• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
This is true. A while ago Rare stated that 93% of players leave crossplay on in Sea of Thieves. Not sure how these numbers are across other games, though.
Is crossplay presented to users or is it within settings? It would have been better to have a control group that needed to turn it on to compare those numbers.

This is similar to people becoming organ donors, when the default is yes many people won't choose to change it.

OP
OP
TheRulingRing

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
More cross play op. The more cross play the better for us all. For the sake of keeping game servers alive, we need it.

CoD, Battlefield and Fortnite don't need crossplay to keep their game servers populated.

Maybe CoD does on PC, but not on console.

For smaller games I can see an argument for crossplay being the default.

A super weird take multiple pages into a thread full of people saying the opposite. Who are you kidding?

Let's be honest going by post history most of those people are PC players lol

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If I could get PC players out of my Warzone and Black Ops games I would.

I feel like half of them are using wall hacks when you watch the kill cams and they're tracking you far before you show up.
Blame Activision. Call of Duty cheaters have been a problem since the 360 days on both console and PC and to this day Activision still uses absolutely atrocious anti cheat.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Maaaaybe for shooters. But I play lots of fighting games on PC and I literally never see cheating, and MnK is a non-issue.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a console only player, I have a lot of friends on PC, this is a terrible opinon.

All games should be crossplay/cross progress by default

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Input based matchmaking makes sense and should probably be the default in popular shooters at least.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Let's be clear and avoid being purposely obtuse, we're talking about shooters where there is an obvious difference. OP is right and anyone who disagrees with him is wrong. Look outside this forum and you constantly see console players complaining about M&KB and PC players whining about aim assist.

Do it like Apex Legends. Console across console crossplay, PC by themselves but if they want to play together, they get put in PC lobbies. The devs clearly saw the discourse around other shooters and found the appropriate solution.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
As long as it's an option that I can turn off like in COD I don't mind.

F all those PC cheaters combined with M&K.

Jun 6, 2018
First of all the fact they're nerfing stability on PC weapons indicates their intention is to either force or default it on.

Then:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ot_mix_the_console_and_pc_pvp_player_pool_by/

I also specifically said forced crossplay. You can get the benefit of playing with friends without forced crossplay, in an opt-in system.

Yes this is perfect.

If BF6 uses this system then it would be a massive relief, otherwise I'm going to have to reconsider whether I get it.

PC players win most/the biggest Fortnite tournaments.

They can still play with their friends in an opt-in system. It's as painless as just joining your friend's lobby and boom, into the PC lobbies you go.

Yep. Like I said PC players shouldn't be allowed to comment on this. Of course they'd be for it - they're not the ones getting the negative impact.

The big games I mentioned don't have a problem with player population.

It's only on PC they might have an issue with player pop.

Even then you still have the issue of cheaters. Sure, for most games this might not be a problem, but in Destiny at least it is a regular problem.

Yep, absolutely. And I say this as someone who's been playing this game since D1 alpha.

Bungie hasn't been able to fix this for the entirety of D2, what are they chances they fix it now? Zero.

Oh come on, it's not like Sea of Thieves is a competitive game on the level of an FPS. I don't really care about the other genres, they can keep forced crossplay.

Additionally, and more importantly, how many people are going to know about this opt-out option buried within some menu?

Say crossplay was forced off by default and there was some option buried within the menu to turn it on, how many people do you think would bother to turn it on? 93% of people would leave it off as that's the default, but you wouldn't use that as an argument to say that people don't want crossplay.

in regards to the cheater aspect it just depends what game you are playing. On console you have devices like the XIM4 which let's console players use mouse and keyboard with aim assist on strict controller only games.

you Also have games like PUBG where they have a console only client but radar cheating/wall hacking is extremely easy to get up and running.

on a F2P game on PC cheating is always going to be an issue but if you encounter cheaters on a 60 dollar triple A title they're stupid because their ban is coming and they're going to have to buy a title again and start over.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I love cross play and want it in every multiplayer game. But, games need to have an opt out definitely. There are some games that you are just at a disadvantage playing on consoles. Games like Rogue company I play on both PC and consoles and there is definitely an advantage playing on PC in 120fps against console players playing in 60 FPS.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
He isn't saying crossplay with pc shouldn't be possible. He says it's shouldn't be forced.

