• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Naturally keep seeing your therapist Hawkster and discuss this with them. I would also look to strip back what you enjoy in Destiny. Go back to the basics and just enjoy the gunplay without needing to be top-tier. Play some Menagerie, play some strikes and just get back into focusing on having fun playing it than worrying about the systems, god rolls and getting the 1% of loot.

I'm just out here grinding out the Prometheus Lens cat as we speak so have a crude smiley face from Shuro Chi:

c2a55ab7-1414-4484-8zqjep.jpeg

Keep going buddy. Guessing there's something recent that's been hard to work through and the recent news with Destiny has compounded it. It will work out and you'll feel better about the things you enjoy. Perfectly fine to be exasperated and the moe you work out the elements behind it with your therapist the more light you'll find in things. Rooting for you dude.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Don't make a game your one happy place. Be glad that the game went to crap so you can reflect on this. Live your life now and find a happy place in the real world.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another reaction thread because of the directors cut thread?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's pretty simple. Destiny was my happy place. My special safe space where I can play happily with no care for the world and just relax.

And with Bungie killing the game slowly, it's making me depressed to the point I dont want to get out of bed.

People talk about how easy it is to move on. But believe me, it's not that easy.
Don't worry. It will probably be okay once we get over the disappointment. Maybe it will even feel good. Hard to say, but there's only on way to find out.

o7

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
If you're depressed, maybe consider going on an anti-depressant. It's helped me.

Don't rely on a game to be your happy place, especially a bad one that's designed to be an infinite treadmill parasite.

jakershaker

Oct 28, 2017
Just play the game,don't read about it online. Especially not on resetera where the last news got more hate than on the subreddit. And perhaps try to slowly play a little less...

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty simple. Destiny was my happy place. My special safe space where I can play happily with no care for the world and just relax.

And with Bungie killing the game slowly, it's making me depressed to the point I dont want to get out of bed.

People talk about how easy it is to move on. But believe me, it's not that easy.

Man, you guys need to get outside more.

Y'all too miserable

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I've logged thousands of hours in Destiny as a whole and haven't played for the past 3-4 months. It's pretty easy for me to put a game down when it becomes an utter shit show like Destiny 2 has lately.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, maybe I was being hyperbolic a bit.

But in all honesty, the current state of Destiny makes me very upset. And it breaks my heart a lot to see Bungie to waste the greatest potential they have in their hands.
Honestly theyve been wasting that potential from pretty much the moment Destiny 1 was revealed. Sometimes it's just best to walk away and not pine over things that could have been.