Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I expected myself to slowly become more welcome to Hogan returning to WWE over time, but it's gone the other way. Every time I hear about him doing something, it bothers me more as time goes on.

I regret going to Super Show-Down. I only wanted to go for the spectacle of a wrestling audience filling up the MCG, but I'm so unhappy with many of the business decisions the WWE makes and I'm sorry I helped fund it.
I agree with this. What killed it was his bogus backstage apology he made. If he was genuinely sorry I could forgive him and move on, but instead he twisted it into, "You got to watch what you say in front of the camera, brother." rather than actually being about what he said.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm not making anything up. I'm being very clear and explaining why I think your post is out of line.

Out of line?

Someone here pointed out that wrestling fans lean democrat. You replied with a childish, "I don't think so, Tim."

When it was then shown that you're wrong, you basically said you didn't care about that information because you feel like what you said is true.

That is why I said you sounded like Trump. Because ignoring information to go with what he feels is a common thing he does. I was busting your balls because you're stereotyping wrestling fans as being Republicans and you laughed off the idea that they're not.

You then accused me of calling you racist. What?

If you want to argue that wrestling fans bury their heads in the sand and ignore the real issues regarding racism by continuing to support them, that's valid. But you were specifically talking about political leanings and you were incorrect.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Out of line?

Someone here pointed out that wrestling fans lean democrat. You replied with a childish, "I don't think so, Tim."

When it was then shown that you're wrong, you basically said you didn't care about that information because you feel like what you said is true.

That is why I said you sounded like Trump. Because ignoring information to go with what he feels is a common thing he does. I was busting your balls because you're stereotyping wrestling fans as being Republicans and you laughed off the idea that they're not.

You then accused me of calling you racist. What?

If you want to argue that wrestling fans bury their heads in the sand and ignore the real issues regarding racism by continuing to support them, that's valid. But you were specifically talking about political leanings and you were incorrect.

Well, yeah. Because you are making it a full scale attack, and it's not the first time.

I'm also not the only one who thinks while there are some honest and geniune great fans and athletes, this industry is marred by quite a bit of head turning.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
You can vote democrat and still be a racist wwe loving idiot, what even is this argument

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Well, yeah. Because you are making it a full scale attack, and it's not the first time.

"Full scale attack." "Not the first time."

I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about here. I made like a one sentence comment to you and you accused me of saying you were racist for some crazy reason.

The point is that you assumed WWE fans were Republicans due to the racism that persists in the WWE. That was wrong and ignorant. Liberals can be racists too.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
"Full scale attack." "Not the first time."

I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about here. I made like a one sentence comment to you and you accused me of saying you were racist for some crazy reason.

The point is that you assumed WWE fans were Republicans due to the racism that persists in the WWE. That was wrong and ignorant. Liberals can be racists too.

You've made giant posts despite any clarification you may desire. Also making my point.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
We're now talking about the amount of words I typed in response, as if that's relevant. This has gone completely off course and I'm done. Jesus Christ, Sanjuro.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Hogan is up in a few minutes if you want to check it out.

He got a pop a second ago showing him walking backstage so set your expectations accordingly lol.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone wants to know what happened, it was a subdued response, he got cheered but not for too long. There was a "Hogan" chant for less than 10 seconds. You could hear a few people booing but it was an positive response overall.

Edit: Hogan got emotional after the tribute video, started to tear bit and put on his sunglasses. He cut one more "let me tell you, Mean Gene" promo.

He got less than 5 minutes of actual screen time.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone wants to know what happened, it was a subdued response, he got cheered but not for too long. There was a "Hogan" chant for less than 10 seconds. You could hear a few people booing but it was an positive response overall.

Edit: Hogan got emotional after the tribute video, started to tear bit and put on his sunglasses. He cut one more "let me tell you, Mean Gene" promo.

He got less than 5 minutes of actual screen time.
Also honored all the others who have passed in the promo.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really subdued cheer than what Hogan normally gets.

But fuck right off for mentioning Moolah.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Now make sure you get to WWE Shop and use the promo code MeanGene for 25% off all your Hulkamania merchandise BROTHER.....

Last edited:

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
The only way WWE will change is that if sponsors and advertisers make it change.

Fans bashing it on twitter wont get shit, just like booing fans and leaving stadiums get jack shit.

If you don't like the direction of WWE, stir some shit with the advertisers and Vince will listen.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
No matter who shows up people will cheer, shit, Chris Benoit can walk out and people will cheer.

I found it pretty respectful, it wasnt about him, it was about mean gene and while wwe is pushing the BUY HIS GEAR! Hogan didn't put himself over and only pushed for Gene.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"Now if everyone could please rise and stand silent in respect of Gene Oakerland......WHOOOOAAAA HERE COMES HULK HOGAN THOUGH!!!"

So ridiculous.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
"Now if everyone could please rise and stand silent in respect of Gene Oakerland......WHOOOOAAAA HERE COMES HULK HOGAN THOUGH!!!"

