Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is largely why I don't listen to Eminem, also I didn't listen to his album but I'm not surprised to hear he used a homophobic slur.

The only other rapper who have used it in the last few years were Tyler, The Creator and J. Cole. Both rubbed me the wrong way too and I was disappointed by J. Cole's use of it.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
This is largely why I don't listen to Eminem, also I didn't listen to his album but I'm not surprised to hear he used a homophobic slur.

The only other rapper who have used it in the last few years were Tyler, The Creator and J. Cole. Both rubbed me the wrong way too and I was disappointed by J. Cole's use of it.

He directed that slur at Tyler the creator though, who recently became more open about his attraction to men.

Fuzzery

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised him and Dre were still using this language awhile back as well, let alone now

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Was just reading some articles about Eminem apologizing for calling Tyler the Creator a f*ggot on his new album and it's wild to me that a major, global rap megastar still uses this word. I don't usually check for Eminem so I only found out about this now, but I really thought he had moved past this type of behaviour. He's 40-something and it's 2018. This is not some problematic teenage SoundCloud rapper, it's fucking Eminem. Like holy shit...

He didn't call Tyler the Creator a "F*ggot bitch".

I'm only talking about this song, but clearly most people who are responding never even listened to the song or looked up the lyrics.

Eminem says:

"Tyler create nothing', I see why you called yourself a f*ggot, bitch" since Tyler the Creator called himself that in his own song.

He isn't homophobic, one of his good friends is Elton John.

Nothing1016

Oct 25, 2017
California
Kendrick Lamar
Kanya West
Vic Mensa
Jay-Z
Lil B
ASAP Rocky
Childish Gambino
Drake
T-Pain
Nicki Minaj

Are all artists that have either supported the LGBT community or have changed for the better. Why are people allowing Em to stay the same? The dude has not matured musically nor lyrically.

Feb 3, 2018
Ok I will probably get a warning or be banned outright for saying this but rap music have used these unfortunate terms very often and is still used, some of the best rap music have bad language it's a generational thing more than anything else.

I am also not advocating for using the word since it is offensive but rap music has in its own way always been offensive.

As a 90's kid who remembers when Dre and Eminem got big there was a ton of people who wanted their music outright banned because of it's offensive nature.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kendrick Lamar
Kanya West
Vic Mensa
Jay-Z
Lil B
ASAP Rocky
Childish Gambino
Drake
T-Pain
Nicki Minaj

Are all artists that have either supported the LGBT community or have changed for the better. Why are people allowing Em to stay the same? The dude has not matured musically nor lyrically.
With the exception of T-Pain, these are all rappers that either currently in their prime or have some huge brand to protect. People that used homophobic lyrics didn't just flip a switch overnight. They made a business a decision.

Slash Ess

Nov 5, 2017
Ok I will probably get a warning or be banned outright for saying this but rap music have used these unfortunate terms very often and is still used, some of the best rap music have bad language it's a generational thing more than anything else.

I am also not advocating for using the word since it is offensive but rap music has in its own way always been offensive.

As a 90's kid who remembers when Dre and Eminem got big there was a ton of people who wanted their music outright banned because of it's offensive nature.

OK we're talking about 2018 bye

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the exception of T-Pain, these are all rappers that either currently in their prime or have some huge brand to protect. People that used homophobic lyrics didn't just flip a switch overnight. They made a business a decision.

Every single ONE of those rappers had some kind of "homophobic" lyric. All of them. They may not use that shit now, but they've definitely said shit. Do i believe any of them are homophobic, though? Nah.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because people don't care that's the real answer. It's same reason why many people in Hip Hop can call woman not-so-nice things and get away with it

Yea I mean rappers call women "thots", "sluts", "bitches", "hoes", fucking etc... for days and no one bats an eye.

Deleted member 4518

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm only talking about this song, but clearly most people who are responding never even listened to the song or looked up the lyrics.

Eminem says:

"Tyler create nothing', I see why you called yourself a f*ggot, bitch" since Tyler the Creator called himself that in his own song.

'It's okay because he's friends with Elton John' is such a lazy, stupid argument. He can still be 'friends' with Elton John and still be called out for his homophobia in his songs. That doesn't excuse him from it.

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It gets people talking.
People have probably streamed his songs just to hear what the fuss is about.
He'll keep doing what he does cause it equals money.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Eminem says:

Hilarious

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017

Eminem says:

Oh ok, so that's how it works. Ok, guys move along Trickstah explained everything. It's cool.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Isn't this what rappers do though. They promote drugs, the call women bitches whores sluts, they laugh at people with disabilities, they're homophobic, they promote violence and talk about carrying/using guns

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Isn't this what rappers do though. They promote drugs, the call women bitches whores sluts, they lagh at people with disabilities, they're homophobic, they promote violence and talk about carrying/using guns
Yeah, don't get me wrong I think Eminem is one of the greatest artists alive and he has some touching songs (Headlights for example). However he should never be your moral compass. A lot of his lyrics can be insulting or contain foul language.