill you and your family" would you not be ok with them being punched? What's the difference between that and "I'm going to wipe out your whole race/ethnic group"? If anything the latter deserves worse than a punch.

Hate speech is a form of violence and punching the alt-right is a-ok. If they were afraid to publicly advocate their hateful views then perhaps the spread of fascism might have been averted. It is the fastidious centrists, who value law and order more than morality, that have allowed this to happen.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I wouldn't punch them but I support anyone who does.

Never let anyone get away with telling you you don't deserve to exist or live were you do.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when advocating violence against white supremacists would get you banned? Or advocating harassing the president's children would get you banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.