So ridiculous.

Kind of off topic but man, Hogan rattling off all of those wrestlers who've passed on is depressing as fuck

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it was better than I expected and I mostly came out of it feeling sad about Mean Gene and not thinking about Hogan at all

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Besides Hogan, who else it left from that era? Andre, Savage, Piper, Gorilla, Bobby, Alfred Hayes, etc are no more. :(

Heard Howard Finkle is not doing well. :(
Not many, but off the top of my head I could name Sgt Slaughter, Iron Sheik, Hogan, Flair, Bob Backlund, Road Warrior Animal

Flair is somehow going to outlive them all. I'm fully convinced his body has fully adapted and is now immortal.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I watched this show at the gym last night. I hadn't seen RAW in nearly 15 years and I was blown away by how... boring... it was.

The wrestling sucked ass, even though the talent looking bigger and more jacked than I'd ever seen them. The crowd was almost completely sedate (did they prohibit signs?) and the whole thing was just a vacuum of energy. It was like watching the trainees do their thing on that old Tough Enough show, only these were the "superstars."

I'd heard for a long time now that the product had come to suck and I was still shocked by how bad it was.

And John Cena with hair is just absurd.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I watched this show at the gym last night. I hadn't seen RAW in nearly 15 years and I was blown away by how... boring... it was.

The wrestling sucked ass, even though the talent looking bigger and more jacked than I'd ever seen them. The crowd was almost completely sedate (did they prohibit signs?) and the whole thing was just a vacuum of energy. It was like watching the trainees do their thing on that old Tough Enough show, only these were the "superstars."

I'd heard for a long time now that the product had come to suck and I was still shocked by how bad it was.

And that was after Vince, Shane, Steph, & HHH all appeared after the low ratings promising to "shake things up".

Smackdown is by leagues their best cable show.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

It's been particularly bad over the past year. The crowd did indeed suck, but they didn't give them much to cheer about.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WWE fans are hopeless and cowards. If they can't stop watching and subscribing because the product sucks and fans are told they are the problem when they complain, then they'll never stop watching due to their morals. No, they'll keep watching a bad product, keep subscribing to the network because reasons, and they'll complain but do nothing about WWE's stance on Saudi Arabia, Trump, and Hulk Hogan.
Just ignoring the fact that RAW is getting its lowest numbers ever right now. The fans are starting to drop off and the company continues to flop around the only way they know how.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring all the dumb shit that Hogan has done, that part when he realized that practically everyone from that era is dead was depressing as fuck

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017

You know something's wrong when they use the same wrestlers to open and close the show.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
You know something's wrong when they use the same wrestlers to open and close the show.

Something else that stuck out at me was the lack of gimmicks. Maybe I'm showing my age here but wrestlers used to be pretty fucking extra about their personas, both in speech and dress.

What I saw last night was a lot of Bearded Guy in Black Tights #1 fighting Bearded Guy in Black Tights #2.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something else that stuck out at me was the lack of gimmicks. Maybe I'm showing my age here but wrestlers used to be pretty fucking extra about their personas, both in speech and dress.

What I saw last night was a lot of Bearded Guy in Black Tights #1 fighting Bearded Guy in Black Tights #2.
This is mostly a lasting consequence of 00's era WWE going "everyone needs to dress like Orton, yes even the fat guys" and the indy trend of adopting the Japanese style Pancrase kickpads look.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
This is mostly a lasting consequence of 00's era WWE going "everyone needs to dress like Orton, yes even the fat guys" and the indy trend of adopting the Japanese style Pancrase kickpads look.

It fucking sucks man. I've seen MMA events with more spectacle and theatrics than that.

It's like they started taking the whole thing way too seriously.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It fucking sucks man. I've seen MMA events with more spectacle and theatrics than that.
The most ridiculous examples were Trevor Murdoch and Jack Swagger's debut appearance. Just completely ignoring body types. (Something modern post-NXT WWE has gotten better about, to be fair.)

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No matter who shows up people will cheer, shit, Chris Benoit can walk out and people will cheer.

I found it pretty respectful, it wasnt about him, it was about mean gene and while wwe is pushing the BUY HIS GEAR! Hogan didn't put himself over and only pushed for Gene.
I don't think anyone would cheer, they would probably be shocked into silence with a few probably fainting considering he's been dead for over a decade.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Their ability to rely on nostalgia is drying up at this point no? Taker is old as hell. The attitude era wrestlers are few and far between. I guess they can always pay the Rock or Stone Cold to make an appearance. Pretty gross that this is how they decided to bring Hogan back.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Ignoring all the dumb shit that Hogan has done, that part when he realized that practically everyone from that era is dead was depressing as fuck

I found a YouTube channel recently which does a lot of old PPV reviews. The guy who does it is very light hearted and personable, but it still is sad to see just about everyone involved with the actual product is dead.