I would like to know how many ppl who defending FORCED crossplay are pc only. Because normally pc ppl are all about choice.
Anyone who was around during the absolutely horrendous game breaking aim assist fiasco Fortnite went through for several months in Late 2019/Early 2020 shouldn't be defending forced crossplay because holy FUCK what a mess that was for both PC players and console players.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Console-PC Crossplay is the best thing to ever happen to gaming. I am literally able to play games with friends of mine that I have NEVER played a game with prior to the past year or two. It's been fucking amazing, and I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want it.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I'd like to see this debate with PC players removed from the discussion, it would be way more against forced crossplay.

lmao jfc dude.

What about people like me who are both? I purposely play Apex on xbox with my friends, using a controller. Always play with my friends. I do great. Aim assist matters. A lot.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I started up Modern Warfare the other day after getting a TV that supports 120 FPS, and I was surprised that 90% of people it matched me with were console players even though I was using kb/m. I'm guessing the player base on PC is running a little thin.

I'm pretty mediocre at CoD but having controls and framerate that responsive feels very unfair against people with controllers. I was slaying fools like it was nothing.

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020
you Also have games like PUBG where they have a console only client but radar cheating/wall hacking is extremely easy to get up and running.

The radar hack in PUBG on console isn't really the same as a wallhack though, and even then it's the only example of a console game where such a thing exists vs actual wallhacks in quite literally every popular multiplayer shooter on PC.

As for spoofing a mouse/kb with controller aim assist, this is even easier to do on PC, and there's aimbot + wallhack on top.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Dear OP.

Opt-In is fine. I did read that part of your post.

It is frustrating however being on the other end of the spectrum when I want to play a game with a friend on another platform and cross-play isn't even in consideration from the devs.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Console-PC Crossplay is the best thing to ever happen to gaming. I am literally able to play games with friends of mine that I have NEVER played a game with prior to the past year or two. It's been fucking amazing, and I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want it.
If another person makes this silly ass post when NOBODY is saying that console PC/crossplay should be eliminated, that it should be OPT IN FOR FPS COMPETITIVE GAMES, WHICH IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ARGUMENT, I'm going to explode.

NOBODY IS SAYING YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON DIFFERENT PLATFORMS IF YOU SO CHOOSE!

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
If another person makes this silly ass post when NOBODY is saying that console PC/crossplay should be eliminated, that it should be OPT IN FOR FPS COMPETITIVE GAMES, WHICH IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ARGUMENT, I'm going to explode.

NOBODY IS SAYING YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON DIFFERENT PLATFORMS IF YOU SO CHOOSE!
Amen, it's like people are being willingly obtuse on this one. No ones saying it should be gone completely, but we get keep getting anecdotes about playing with buddies as if that's got anything to do with the main point folks are making.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Agree with you OP, opt-in is fine. People who want it can get in, instead of people who don't even know it exists getting shovelled in.

It is a running theme in these kinds of threads.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The only acceptable solution is how Fortnite initially did it - opt-in. If you party up with PC players then you go into PC lobbies. That's fine and entirely optionally allows you to play with friends on PC.

This is sensible, but publishers want to prioritize constantly flowing matching and games t keeping people playing and paying. I almost feel like developers should treat it like strikes where they have alternating days of console players opting-in and days of free for all no holds barred play.

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
Going by post history degauss isn't the appointed representative of all console gamers either
Well as a console user he has my vote.
I agree with OP, why push something onto a user that will not benefit them but the crowd next door that is experiencing decimated servers.
This should be opt-out by default with an option to opt-in and a clear guideline/tutoria in any MP first launch. We can make our own decision and playing against others who have distinct advantages is no fair play and no fun.
If you can't understand that...

