Using DBZ power levels, what quality are you expecting from the game?

• SS Blue Gogeta

Votes: 44 3.8%
  • SSJ2 Gohan

Votes: 129 11.1%
  • Piccolo

Votes: 366 31.5%
  • Krillin

Votes: 313 26.9%
  • Yamcha

Votes: 201 17.3%
  • Yajirobe

Votes: 110 9.5%

• Total voters

FormerSOLDIER

Jan 1, 2020
It will absolutely shit on Legacy of Goku games, they're good for their time but Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is doing the same things way, waaaay better (thankfully since it's a modern game versus a Game Boy Advance title but still). I put off my nostalgia googles when I tried to replay the second game for a moment some months ago, it aged horribly.
If it has a world map, towns combined with same-ish RPG quests and Faulconer music I'm down. Honestly so far I've only seen fighting footage. Is there any exploration gameplay out there?

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
If it has a world map, towns combined with same-ish RPG quests and Faulconer music I'm down. Honestly so far I've only seen fighting footage. Is there any exploration gameplay out there?

You can see some exploration here:

Also :

- Yes, it has a world map (not explorable though), you have access to many levels and they're pretty big but it's not a true open world.
- Many towns like Gingertown, Satan City, West City, etc.
- RPG quests are in (after all, it's an Action-RPG). Not mindblowing stuff but you can encounter many Dragon Ball characters and there are funny stuff like finding sexy magazines for Muten Roshi. Yes, there is a quest with his turtle hiding the magazines.
- No Faulconer music (thankfully ha ha but I understand why some people like it), music from the japanese anime, mostly remixes.

FormerSOLDIER

Jan 1, 2020
You can see some exploration here:

Also :

- Yes, it has a world map (not explorable though), you have access to many levels and they're pretty big but it's not a true open world.
- Many towns like Gingertown, Satan City, West City, etc.
- RPG quests are in (after all, it's an Action-RPG). Not mindblowing stuff but you can encounter many Dragon Ball characters and there are funny stuff like finding sexy magazines for Muten Roshi. Yes, there is a quest with his turtle hiding the magazines.
- No Faulconer music (thankfully ha ha but I understand why some people like it), music from the japanese anime, mostly remixes.
Oh nice ty. Abridged got me used to the Japanese soundtrack so I'll sort of live. That town exploration looks nice!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Realistically, a 5 to 6 out of 10 that only appeals tot he most hardcore dbz fans.

I expect nothing from this game.
Y'all crazy. Even the worst Storm games got mid 70s despite the repetitive nature of the games, and the best got low 80s. No way in hell is this getting 5s outside of a few select outlets. 7-8 seems most likely.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Conceptually, it looks like a game that I would have been over the moon for in my teens, and part of me hopes it turns out great, but I generally see CC2 as a studio that is fantastic at presentation only and not very good at making compelling gameplay, so that strongly dampens my expectations back down to 6/10-ish neighborhood. It'll look great through and through, I'm sure, but I'm not expecting it to be very engaging to play.

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
I'm hoping for Piccolo levels of good.
I firmly believe we need a retelling of DBZ in game format every couple of gens (DB too but I really don't see that happening), so I'm very excited for this game.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
That Trunks scene was so painful to watch I don't understand how people can think it looks great.
And I'm not talking about graphics especially (which are also average).
I can't understand how people can be excited about an open-world DBZ game. The overworld—albeit it had nice landscapes in the original material—is so bland and I expect being able to fly around will get old after the first couple of hours.
Now if it was a Dragon Ball game where you had to travel from Goku's moutains up to the Red Ribbon tower and all... That would've been interesting
Might take less than "hours".
Agree for DB.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That Trunks scene was so painful to watch I don't understand how people can think it looks great.
And I'm not talking about graphics especially (which are also average).

Might take less than "hours".
Agree for DB.

You talking about that epileptic camera and floaty tracking of your target? Yeah I have the same worry. It's like they are adapting the ground based Naruto fighting system for aerial combat... That can be deeply frustrating. I feel Xenoverse suffered from the same thing.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
You talking about that epileptic camera and floaty tracking of your target? Yeah I have the same worry. It's like they are adapting the ground based Naruto fighting system for aerial combat... That can be deeply frustrating. I feel Xenoverse suffered from the same thing.
That but also the cutscene. Felt like it was made by someone Who was "trying to remember the actual moment"rather than checking it and "copying". And it feels so, so cheap.
The map is looking "good" but World Seeker good, which is, with no artistic direction and basic UE4 or something.

