MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just did Legend Mode! (Apart from all difficulties and Hard/Hero Skulltulas)

Now ready to take my time to chew on Adventure Mode.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Gamesbrained delivering justice on literally one of the best characters in the game and my absolute favourite.
If you don't know how to use him: oh my god learn

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Any link to a good guide to follow? I want to collect OP weapons for sheik as quickly as possible.
I have heard that you can get Sheik's level 4+ weapon earlier than any others (and potentially earlier than her level 3 weapon) on the... Koholint map? I think
I have no idea how difficult that would be but apparently it is possible to get it rather early.

Getting it would likely break the balance of the game quite hard though because Sheik is a monster anyway

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question. Say an Adventure Mode map rewards Fi if you get an A-Rank, and I have the option of bringing in a second character. Do I have to select Fi first or can I pick someone else first and put her as a secondary?

EDIT: Just realized it's a limited mission. ... Time to grind! Or at least move on to a different map

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
I have heard that you can get Sheik's level 4+ weapon earlier than any others (and potentially earlier than her level 3 weapon) on the... Koholint map? I think
I have no idea how difficult that would be but apparently it is possible to get it rather early.

Getting it would likely break the balance of the game quite hard though because Sheik is a monster anyway

How do I get sheiks 2 weapon? Thanks!

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
Weird question. Say an Adventure Mode map rewards Fi if you get an A-Rank, and I have the option of bringing in a second character. Do I have to select Fi first or can I pick someone else first and put her as a secondary?

EDIT: Just realized it's a limited mission. ... Time to grind! Or at least move on to a different map

You can get the A-rank reward as long as you select the character in your party, doesn't matter the order. Yeah it makes the game way easier compared to Wii U.
Some levels are still locked, sometimes locked between two characters.
Twilight Princess map is still difficult to navigate because of this.

Also

Oct 25, 2017
You can get the A-rank reward as long as you select the character in your party, doesn't matter the order. Yeah it makes the game way easier compared to Wii U.

Also

Oh wow, that's way more useful. Thank you.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Okay, quick question since I just found out there is a Block Button...does anyone use it?

I got through Legend on Normsl without knowing about it!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, quick question since I just found out there is a Block Button...does anyone use it?

I got through Legend on Normsl without knowing about it!

It's pretty useful for fighting giant bosses. I also recall Zant being incredibly obnoxious to fight without it since his weak point wouldn't appear unless he got dizzy, which you could only make him do by blocking his attacks. I fought him once in this version though and it seemed like his weak point appeared any time he stopped attacking regardless of whether he was dizzy or not, so I guess they changed it.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Also

I've noticed that once I beat a level the first time, the requirements of character usually disappear.

Does it happen only when you get A-Rank or any other time?

Because that can make some levels even easier to A-Rank if you can pick any character the 2nd time.

EDIT: Testing...you gotta get A-Rank to select characters.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems Wizzro's tool (which the game doesn't tell you) is the orbs he fires off turns to flames, which will ignite if hit by orbs.

His C2 shoots out a slow moving arc of orbs, which you can target at a foe---move around to the other side and fire orbs with his normal attack, and you get a pretty powerful attack. I assume there's more sophisticated combos here, but that's what I got. His Strong Attack, though, doesn't really seem to play into that so he's kind of odd since a lot of other characters seem to have Strong Attacks that combo nicely into their gimmick.

Also Cia's C3 where she summons the row of Dark Links seems to do great against Bosses. I recently completed the Legends Mode of hers and she and Wizzro impressed me.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, some of these Adventure mode maps, even on the easiest one, don't let up.

Link is in danger!
Link is in peril! Help immediately!
Link has fled, you lose!.

Literally in the span of 10 seconds.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018

Gamesbrained delivering justice on literally one of the best characters in the game and my absolute favourite.
If you don't know how to use him: oh my god learn

Definitely one of my favourites! Still building him up but it's already great playing with him. I like how flashy his moveset in general is and that it fits in so nicely with his personality.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
do you get anything for finishing the WW story or I can just ignore it after getting the hammer

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The story unlocks tetra and the king. Adventure map squares for them are just checked off afterwards.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Don't forget to take note of when the game is going to crash, guys!

My maps have been flickering, as well as characters looking like their movement is off too, since I woke up and I will restart after this level.

Oct 28, 2017
Dumb question, but what's stopping me from being able to get to this square of the map?
G2MwCNw.jpg

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Do items not become available in easy mode? What's the differences between easy mode, normal mode, and hard mode?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Do items not become available in easy mode? What's the differences between easy mode, normal mode, and hard mode?
Not really any difference other than it being easier.
I can't remember 100% but I think after you complete legends mode some Skulltulas are added to story mode that you can only get by playing on hard mode or above

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
70% done with the first adventure map, doing as much as I can before moving on. Unlocked a few chars from later though.

It's annoying that you are basically forced to replay some maps at least twice though.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot Adventure Mode doesn't keep you informed about how much damage you can take/how fast you need to beat a map to get an A rank. This was perfect in FE Warriors so I'm going to miss it here.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot Adventure Mode doesn't keep you informed about how much damage you can take/how fast you need to beat a map to get an A rank. This was perfect in FE Warriors so I'm going to miss it here.

One of my minor peeves as well. Its like they tried to shoehorn so much of FEW great qualities in at the last minute. Forgot some, and didn't finish others. Its a great game, absolutely. And i do love it. But Mechanically/technically FEW is superior IMO.

Ain't Nobody

Oct 30, 2017
Probably a dumb question but do you have to win a level to get credit for a skulltula? Like, you can't find it and then back out of the level and keep it, right? These stages are loooooong.....

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Wow how long is legend mode? Finished that windeaker level and another new mission popped up. Been bouncing between adventure and legend mode.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
The second to last stage has Tetra's level 2 weapon and the last stage has the kings level 2 weapon. Also you need to get every skulltula in legend mode to unlock the rewards stages which give out costumes.
Oh shoot I thought costumes were all in adventure mode. I've missed the lots of skullulas :(

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shoot I thought costumes were all in adventure mode. I've missed the lots of skullulas :(
The skulltulas unlock a special adventure mode map. Each time you complete a picture you unlock a new square on it. It has the Dark Link skin for Link as well as recolors for various characters based on the bosses (such as an Argorok recolor for Zelda).