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Well as a console user he has my vote.
I agree with OP, why push something onto a user that will not benefit them but the crowd next door that is experiencing decimated servers.
This should be opt-out by default with an option to opt-in and a clear guideline/tutoria in any MP first launch. We can make our own decision and playing against others who have distinct advantages is no fair play and no fun.
If you can't understand that...

I just don't get why you wouldn't make the option to opt-out with it being explained then. You would then by default be connecting to the full userbase and you filter down to what you want. No reason to fragment the userbase by default if you're going to explain it and make the UI clear enough to know that option is there. Those that have an issue can then opt-out.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Let's be clear and avoid being purposely obtuse, we're talking about shooters where there is an obvious difference. OP is right and anyone who disagrees with him is wrong. Look outside this forum and you constantly see console players complaining about M&KB and PC players whining about aim assist.
Then the OP's title should've been "I don't want forced/default PC crossplay in my shooter games devs.". Making it a blanket request for all games was inevitably going to get fans of less popular genres posting here pointing out how crossplay helps their favorite games' online populations.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. The devs should balance the game in some way, but crossplay is a must have. Also don't understand the complaints in Destiny2 when right now ps5/Series X play pvp at 120 fps and wide fov while ps4/xbone play at 30fps and narrow fov!!! The crossplay with pc people will not be worse than this.

Nov 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Extreme platform warring and multiple attempts at antagonizing other members
Absolutely agree with you 1000%, OP. You represent 99.99% of the console playerpool (who are not here, nor do they post anywhere online) when you say this.

The ONLY group of people who benefit from PC/Console crossplay are players on PC. They leech the console userbase and survive their otherwise soon-to-be-dead game from launch (like they usually do for "most" new AAA games and indies), thanks to the influx of console players.

Console playerbase gets ZERO advantage from PC. It's a one way street. If PC wants crossplay from consoles, the BARE MINIMUM requirement to even consider for crossplay (yet, still not allowed for genre like shooters) should be bringing in equal number of players as much as consoles, not leeching from them and pretending to be "increasing the player population" if all you're bringing in are 17 players on PC and 170,000 on console. 17 players is not "increasing the population", you're leeching them to stay alive on yours and pretending to present a lie in an argument, to be a significant part of contributing to help the playerbase grow, when being merely a hair strand.

Battlefield is a traditional PC franchise (one that sells multiple folds on consoles though) that can stand on it's own on PC for it's survival in MP, but generally (on average) the ratio is as such.

Games made by Valve/Blizzard + viral games which have evolved through mods and favorites of stream monsters (DayZ, PUBG, Fortnite etc.), F2P titles that have stellar support and titles which have a PC centric legacy (like Battlefield, SIMS, Football manager etc) will always have a sustainable playerbase/DAU/MAU count on PC. The rest of the existing and upcoming "PAID" titles suffer the same fate they have in the past - die within days, if not, weeks within launch, when they thrive on console. It's been happening for decades. It's nothing new.

This new practice of crossplay this past generation, has all these entitled PC brats, demanding consoles be open to crossplay with them and send death threats to console manufacturers if they don't. The console manufacturers are merely helping your platform, out of pity of your platform dying. They don't owe you shit. Their platform. THEIR RULES. You don't get to make demands to people to help you. You "ask", nicely. They deny, for ANY reason.

Your (PC player) voice is IRRELEVANT to console players or the manufacturer. In fact, PC crossplay brings in significant disadvantages (apart from the IRREFUTABLE HARDWARE ADVANTAGES that PC has over consoles, even the new consoles, that makes them laughable as platforms) and one of the main ones is aggressive aim assist/bullet magnetism. Take titles like CoD, from 2019's MW (and Warzone) and the skill ceiling of the already low console version (due to the limits of the turn speed of a controller analog stick and it's deadzones) of CoD's are even lowered by these techniques, all to please a handful of special snowflakes on PC who don't have players to play with, and so that these devs could attract those handful of PC players and monetize them.