When a character focuses energy in battles it sometimes covers so much of the screen you don't even see if an enemy is attacking.

But it's probably very hard to make a good battle system for that series. It gets a bit too crazy.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked this game is only a week from release and no one has it and is posting info and videos on a forum lol

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That but also the cutscene. Felt like it was made by someone Who was "trying to remember the actual moment"rather than checking it and "copying". And it feels so, so cheap.
The map is looking "good" but World Seeker good, which is, with no artistic direction and basic UE4 or something.

When a character focuses energy in battles it sometimes covers so much of the screen you don't even see if an enemy is attacking.

But it's probably very hard to make a good battle system for that series. It gets a bit too crazy.

Nah fam Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2/3 (Sparking Neo/Meteor for cultured people) were the perfect DBZ simulators.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really interested in it. But I think I'll sit it out for a bit.

It's going to go on sale and there will probably be DLC for super and or gt down the line. So I'll just wait.

It looks like a DBZ game of my childhood dreams. Who knows I might bite sooner then later?

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
Dont know whay people are hating on this, I think it looks good. Wanted a real DBZ RPG for a while, not just a fighting game.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Y'all crazy. Even the worst Storm games got mid 70s despite the repetitive nature of the games, and the best got low 80s. No way in hell is this getting 5s outside of a few select outlets. 7-8 seems most likely.
I mean, fair play to storm, those games were wonderful Naruto compendiums that took a lot of really interesting liberties with how important events actually happened. They redo a lot of major moments and do great jobs with them, but they had been making naruto games for like....10 years straight.

I expect a strict retelling of DBZ moments with rpg elements hanging on the fringes. I simply don't think it's going to be the game people want.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Nah fam Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2/3 (Sparking Neo/Meteor for cultured people) were the perfect DBZ simulators.
Yeah, the localised titles were confusing, with horrible previous games that shared a very similar name if I believe.
Good thing I'm a lot into japanese versions too.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
It's going to be Super Saiyan Goku level.

Once the Bruce Faulconer music mod comes out then it's going even further beyond.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It's going to be Super Saiyan Goku level.

Once the Bruce Faulconer music mod comes out then it's going even further beyond.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
a6P7tMq.gif

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Good enough for me.

Would love a bigger budget game like this though.

Do Dbz games ever sell well enough to warrant a bigger budget? Never really paid attention to sales.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Damn, Yajirobe gettin the shaft at last place, lmao. I need to re read Dragonball, he was so good in the original series

Jul 24, 2018
Because Mr Satan is awesome. He tamed Buu goddamnit! HE TOOK ON CELL! I love his character.
Yajirobe is The Bean Daddy, he grants Goku and the gang beans when they need him he helped Trunks keeping any remaining citizens alive in the future timeline, he cut off Vegeta's tail effectively securing Goku's victory. This man is a legend.

May 1, 2018
It'll probably be great, but I'm just so tired of the DBZ story at this point that it's a Krillin at best. How about they make a One Piece game like this covering the story so far instead? Enough World Seeker garbage....

dumbyugi

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews will probably land somewhere in low to mid 70s. I'd expect this to be a 7 or 8 out of 10 for fans and maybe a solid 5/6 for non-fans.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
This game looks like the game that 10 year old me wanted way back in the day. I'll probably never play it.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i have no idea how people will react to it generally but all i know is that i wanted to play this game since i was 10 years old so i don't care for anything else

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Yajirobe is The Bean Daddy, he grants Goku and the gang beans when they need him he helped Trunks keeping any remaining citizens alive in the future timeline, he cut off Vegeta's tail effectively securing Goku's victory. This man is a legend.
Let's not forget when he defeated and ate one of King Piccolo's minions.
tumblr_inline_pmjcvaKH9d1r15usg_1280.jpg

Yeah that was a sentient demon warrior. And I bet it was delicious.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
A 6.5/10 at best. Gameplay looks really boring and I'm sure the open world aspect of it will be very disappointing.