• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Congrats to Togashi-san. 34 volumes and still running

Vol 1.
220px-Hunter_x_Hunter_cover_-_vol1.jpg

Vol 34

51yjG9hLQvL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

xp509iavboufc8nrchlv.png

To many more!

Kitad

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
One of my favorite pieces of fiction ever made. The inventiveness and originality of even minor characters that appear for 2 episodes blows everyhing else out of the water.

I love how every arc feels different and how, despite being prodigies, the main characters rarely complete an arc by out-muscling the enemy.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Greed Island is one of my favourite shonen arcs ever. Love it to bits, especially the volleyball challenge (and the animated version of it in the 1999 series makes it even better).

Shame what happened later with his health or motivation (was it ever officially stated which? I forget), where it descended into scribbles and hiatuses.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, 20 years old. Hunter x Hunter is my favorite manga series of all time. I hope I'll be able to read it for many years to come.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Greed Island is one of my favourite shonen arcs ever. Love it to bits, especially the volleyball challenge (and the animated version of it in the 1999 series makes it even better).

Shame what happened later with his health or motivation (was it ever officially stated which? I forget), where it descended into scribbles and hiatuses.
He always mentions his poor health.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching with where the dub is now.

I still like Yu Yu Hakusho more, but it's totally fair something of this quality continues to get published even under the author's, uh..."conditions."

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Almost legal to drink beers.

In USA.

Fun-fact: the manga is being publishing in Mexico. It's already in the second volume.

OP
OP
Joule

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I just saw this on reddit. The original magazine cover from 20 years ago I believe

x98gt8hg7dj01.jpg

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you know WHY the manga is still running... Hiatus galore.

That and that is one of the best mangas ever!

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Best television show I ever witnessed. I can't wait for the new animated season.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I remember picking up the first volume during a school trip to Italy. Good times.
The early volumes were so much fun. It's only up to 34 now? Maybe I should catch up.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Several years ago, HxH crossed the threshold of spending more weeks on hiatus than on a release schedule.

I guess Togashi got "fuck you" levels of money to behave like this.

HxH and Berserk are my favorite Mangas I never remember to read until I realize they may have come back from hiatus.

The best shounen ever just because of the chimera ant arc.

Truth. I know it's a meme to bring it up all the time but MAN IS IT GOOD.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved

Hopefully he is able to finish. His recent schedule of hiatuses hasn't been too bad, I just hope his health doesn't cause him to sacrifice the story he has in his head.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, I remember buying the first volume just after finishing the last Yu-Yu Hakusho because I was so bummed it ended. I finished it on the way home. I can't wait until the next volume!