ResetEra is a primarily a privileged, ELITIST PC Gaming forum, who happen to have consoles as their secondary platform or leftover boxes used for exclusives. If you voice your opinions here as a primarily console only player, you will be insulted with lies, your skill in videogames and disingenuous trash that you haven't said, implied or be flooded with social media shenanigans, like they usually do. Be prepared for death threats for starting this thread, as you should, from these "gAmErZ rIzE uP!!!" kind.

Crossplay SHOULD ALWAYS BE ONLY BETWEEN CONSOLES, period. PC crossplay with consoles, should not even exist, IN ANY GENRE, (particularly fighting games and shooters, going forward into this generation) if it does, it should ALWAYS BE OPT-IN. I cannot even imagine what would happen in the age of HFR fighting games where their game logic runs at 120FPS. Though I don't believe (or I'm not sure) that Samurai Shodown's recent update for the XSX and PC (EGS) runs it's logic at 120FPS, the trend for future FG's is inevitable. Majors will start having 120FPS as "tournament settings".

And like clockwork, the PC warriors flood the thread with disingenuous bad faith arguments in the lines of "oH nOeZ b-B-b-BuT wHaT bOuT mUh fReNz tHo!!!" to hide the real reason why they WANT crossplay - USUAL LOW SALES = USUAL LOW ACTIVE PLAYERBASE. All of a sudden console players are now "friends". How convenient. Ask your playerbase to BUY THE GAME in the millions like console players (not in the hundreds), instead of crossplay begging in a console thread, dear trolls.

By default, Console Crossplay should be forced, no arguments there from the OP and PC should not even be considered. Give them an inch, they take a mile. No need for ANY explanation. They don't own the console platform, nor do the developers/publishers.

Devs take console manufacturers for granted and do it because they have forums like ERA and 4CHAN on their side to push the PC crossplay propaganda, or they will cause another Fortnite situation where SONY's stocks dropped following media uproar on SONY blocking Cross-progression and Crossplay (CITATION NEEDED ON WHETHER THIS WAS THE DIRECT REASON FOR THE DROP), so they (devs/pubs) think they can continue this forced PC crossplay cancer, down the throats of console consumers without any backlash because most console players don't even use forums/message boards or most forms of social media, to pretend that they took their opinions in.

They (the devs) know for a fact that, if they leave crossplay on, the vast majority of the console players (IN ALL GAMES ACROSS ALL GENRE) won't turn it off or even go into the settings for starters. It's precisely the reason, all these PC trolls are wanting forced PC crossplay by default or "opt-out crossplay" while they throw their bad faith "iTz aN oPtIoN bRo!!!" arguments. Having console-only crossplay by default, and PC as "opt-in" is an "OPTION" too.

The developers want to use the console playerpool as guinea pigs to serve their ambitions (player engagement = monetization opportunities) on expanding the PC base, as they're guaranteed that their game won't die on PC if they crossplay with consoles. They will lie to your face like it's tuesday, on how all the versions are "equal".

SONY/MSFT/NTDO should force the 3RD party developers to crossplay ONLY BETWEEN CONSOLES, period. Don't ever consider PC. This is the ONLY solution. Console maker's priority SHOULD ALWAYS be on their own console playerbase, especially in 3RD party games. The console manufacturers get ZERO REVENUE from 3RD party titles sold on PC, and even if they do in some miraculous circumstance such as the Xbox Play Anywhere initiative, it's not the Xbox Console Player's problem. If the PC population dies, like they usually do, they die. It's THEIR problem. Not console's.

CONSOLE-ONLY CROSSPLAY is the ONLY future of crossplay, whether PC gamers like it or they don't. It's not their call. It's call of the rightful owner of the console who spent their hard earned money on their boxes and pays a yearly sub fee to play exclusively with other console players, or the console manufacturer, who gets 3RD party royalty from the pubs who publish their software on their platform, that get to make the final decision.

