• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Wait till Americans hear about roadman in 50 years time. They'll be bare shook.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Morning cunts, what the fuck is this then?

Very poor form posting this at 3AM, it's not cricket!

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Given their inability to spell correctly due to an irrational phobia of the letter U and use of the phrase "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less", Americans have a bloody nerve to knock how British people talk.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Given their inability to spell correctly due to an irrational phobia of the letter U and use of the phrase "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less", Americans have a bloody nerve to knock how British people talk.

Also spelling Lara Croft as LAURA Croft (And even saying it that way!). We even get it in this forum and for the life of me I cannot figure out why.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Also spelling Lara Croft as LAURA Croft (And even saying it that way!). We even get it in this forum and for the life of me I cannot figure out why.
Don't get me started on this one. For years I thought Americans ate snacks called "Gram Crackers", but it turns out they just can't pronounce "Graham" properly.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Don't get me started on this one. For years I thought Americans ate snacks called "Gram Crackers", but it turns out they just can't pronounce "Graham" properly.
Also trying to convince the world that white slop that looks like bird crap is a form of Gravy.

Gravy is brown!

Not this milky vomit shite,
100988-4641-mx.jpg

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
yes, there's one accent in the UK. just one.

fanny.

Indeed. I am constantly saying BOLLLOWUWA. It was up and down the entire UK when I was growing up there. Couldnt go into a chip shop in Belfast without hearing BOLLOWUWA all over the fucking joint.

Funny enough, for the ones who speak like that, there IS only one accent in the whole entire United Kingdom. London first, innnnnnnit.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Im just happy no one in the rest of the world knows what a norn iron accent sounds like. Englerland just takes all the guff for us.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Some of my favourite phrases are South Derbyshire regional dialect:
Splash - tinned tomatoes on a bacon/sausage sandwich
"I go to the foot of our stairs!" - a point of exclamation
"Up them wooden hills to Bedfordshire" - go to bed

"Ay up" is a go to greeting too

And I spent most of my teen years listening to Mark and Lard so no end of Northern phrases made it into my vocab!

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
as a brit i am thankful for the abiltiy to laugh at myself

otherwise i would just cry

Last edited: