• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely wild that we're getting a fully playable demo before we've seen a second of actual gameplay. Wouldn't be the first time an eighting game had baffling marketing

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/hunterNI_games/status/1781232550415077801
GLg1KmbaoAA_FBZ

6 playables characters at evo Japan. Really interested to see how good it play.

My biggest question right now is probably what they're going to do for Leorio's moveset.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Leorio can also use the knife he had in the beginning of the series. Maybe he can smack people with his briefcase, I dunno.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Getting the impression this will be a tag fighter based on how there are two teams facing off. Anyway, I probably won't even look at this game unless it has that girl who can turn into a beefcake from the MMO arc.

Edit: Oh, man. I just noticed this isn't a new thread.
Biscuit is major so she's definitely in. But will we get bee girl?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So are we sure this is an actual proper fighting game? I guess so, but we haven't seen shit yet lol and they'll have a playable demo soon.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I really didn't expect this to be a 2D plane game (with 3D models). Hope it looks better in the default camera angle and plays fun without too much overblown offence. Looking forward to gameplay for this next month
Dog this has me so fundamentally disappointed. I've been waiting for well over a decade for a spiritual successor to Clash of Ninja, and to see this as yet another 2D game has me shaking my head.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Dream scenario another Mvc structure game. Worst case scenario mechanics and movement of the Power rangers game I think for me

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, why are we doubting Eighting again?

DNF Duel was just as much out of left field, but was good, if not busted as shit.

Though back in the 2000s, before MvC3, they were doing a lot of godawful anime fighters. The Zatch Bell fighter they made might be the worst fighter I've ever played.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017

DNF Duel was just as much out of left field, but was good, if not busted as shit.

Though back in the 2000s, before MvC3, they were doing a lot of godawful anime fighters. The Zatch Bell fighter they made might be the worst fighter I've ever played.
eighting is goated but dnf was NOT good lol. shit was mad boring

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I've pretty much convinced myself that this is gonna be bad so if it's good it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
It's 8ing so I expect it to be insane and busted.

It being a team game should help it avoid being like DNF, which was just 1v1 Marvel and the dumb stuff seems to need the extra characters to keep it fresh for people.

My real concern is I have no idea who this publisher is and if we can expect any long term support, or if 8ing's curse in that area continues.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Because of the publisher
automaton-media.com

Bushiroad’s first console game criticized for quality issues and low budget - AUTOMATON WEST

Bushiroad released their new Nintendo Switch title Rear Sekai on October 12, but it’s had a rocky start, with the story and gameplay receiving negative criticism. The game’s $650,000~ range development budget also seems to be adding fuel to the fire.

These guys are notorious for making VERY low budget games, under 1 million dollars low in fact.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's Jwong bro. Him posting that makes me more worried if anything lol

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
He mentioned Marvel, DBFZ, and Skullgirls

As a fan of versus games these are all the things I want to hear

Ryno

Oct 25, 2017
Bro said every anime fighting game he could think of. Surprised he didn't slip in Power Rangers

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
That Kurapika assist might as well be a projectile from all the space it covers lol

Game is certainly looking degenerate, as expected of Eighting

Oct 25, 2017
Looks budget as hell, but I'm a HUGEEEE HxH fan so I'll get this for sure if it comes to PC and it has rollback netcode.

I really hope that I don't have to worry about.... those two things.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
16 characters is fine. Skullgirls had 8 and it was still a banger. Plus they'll add more with DLC and it'll be non-issue. Game looks cool so far though.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
I need that super jump. I need that high vertical ceiling dog. It just ain't the same if you don't take to the sky