elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I expected myself to slowly become more welcome to Hogan returning to WWE over time, but it's gone the other way. Every time I hear about him doing something, it bothers me more as time goes on.

I regret going to Super Show-Down. I only wanted to go for the spectacle of a wrestling audience filling up the MCG, but I'm so unhappy with many of the business decisions the WWE makes and I'm sorry I helped fund it.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'd love to believe this but I'm highly suspicious. I dont think Hogan gets many boos. I'm sure there will be some but not enough to really send the message to Vince that we don't want him around
These fans cheered for Vince just a couple weeks back. Of COURSE they're going to cheer for Hogan.
Hell, they're in Florida for crying out loud. And we all know what we think of Florida Man.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
The number of people defending this move online is disgusting.

"BUT WHO ELSE OTHER THAN HOGAN TO PAY TRIBUTE TO MEAN GENE??!?!?"

Sammartino, Heenan, and Savage all got video packages and that's pretty much it. The idea that Hogan absolutely needs to be there live is horseshit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Mean Gene death or not, Hogan was always going to get a massive pop when he returned. I doubt Vince was worried about his live paying fans that pop for anything. It was probably more apprehension around sponsors that delayed Hogans return.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The number of people defending this move online is disgusting.

"BUT WHO ELSE OTHER THAN HOGAN TO PAY TRIBUTE TO MEAN GENE??!?!?"

Sammartino, Heenan, and Savage all got video packages and that's pretty much it. The idea that Hogan absolutely needs to be there live is horseshit.

I also think gathering other announcers/interviewers to do their thing and pay tribute to him would be more apt, showing how his lead in the industry paved the way from your Michael Cole's all the way to your Mauro's and Renee's.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
9E4F4A3C-1C8C-43A4-B0F1-970B84FCAEBE_zpsdxfovyg6.jpeg
Probably my favorite interaction between the two.
https://twitter.com/senatorivy/status/993834928063344640?s=21

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So you cool with watching people who don't like black
I didn't know any of them were racists, that sucks if so and I would have to check my views on them.

As far as Hogan goes, I do not watch Raw, I watch SD and NXT/UK.

Oh and I've been anti-Hogan my whole life, I thought Hogan's WWF was a joke and only really caught on until Bret Hart was on, and I was just 8-10. So even more reason now to not like him.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
WWE fans are hopeless and cowards. If they can't stop watching and subscribing because the product sucks and fans are told they are the problem when they complain, then they'll never stop watching due to their morals. No, they'll keep watching a bad product, keep subscribing to the network because reasons, and they'll complain but do nothing about WWE's stance on Saudi Arabia, Trump, and Hulk Hogan.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
He is right. Skew Democrat but some of the lowest turnout.

514789beeab8ea4e69000006-960-720.jpg

Interesting. Wouldn't have guessed NHL skews Republican, especially since so many of the teams are northern and Canadian focused.

Seeing NCAA football and high school though isn't surprising. Lots of those college and HS sports cities are in more rural areas where there's no pro sports team.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Wouldn't have guessed NHL skews Republican, especially since so many of the teams are northern and Canadian focused.

Seeing NCAA football and high school though isn't surprising. Lots of those college and HS sports cities are in more rural areas where there's no pro sports team.
Hockey is an expensive sport to play and put your kids into. That means you need money and money generally skews right.

With that said, 538 came out with a study last year that analyzed google search trends vs. Trump voting share and NHL is a slight lean left. Basically, NBA is more left leaning whereas College Football is the most right leaning. NFL is a crapshoot, no correlation.

paineentenajr-nflpol-2.png

Last edited:

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not buying it. There is a large group of people, sure. Every live event I've ever been to I've met the worst fucking people.
So let me get this straight - You are presented with evidence from a scientific study and you refute it because you "think" it's wrong based on personal opinion? You do realize that is literally the definition of confirmation bias?

The study literally shows WWE fans vote the least out of anyone, so not sure how you're making broad strokes of their political lean with literally zero evidence other than you sat near them for 3 hours this one time.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So let me get this straight - You are presented with evidence from a scientific study and you refute it because you "think" it's wrong based on personal opinion? You do realize that is literally the definition of confirmation bias?

The study literally shows WWE fans vote the least out of anyone, so not sure how you're making broad strokes of their political lean with literally zero evidence other than you sat near them for 3 hours this one time.

Could be a work

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts

I don't really see any details from this scientific study. I'm just going by my history with the industry in person and online. You got anything else?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I really hope the crowd does the right thing and boo the fuck out of him when his theme comes on. I'm gonna fast forward that segment anyways

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that. Bring Jesse Ventura on. He's the one who gave Gene his nickname.

