• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I go through the drive thru, I have one. Simple. Ask.

"no cheese on that burger, PLEASE."

Emphasis on please.

"Yea sure."

They say.

I drive up to the window. All of the wonderful smells of fries and burgers with bacon coming through the window as I hand over my card for payment. They quickly handover my drink first. A sweet tea... if you must know. They are charging my card. My heart rate is rising. My anxiety is through the roof. They hand over my card and say, "just a moment" while handing me back my card, now accompanied by a short receipt with a survey on it. I get even more nervous.

No... I'm not worried about my payment. You see... I am ordering a very special burger. My burger is being asked for without cheese. This is huge. And there is a 90% chance they will fuck it up.

Anyways, they hand me my bag. I trust them this time. I look in the bag as I'm pulling away and the next foodie drives up behind me to receive their delicious, artery clogging meal. My heart sinks. I can already smell it.

There's cheese.

tom-y-jerry-tom-and-jerry.gif

I start to break down. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I don't know what I expected I guess. Maybe I shouldn't have to tear apart my bag of food and check if there is that disgusting yellow piece of plastic attached into my burger's patty? Maybe I should just be able to go home and open my bag an don't be surprised? Maybe I just want to be like normal people? Maybe I don't want to get home and have to use a butter knife to scrape that nasty mess off my burger? I deserve a hot meal like everyone else. I shouldn't have to get surgical with this shit.

I'm so done. I'm so fucking done. I'm fucking crying. I now start to think about other things that depress me and how much of a failure I am.

I am hurting.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
My daughter gets her burgers with no cheese and the error rate is not close to 90% 🙄

Its like 10% for pizza and maybe 1% for burgers, charitably. come on now

OP
OP
Vex

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you'd have more success if you ordered through apps?
I think the problem is that even though it is rang up right, they still precook a lot of this stuff and just assume everyone can tolerate that disgusting garbage. It being online or not doesn't matter.

They just assume cheese is a fairly inoffensive thing and just drop it on there anyway. Almost like muscle memory. But IT IS a problem. A very BIG PROBLEM.

This is huge.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
stop ordering the cheeseburger with no cheese then

and always check special orders at the window.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Sometimes I would order with just cheese and they give me everything BUT cheese as a personal insult.

Oct 28, 2017
Aye, in my case I hate lettuce, tomato, onions(specially if they strong as fuck like the purple kind)

Since I know they'll most likely fuck up my order if I give too many instructions I just say no tomato since that shit is the wettest of the 3 and the one that messes up the burger

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You disgust me on the most basic human level.

Some places don't really give a damn about following your order. Like if Popeyes gets my order right I consider it a bonus. Conjoined KFC-Taco Bells used to be really weird about cheese in particular, like I swear I've had them tell me that they don't allow you to add cheese to a burger but then they did it anyway. Not sure if they're still like that now.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I once asked for 2 cheeseburgers at McD's with extra onions, like the little chopped up steamed onions they put in their regular 70 cent hamburgers? not only did they not know what I was talking about, they put half a raw onion and a bunch of pickles in them.

now THAT is a travesty.

OP
OP
Vex

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
stop ordering the cheeseburger with no cheese then

and always check special orders at the window.
But it's not special. In fact, it's LESS special than normal burger.

.....I mean, yea... It's special to me. But it's gotta be easier than putting cheese on? You just gotta.... NOT do that?

This is huge to me.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i always check my order before leaving cause there's often mistakes, be it them leaving cheese in it or doing a normal big mac instead of a double big mac

Thankfully there's a way better local burger restaurent in my town,, it's more expensive though

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I love cheeseburgers.

But cheese itself and the process of making it is kind of disgusting when you think about it.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
But it's not special. In fact, it's LESS special than normal burger.

.....I mean, yea... It's special to me. But it's gotta be easier than putting cheese on? You just gotta.... NOT do that?

This is huge to me.
next time order a normal burger. say it like "NORRMALLLL burger. I Want a Normal burger, PLEASE."