PC players are merely spectators in the issue of crossplay. Your opinions are INVALID for console hardware and console manufacturer's 3RD party royalty income, your spent $0 on. Check your feelings, take the L and jog on.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
COD hurt you that much huh

Absolutely agree with you 1000%, OP. You represent 99.99% of the console playerpool (who are not here, nor do they post anywhere online) when you say this.

The ONLY group of people who benefit from PC/Console crossplay are players on PC. They leech the console userbase and survive their otherwise soon-to-be-dead game from launch (like they usually do for "most" new AAA games and indies), thanks to the influx of console players.

Console playerbase gets ZERO advantage from PC. It's a one way street. If PC wants crossplay from consoles, the BARE MINIMUM requirement to even consider for crossplay (yet, still not allowed for genre like shooters) should be bringing in equal number of players as much as consoles, not leeching from them and pretending to be "increasing the player population" if all you're bringing in are 17 players on PC and 170,000 on console. 17 players is not "increasing the population", you're leeching them to stay alive on yours and pretending to present a lie in an argument, to be a significant part of contributing to help the playerbase grow, when being merely a hair strand.

Battlefield is a traditional PC franchise (one that sells multiple folds on consoles though) that can stand on it's own on PC for it's survival in MP, but generally (on average) the ratio is as such.

Games made by Valve/Blizzard + viral games which have evolved through mods and favorites of stream monsters (DayZ, PUBG, Fortnite etc.), F2P titles that have stellar support and titles which have a PC centric legacy (like Battlefield, SIMS, Football manager etc) will always have a sustainable playerbase/DAU/MAU count on PC. The rest of the existing and upcoming "PAID" titles suffer the same fate they have in the past - die within days, if not, weeks within launch, when they thrive on console. It's been happening for decades. It's nothing new.

This new practice of crossplay this past generation, has all these entitled PC brats, demanding consoles be open to crossplay with them and send death threats to console manufacturers if they don't. The console manufacturers are merely helping your platform, out of pity of your platform dying. They don't owe you shit. Their platform. THEIR RULES. You don't get to make demands to people to help you. You "ask", nicely. They deny, for ANY reason.

Your (PC player) voice is IRRELEVANT to console players or the manufacturer. In fact, PC crossplay brings in significant disadvantages (apart from the IRREFUTABLE HARDWARE ADVANTAGES that PC has over consoles, even the new consoles, that makes them laughable as platforms) and one of the main ones is aggressive aim assist/bullet magnetism. Take titles like CoD, from 2019's MW (and Warzone) and the skill ceiling of the already low console version (due to the limits of the turn speed of a controller analog stick and it's deadzones) of CoD's are even lowered by these techniques, all to please a handful of special snowflakes on PC who don't have players to play with, and so that these devs could attract those handful of PC players and monetize them.

ResetEra is a primarily a privileged, ELITIST PC Gaming forum, who happen to have consoles as their secondary platform or leftover boxes used for exclusives. If you voice your opinions here as a primarily console only player, you will be insulted with lies, your skill in videogames and disingenuous trash that you haven't said, implied or be flooded with social media shenanigans, like they usually do. Be prepared for death threats for starting this thread, as you should, from these "gAmErZ rIzE uP!!!" kind.

Crossplay SHOULD ALWAYS BE ONLY BETWEEN CONSOLES, period. PC crossplay with consoles, should not even exist, IN ANY GENRE, (particularly fighting games and shooters, going forward into this generation) if it does, it should ALWAYS BE OPT-IN. I cannot even imagine what would happen in the age of HFR fighting games where their game logic runs at 120FPS. Though I don't believe (or I'm not sure) that Samurai Shodown's recent update for the XSX and PC (EGS) runs it's logic at 120FPS, the trend for future FG's is inevitable. Majors will start having 120FPS as "tournament settings".