Better yet, bring his family.

Don't use the man's death as a hogan shield

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
NYR I'm also not calling you out. I go to a ton of live events, with wrestling specifically dating back to the 80s. I don't know the political bias, but I don't believe it's the most progressive environment at the very least. I've been to events with homophobic chants in the past. This year where fans expressed their exceitement after hearing a hated athlete was diagnosed with cancer.

And that's just the WWE audience.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
NYR I'm also not calling you out. I go to a ton of live events, with wrestling specifically dating back to the 80s. I don't know the political bias, but I don't believe it's the most progressive environment at the very least. I've been to events with homophobic chants in the past. This year where fans expressed their exceitement after hearing a hated athlete was diagnosed with cancer.

This just sounds like you refuse to acknowledge that people can lean democrat while also being massive shitheads. And of course your personal experience still isn't really evidence of anything, especially in the face of an actual study.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017

I know, I don't feel called out at all, just disappointed you don't think the presented evidence is outweighed by your personal experiences. Those type of stupid chants are likely to happen when you mix alcohol and a public setting.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
This just sounds like you refuse to acknowledge that people can lean democrat while also being massive shitheads. And of course your personal experience still isn't really evidence of anything, especially in the face of an actual study.

I don't know the details of the study thought. That is my cocnern.

I'm from Massachusetts. I live in the land of Democrat shitheads.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
"Well let me tell you something Hulkamaniacs, I spoke to Mean Gene a few days before his death brother, and he said you guys should absolutely forgive me dude."

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I know, I don't feel called out at all, just disappointed you don't think the presented evidence is outweighed by your personal experiences. Those type of stupid chants are likely to happen when you mix alcohol and a public setting.

Alcohol does help. The last event I went to was pretty early on, so it was a lot of people just spouting general hate for someone they thought they needed to.

The thread is about Hulk Hogan coming back. My generic feeling is more people are welcoming of him returning than against. I don't think the culture is a particularly positive one. That's all.

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
I made the choice last year to never give WWE money or watch any of their shows again (including NXT) and I haven't regretted it once. There's too much good wrestling outside of it, and every month or so they make another truly awful decision like this that reaffirms my choice as the correct one. They're a straight up trash company, run by trash people.

Fuck Hogan, fuck Vince, fuck HHH, fuck the WWE.

But RIP Gene, for real. I always liked him and it's really fucking low that his death is being used partly as a way to get Hogan cheered again

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
No idea what you mean by that.

"I know there's been an actual study done on the topic but I don't believe it because feelings are better than facts. Got anything else?"

Well, you're essentially calling me a hateful racist. You've also had similar posts recently. It's gross.

Because the picture shown didn't have link or name to the studies shown. I don't see how that's a political leaning to immediately throw your weight in one particular direction. I've also been quite clear on my intention.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand it's kind of terrible, on the other most of the guys who had the best moments with Gene are either dead or worse than Hogan.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hogan shouldn't be anywhere near the product. He's still toxic.
On the other hand, according to bruce prichard, hogan was his favorite to work with.

Ric flair should be enough. A video package with hh in it would have been ok.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
No idea what you mean by that.

"I know there's been an actual study done on the topic but I don't believe it because feelings are better than facts. Got anything else?"
From my perspective, regardless of the study: The WWE has a history of racism. Not once every blue moon, but constant, rampant racism since it was big back in the 90. It's been going from insultingly racist (e.g. asian or black stereotyping and parodying), "accidentally" racist with very little apology if even, off-the-hours racist like Hogan and multiple others, mockingly racist like Mahal insulting Nakamura as an example and just by allowing and welcoming racism, as it happens now with Hogans return.

If the fans say "we're not racist" I, personally, have a hard time taking this claim seriously, when on they other hand they keep supporting this business over all these things, while - with Era as an example - being first in line when game companies display racist or gross behaviour. It comes across as a huge double standard and while I do believe the study map, it doesn't change much on that matter. If the most leftist democrat Hillary fan in the world is fine with the McMahon business and how it's been run, and that is exactly what they say when they still support, promote, watch and pay for WWE content, I still percieve this as being fine with racism, bigotry and general assholery. Or, if not that, it shows that fighting racism on this stage with more than just words is less important than enjoying their hobby.

I can see how they themselves don't feel like this, but just take any other defense of racism on Era when it comes to gaming, media or hollywood to see how this looks like for people like me who aren't into Wrestling anymore due to this shit, even if you feel otherwise.