Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
Forgive my ignorance....but what does C6/C1/C2/etc. mean? I understand the roll cancel to stop long animations, etc but I just don't understand the C-terminology.

EDIT: Answered!

Last edited:

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
Forgive my ignorance....but what does C6/C1/C2/etc. mean? I understand the roll cancel to stop long animations, etc but I just don't understand the C-terminology.

Combo 2-3-4...

So C3 is AAY (basic twice, strong).
C4 is AAAY (basic thrice, strong)
C1 is just strong.
C5 would be AAAAY, and so on.

Taking an easy example, Agitha's giant beetle summon is C3 (AAY)

Unless Im using it wrong and misleading you!

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, 60 hours in and I'm close to finishing the first adventure map, along with bits and pieces of the other maps...I'm starting to burn out. I may just wrap up this first map and shelf this game until I feel refreshed.

C1 is your basic strong attack, X. C2 is YX, C3 is YYX, C4 is YYYX, so on so forth. It's just a short hand way of naming combos since they all follow the same outline.

Edit: whoops little too late

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Combo 2-3-4...

So C3 is AAY (basic twice, strong).
C4 is AAAY (basic thrice, strong)
C1 is just strong.
C5 would be AAAAY, and so on.

Taking an easy example, Agitha's giant beetle summon is C3 (AAY)

Unless Im using it wrong and misleading you!
I actually was confused on this until recently my self cause I always thought C1 meant YX(I play warriors controls)

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Man, 60 hours in and I'm close to finishing the first adventure map, along with bits and pieces of the other maps...I'm starting to burn out. I may just wrap up this first map and shelf this game until I feel refreshed.

it feels weird to have so much content ahead of me, cuz i only played the wiiu version until the end of the storyline and never really touched anything else so i have like hundreds of hours of just new stuff with tons of characters i havent played, i worry i will burn out but i think i have a good rhythm right now

i was thinking about it and it's almost like playing an mmorpg and doing dungeons over and over.

anyway i dunno my time but im only halfway done with adventure 1

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
It should be in the Legend mode stage he joins in, or the final one. I think it was the SE Room keep in the Temple of Souls?

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i didn't like adventure mode on the wii u and I don't like it now. Legend mode I dig but most characters don't unlock via legend mode =(

Just did the first wind waker story in legend mode. Love that it takes place after the Wii U game!!!

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I am assuming each square with an mushroom/milk/ icon has a unique food drop from the jars? If so how do you keep track of which you have unlocked? Because I may be going crazy but I swear they are resetting

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am assuming each square with an mushroom/milk/ icon has a unique food drop from the jars? If so how do you keep track of which you have unlocked? Because I may be going crazy but I swear they are resetting
They do reset and that's really annoying. Gotta whip out a notepad or just try to remember

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so if you get a 4+ before the previous ones they'll drop normally even though you didn't do the mission yet?

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
alright agitha isn't THAT bad after getting a bit more power behind my C3 spam, it's effective but still is this really what i wanna be doing with my life

...not USUALLY

hey i don't know if i understand these secondary skulltullas on some maps. like one said defeat 150 enemies with special attacks and do the first mission without losing 40% of my hp. i am like 99% sure i did that but didn't get the second skulltulla, i must be missing something

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
Just as an FYI, but Lorule is the best place to grind out weapon drops and weapon kills. There's a map very early on that's great for kill farming called "Defeat the warriors of Majora's Mask!". Just don't kill any of the Summoners and you can kill to your heart's content.

The later areas of the map are great for high rank weapons since you get double the weapon drops. The only issue is getting to those areas since you have to take a really convoluted route.

Oct 28, 2017
hey i don't know if i understand these secondary skulltullas on some maps. like one said defeat 150 enemies with special attacks and do the first mission without losing 40% of my hp. i am like 99% sure i did that but didn't get the second skulltulla, i must be missing something
Did you do the first skultulla at the same time? I think there can only be one skulltula spawn per mission because we never got the second one in one go and we often fullfilled the requirements, too.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Man, is there something I'm missing with the "capture all the keeps" missions? They're turning out to be super time-consuming and frustrating for me every time as I'll head across the map to capture another keep and one of the first ones I captured will be taken. I've been killing outpost captains too to try to stem that but it doesn't seem to work that well.

Also, which map has the first food item? I missed it somewhere and have never had food spawn since.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
My god, the mission to get Volga's level 2 weapon is insane. The first mission on Great Sea that I didn't get an A on damage taken, lol.
That was the last one on that map I unlocked, beside Young Link's (which is equally insane).

I do like how the game gradually shifts you from the linear "control all keeps, defeat enemy leader" mentality you start out with, to "deal with all this shit, maybe take a couple of key keeps along the way". I think that Volga mission in particular is where it started to sink in for me.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I did King Daphne's level 4 weapon mission (which I had to retry a couple times) and right before I got to the results/loot screen the game crashed, and nothing was saved.

So I had to do it again. That was annoying as hell.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
any tips on starting adventure mode for the first time?

it seems quite overbearing at first not sure I really get it?

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
any tips on starting adventure mode for the first time?

it seems quite overbearing at first not sure I really get it?

It's fairly simple.

Each square is a battle. The conditions change. Sometimes it's a fairly standard battle, sometimes it's a much simpler objective, such as killing a set amount of enemies or killing giant bosses.
The cards you get allow you to unlock some maps or new rewards. The compass lets you see where a card can be used.