And like clockwork, the PC warriors flood the thread with disingenuous bad faith arguments in the lines of "oH nOeZ b-B-b-BuT wHaT bOuT mUh fReNz tHo!!!" to hide the real reason why they WANT crossplay - USUAL LOW SALES = USUAL LOW ACTIVE PLAYERBASE. All of a sudden console players are now "friends". How convenient. Ask your playerbase to BUY THE GAME in the millions like console players (not in the hundreds), instead of crossplay begging in a console thread, dear trolls.

By default, Console Crossplay should be forced, no arguments there from the OP and PC should not even be considered. Give them an inch, they take a mile. No need for ANY explanation. They don't own the console platform, nor do the developers/publishers.

Devs take console manufacturers for granted and do it because they have forums like ERA and 4CHAN on their side to push the PC crossplay propaganda, or they will cause another Fortnite situation where SONY's stocks dropped following media uproar on SONY blocking Cross-progression and Crossplay (CITATION NEEDED ON WHETHER THIS WAS THE DIRECT REASON FOR THE DROP), so they (devs/pubs) think they can continue this forced PC crossplay cancer, down the throats of console consumers without any backlash because most console players don't even use forums/message boards or most forms of social media, to pretend that they took their opinions in.

They (the devs) know for a fact that, if they leave crossplay on, the vast majority of the console players (IN ALL GAMES ACROSS ALL GENRE) won't turn it off or even go into the settings for starters. It's precisely the reason, all these PC trolls are wanting forced PC crossplay by default or "opt-out crossplay" while they throw their bad faith "iTz aN oPtIoN bRo!!!" arguments. Having console-only crossplay by default, and PC as "opt-in" is an "OPTION" too.

The developers want to use the console playerpool as guinea pigs to serve their ambitions (player engagement = monetization opportunities) on expanding the PC base, as they're guaranteed that their game won't die on PC if they crossplay with consoles. They will lie to your face like it's tuesday, on how all the versions are "equal".

SONY/MSFT/NTDO should force the 3RD party developers to crossplay ONLY BETWEEN CONSOLES, period. Don't ever consider PC. This is the ONLY solution. Console maker's priority SHOULD ALWAYS be on their own console playerbase, especially in 3RD party games. The console manufacturers get ZERO REVENUE from 3RD party titles sold on PC, and even if they do in some miraculous circumstance such as the Xbox Play Anywhere initiative, it's not the Xbox Console Player's problem. If the PC population dies, like they usually do, they die. It's THEIR problem. Not console's.

CONSOLE-ONLY CROSSPLAY is the ONLY future of crossplay, whether PC gamers like it or they don't. It's not their call. It's call of the rightful owner of the console who spent their hard earned money on their boxes and pays a yearly sub fee to play exclusively with other console players, or the console manufacturer, who gets 3RD party royalty from the pubs who publish their software on their platform, that get to make the final decision.

PC players are merely spectators in the issue of crossplay. Your opinions are INVALID for console hardware and console manufacturer's 3RD party royalty income, your spent $0 on. Check your feelings, take the L and jog on.

LMFAO who hurt this guy?
"Leech"?
"Merely spectators"?
"Entitled brats"?
"Take the L"?

Actually caring that the console manufacturers don't get revenue for PC online players (As if this should matter to you, the consumer)?

You're a clown, sir.

Last edited:

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
No make it opt-out, if skill based matchmaking is doing its job it shouldn't matter. Limiting the pool of players just makes it more likely to wait longer and get bad connections

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. The devs should balance the game in some way, but crossplay is a must have. Also don't understand the complaints in Destiny2 when right now ps5/Series X play pvp at 120 fps and wide fov while ps4/xbone play at 30fps and narrow fov!!! The crossplay with pc people will not be worse than this.

it's because the game feels amazing to play on PC because there's not a ton of ridiculous recoil that makes some guns straight up unusable on controller. And they are nerfing the difference on mouse and keyboard. I am not looking forward to it. The game feels good. It's not going to feel worse.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is really long for a copypasta, but I'm sure specific paragraphs will do

medyej

Oct 26, 2017

In a post full of absolute craziness I have to point out

ResetEra is a primarily a privileged, ELITIST PC Gaming forum

Are you kidding me? lmao

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018

Every day that passes where cross play is being forced is worth it for posts like these.

lmao

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
99.99 percent of console players dislike it but also wouldn't look for an option to disable.