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I feel ya OP. I've had multitudes of regular hamburger orders ending up with cheese. I'd go out without eating and just giving it to someone else.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm not sure if this is a serious thing you feel strongly about and I was being genuinely mean by being flippant, so just for serious, I want to say that getting your order wrong does suck. I'm a slightly less picky eater than I used to be, I suppose, but I'm still the jerk who makes very specific orders. I try not to be a jerk about it but I'm not trying to cause a problem, I just don't want to start gagging when I eat my burger.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
how the fuck do you not know about the little onions? you're mcdonalds! you've been making the damn things for 100 fucking years now

but vex, don't be unreasonable. the aged, curdled produce of a cow's filthy udders can be very appetizing in the right light.

and you can always go to Wendys and order a Dave's Special, that comes with no cheese.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
how the fuck do you not know about the little onions? you're mcdonalds! you've been making the damn things for 100 fucking years now

but vex, don't be unreasonable. the aged, curdled produce of a cow's filthy udders can be very appetizing in the right light.

and you can always go to Wendys and order a Dave's Special, that comes with no cheese.
Actually, I think Wendy's has cheese by default now.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
This is almost always an error with the person taking the order.

When I go to KFC I always order my zinger burger plain. It used to come with mayo & lettuce about 40% of the time, but ever since they got the self service touchscreens for orders, I get the right order 99% of the time now

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I feel ya OP. I've had multitudes of regular hamburger orders ending up with cheese. I'd go out without eating and just giving it to someone else.
My bro in law has lived with me for 5 years and we have an inside joke now when I come home with fast food and he asks if I have a cheeseburger waiting for him. That's how many times I've gotten the wrong order and just given him my cheeseburger.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time I'd order with cheese, but sometime when Ik the restaurant has cheese that tastes like plastic I either go there in the morning when there's no one so they get it right or I just order something different.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
My bro in law has lived with me for 5 years and we have an inside joke now when I come home with fast food and he asks if I have a cheeseburger waiting for him. That's how many times I've gotten the wrong order and just given him my cheeseburger.
Had one time where my brother got 3 free cheeseburgers from Wendy's because they screwed it up 3 times. They said we can just keep them. I only wanted one Jr. hamburger.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Standing in solidarity with you OP.

I order burgers with no cheese so yes I check, otherwise I'd have to chuck my burger half the time cuz the burger is slathered with cheese.

Meh, as a "no cheese" orderer at fast food places, I get my order wrong enough times to where sometimes I just won't order what I actually want if I know I have to request a change.

Ordering a hamburger will produce a cheeseburger about 40% of the time.

Even if you order hamburgers, there is a good chance it will still come with cheese.

- Someone that has been ordering hamburgers all my life.

As someone that doesn't like cheese , ordering hamburgers is the bane of my existence, going back to when I was like 4 years old.

My problem ain't really that they ask if I want cheese. It's that I tell them no cheese, and get the burger and probably 40% of the time it has cheese on it.

Which leads to me ordering burgers by saying "I'd like a hamburger with no cheese" or "McDouble with no cheese" or whatever. Half of the time I get no pushback, but the other half I'll get someone responding to that by saying "hamburgers don't come with cheese," like I'm a dumbass.

The most annoying of these exchanges go something like...

"Yes can I get a double hamburger, no cheese."

"Well a double hamburger doesn't come with cheese, sir."

"Yes I know but if I don't specify the no cheese part, people still put it on there."

"So you just want a plain double hamburger?"

"......yes, a double burger, no cheese."

And then I get the double burger and find out it's missing the onions, lettuce, ketchup, and mustard.

TrollWhisperer

rectum with utmost that's Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 13, 2022
Honestly, they're doing you a favor. A person who hates cheese is not entitled to being catered to.

But seriously, maybe tell them you're allergic and you might die, maybe that will remind them not to put it.

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
First unless you are lactose intolerant, you are wrong

And lol. I have to fight to not get raw ass onions on my burger. Love me onions but raw just permeates the entire thing even when removed. Don't get me started either on ordering a burger with no sauces

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
You're fighting the good fight, OP. Been trying to solve this problem my entire life. The best I've come up with is unfortunately to just check the burger at the window as soon as I receive it.

A hamburger and a cheeseburger are different things. Just because your "normal" burger has cheese doesn't make it a "hamburger", and stop forcing your weird point of view on others. Thank you.

Being dramatic but fr tho

Aug 1, 2018
I feel ya OP.

Whenever I order a gyro, I ask for no nasty, thick, chunky ass onions and almost seemingly out of spite, my request is almost never obliged.

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
When my order can be fucked up like that, life is so much easier for me to just go inside and order to go.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
See, this is why I always say "plain" twice when I'm going through the drive-thru. I don't move my car until I see the word "PLAIN" in all-caps underneath my Bacon King on the order screen.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Sometimes I forget to add cheese to my kids happy meal order thru the app, which means that if you order thru the app for a hamburger I'd assume they wouldn't add cheese to it.