Aside from that, not much to it! Follow whatever path you want. You're supposed to find the bad boss somewhere in the map, but I personally prefer to focus on unlocking stuff =p

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fairly simple.

Each square is a battle. The conditions change. Sometimes it's a fairly standard battle, sometimes it's a much simpler objective, such as killing a set amount of enemies or killing giant bosses.
The cards you get allow you to unlock some maps or new rewards. The compass lets you see where a card can be used.

Aside from that, not much to it! Follow whatever path you want. You're supposed to find the bad boss somewhere in the map, but I personally prefer to focus on unlocking stuff =p

ok thanks :D

excited now!

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That was the last one on that map I unlocked, beside Young Link's (which is equally insane).

I do like how the game gradually shifts you from the linear "control all keeps, defeat enemy leader" mentality you start out with, to "deal with all this shit, maybe take a couple of key keeps along the way". I think that Volga mission in particular is where it started to sink in for me.

Yeah, for me it's just like:

- Deal with all the trouble being caused.
- Attempt to get some Chests along the way.
- Check how much time you got left and remember if there is a Boss at the end or not.
- Sweep up to 1,450-1,500 kills.
- Finish Level.

The Volga one he was level 45 and I missed it by 15 seconds! Stupid Imprisoned!

2nd time though I had all the chests and things though and knew where all the betrayals were going to go down so planned my route in advance.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Is the Lorule map as hard as the game claims? Because I'm tryna get Ravio's weapons so I can use him more but he's also only around mid-30s in level.
If you follow the C-Rank paths it seems to be pretty easy to unlock characters and weapons. It's only going off of that where they seem to require you have level 4 weapons.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
My game actually did the Imprisoned Glitch on the Volga level 2 weapon mission (if that's the one I'm thinking of) so I had to redo the entire thing from scratch 3 times. The second time was because I thought doing "restart battle" would be enough.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I don't think Agitha's problem is her strength, I just don't think she's any fun to play as.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I've only done a few legend mode maps so far but I'm having a lot of fun with this.
Impa is my favorite to use along with Sheik
I like to clear all the maps before I'm done. So taking all keeps and outposts before beating the boss

PerilousInJ

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn man Impa's lvl 3 weapon unlock mission is really stupid hard. I don't have a lot of good weapons for her and they overload you immediately. "A section of cias forces have turned, defeat the turncoat leaders, manhandla stalks have begun a seed attack, allied keep is under attack, more of cias forces have turned". Holy shit give me a second of breathing room dude.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn man Impa's lvl 3 weapon unlock mission is really stupid hard. I don't have a lot of good weapons for her and they overload you immediately. "A section of cias forces have turned, defeat the turncoat leaders, manhandla stalks have begun a seed attack, allied keep is under attack, more of cias forces have turned". Holy shit give me a second of breathing room dude.
Welcome to hyrule warriors adventure mode. Hours and hours of stress relieving stress awaits you beyond. It really does become about min/maxing every little thing after a certain point

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Yepp, just think, this mode has been scaled back hard from the Wii U version. This stuff happened even in the original adventure mode map on Wii U. Now you don't get a taste of it until much later.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that mission is a pain in the ass because there's so much going wrong at the same time. It's actually advised to restart the battle if any of the Manhandla Stalks spawn in the Bridge Keep because it's so far away.

The mission is really a test of how well you can do with Impa's slower moveset. C3 is the way to go for pretty much every officer, and C4 for crowds. A good fairy ability (Bombos for killing high def officers, Shine for keeping allies alive) helps a ton.

PerilousInJ

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to hyrule warriors adventure mode. Hours and hours of stress relieving stress awaits you beyond. It really does become about min/maxing every little thing after a certain point

I haven't had trouble with anything up to this point but that's because I've been leaning heavily on abusing young link at all times. I haven't invested much time into Impa but now I'm forced to use her. I have her level 2 weapon though so I feel like its just a hard mission.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had trouble with anything up to this point but that's because I've been leaning heavily on abusing young link at all times. I haven't invested much time into Impa but now I'm forced to use her. I have her level 2 weapon though so I feel like its just a hard mission.
You could always just do the player 2 trick to keep using young link since it sounds like he was your main investment. Overall though I feel it's a good idea to master most of the roster and keep them in rotation except those you really dont enjoy playing

PerilousInJ

Oct 25, 2017
You could always just do the player 2 trick to keep using young link since it sounds like he was your main investment

I haven't invested much into the fairy system so I might go back and do that. Was trying to basically brute force my way through the master quest map to H-2 and I should go back to the prior maps and try to unlock some stuff for Impa and the fairy system.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't invested much into the fairy system so I might go back and do that. Was trying to basically brute force my way through the master quest map to H-2 and I should go back to the prior maps and try to unlock some stuff for Impa and the fairy system.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPybFxdeB_1ZQxw9Ukgarc8P0E_L3wYzSkyJuinmcMw/edit#gid=0
Shove them full of fire so it's effect is doubled to progress easier. Worry about min maxing the abilities later

On the contrary make a secondary light effect one for mission where you need to protect allies and they die fast

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's your fave person to play as in HW?

Personally I like maining as Link and also Impa is quite cool

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
Difficult choice.

Link's Gauntlet is awesome. Coolest special in the game? Check.
Impa's animations are top notch.
Twili Midna cuts through enemies like butter.
Linkle movesets are quite fun as well.

All in all.... I can't choose =( variety is one of the reasons I like the game so much, though.