The actual majority doesn't give two shits if you're on a phone, a console, or a PC. They just want to play with their friends, or they don't care period. The rest aren't even aware it exists.

All this talk also about playerbases when it's the HUGE FUCKING HITS that are doing crossplay. Even with CoD not being the big dog it is on PC that it used to be, it's hardly like fucking Battleborn or something. A large majority of the games doing it have large audiences with easy matchmaking. So, then, why do you think they are moving toward this? Is it the supposed worst selling version of the game's audience somehow controlling the entire industry? Of course not.

Last edited:

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
*feels worse for constantly getting his ass kicked by console controller players with my fancy advantageous RGB K+M*

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Thread was worth it just for this hilariously unhinged rant.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
99.99 percent of console players dislike it but also wouldn't look for an option to disable.

The actual majority doesn't give two shits if you're on a phone, a console, or a PC. They just want to play with their friends, or they don't care period.

All this talk also about playerbases when it's the HUGE FUCKING HITS that are doing crossplay. Even with CoD not being the big dog it is on PC that it used to be, it's hardly like fucking Battleborn or something. A large majority of the games doing it have large audiences with easy matchmaking. So, then, why do you think they are moving toward this? Is it the supposed worst selling version of the game's audience somehow controlling the entire industry? Of course not.
People are turning off crossplay on console COD and it ends up pulling people from default matchmaking. Only Ground War and Warzone are detrimental if you do not have it on for matchmaking. The industry is moving towards this yes, but how they are implementing crossplay is different for many games and console default with PC opt-in is one of them.

Jonscrambler

Nov 13, 2017
Torrance,CA
CoD, Battlefield and Fortnite don't need crossplay to keep their game servers populated.

Maybe CoD does on PC, but not on console.

For smaller games I can see an argument for crossplay being the default.

more players benefit everyone, shorter search times, better quality (connections, skills) of opponents, turning crossplay off in CoD on my Xbox/ps made search times so much worse it's very noticeable

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
I just don't get why you wouldn't make the option to opt-out with it being explained then. You would then by default be connecting to the full userbase and you filter down to what you want. No reason to fragment the userbase by default if you're going to explain it and make the UI clear enough to know that option is there. Those that have an issue can then opt-out.
Hmmm... that could work as long as you have that big splash screen or guidelines or even better tutorial to explain the pros and cons of crossplay and tell the truth.

Ideally the choice should be something mandatory to put in and blocking the online until the user actually goes one way or the other.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I also specifically said forced crossplay. You can get the benefit of playing with friends without forced crossplay, in an opt-in system.

And you can get the benefit of not playing with PC users with forced crossplay, in an opt-out system. The reason people want an opt-out system is the same reason you want an opt-in one: everyone wants full servers and fast matchmaking. This is a case where it is simply impossible to please everyone so publishers and developers will have to prioritize.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fookin legendary post here

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
the advantages can vary but in a game like battlefield, i dont wanna be playing pc players. sniping for example is much easier with mousekeyboard, let alone helis and tanks.

my sniping is considerably better on call of duty when i mess around with mousekeyboard too.

i want console crossplay to be automatic and pc opt in.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

4goodmeasure

Apr 7, 2018
the advantages can vary but in a game like battlefield, i dont wanna be playing pc players. sniping for example is much easier with mousekeyboard, let alone helis and tanks.

my sniping is considerably better on call of duty when i mess around with mousekeyboard too.

i want console crossplay to be automatic and pc opt in.
Can you not use keyboard and mouse with Battlefield on console? I use it when I play Warzone on my PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Bro its a video game calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.