• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think when people talk about liking Winter they're talking about normal Winter instead of the 'Narnia after the Ice Queen takes over' Winters you Canadians get.

This. I don't think any of us summer haters want to move to places with long winters, feet of snow, regularly sub zero (Fahrenheit) temperatures etc. Those places are mostly moots as there are few booming metro areas in places with that hellish weather, where there are tons in places with long, hot summers that we get stuck in for careers.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Mosquitoes and humidity suck

Bring on that Mid September to Mid November perfect temperature and no bugs

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its when its still 100 degrees at midnight...thats when it is soul crushing. You can't escape it. (Texas)

Low 90s?! Thats wonderful weather. Bit warm, but fine.

Deleted member 17630

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep summer is awful. It was 102 yesterday and you can't even walk from the front door to your car without sweating. It's the worst season by far.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Its when its still 100 degrees at midnight...thats when it is soul crushing. You can't escape it. (Texas)

Low 90s?! Thats wonderful weather. Bit warm, but fine.

I did basic training at Lackland, 100+ degrees there felt better than like 90 degrees here in Florida. Humidity makes a huge difference, it's actually cooler in the shade there plus your sweat does what it's supposed to do and evaporates to cool you off. In high humidity you're just hotter, wetter, and more miserable.

Deleted member 14900

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imma wear a percentage of what I usually do and get glowy. I feel like I have superpowers in the summer. Though autumn is my favorite season by far.

Raven117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did basic training at Lackland, 100+ degrees there felt better than like 90 degrees here in Florida. Humidity makes a huge difference, it's actually cooler in the shade there plus your sweat does what it's supposed to do and evaporates to cool you off. In high humidity you're just hotter, wetter, and more miserable.
Oh Im well aware. Its just...man...at night...the 100 degree heat at midnight is so disheartening. With humidity while awful during the day, it does cool off a bit at night. Still humid though.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I loathe heat. Anything above 20°C is too warm, anything about 25°C is pushing the limits, and we get temperatures up to nearly 40°C here (Austria). I also have a sun allergy AND heat-based migraines, so I doubly suffer during summer.

But what I can stand even less is that people and especially weather reports are always so god damn happy about it having the temperature of a fucking oven. "Tomorrow the weather's gonna be sunny with 35°C! Isn't that amazing?! It's so great!!!!!!" and then are surprised when I'm like "Uh, no, it's not amazing, can I die pls".

>:[

Heisenburger

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol summer. Live in the uk where it rains nearly every week; one week of hot weather and we get hose pipe bans.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm not a huge fan either. In central Texas it is our winter in that we stay inside. Outside of brief exposure, anyone with light complexion will burn in hour or 12 max with spf 100.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah it sucks where I live. 90 degrees on average with 100% humidity on top.

Spring and Fall are far superior seasons here. I can actually go outside without dying. Only good thing about Summer here is the beach.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i really enjoy cold weather

summer has me cowering in the shade

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i really enjoy cold weather

summer has me cowering in the shade

What you need is some doggie ice cream.
mickey.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I will say though if I had a pool I'd be 100% down with summer. None of my friends have one and I have to drive for 2 hours for the beach to SF, and I don't even like SF's beaches. So getting some water is a day long commitment, weekend only, and I don't even like the beach that's easiest to go to. Then the rest of the week driving up my electricity bill for AC.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Where in the US can I move where the summers aren't too bad, because I cannot stand the weather in Miami
Since you literally live in hell, anywhere in the US would be better. I hear Colorado is great for three reasons: 1. Less humidity. 2. Milder high temps during summer. 3. Fall/Winters last longer.

Salmone_D_Oro

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Summer sucks even if it has some positive things like:

-less clothes

-you can go to the beach

Sweating like a pig is not something for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't really get super hot consistently in LA (in some parts) until like August/September. But when those fires start and everything is hot and dry, it's so horrible.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Summer
  • You can only take off so much clothing to get cooler. (You cannot strip your skin off)
  • Heat makes it harder to breathe
  • Heat hurts. Burns you.
  • AC bill goes way fucking up.
  • No ac = death
  • Humidity makes you feel nasty even doing basic activities
  • Allergies
Winter
  • Gets cold? Put on more clothing. Simple.
  • You can save a ton of money on energy bills in the winter
  • Everyone loves snow. Even if they say they don't.
  • Snow means calling out of work a lot. No school.
  • Everyone loves snow. No exceptions.
  • People pretend like they don't like snow. They are lying.
  • Cool, brisk air is perfect football weather. I love playing sports in fall/winter.
  • Don't feel swampy doing basic bitch shit outside. (Yardwork,etc)
  • I feel like it is less noisey outside during colder months. Less idiots out making noise.
  • The grass doesn't grow. No lawn cutting.
  • Snow gear looks so sick! Face masks and badass scarfs.
  • I love seeing people freak out down here over low amounts of ice and snow. Feels post apocalyptic.
  • Snow.
  • EDIT OH AND LESS BUGS!!!

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
shoveling snow is better than any summer home maintenance activity.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Summer
  • You can only take off so much clothing to get cooler. (You cannot strip your skin off)
  • Heat hurts. Burns you.
  • No ac = death
Winter
  • People pretend like they secretly don't like snow. This is a lie.
  • Cool, brisk air is perfect football weather. I love playing sports in fall/winter.
  • I feel like it is less noisey outside during colder months. Less idiots out making noise.
  • I love seeing people freak out down here over low amounts of ice and snow. Feels post apocalyptic.
  • Snow.

Lol snow doesn't get you off much in the rust belt. Salt Destroys your car. I hate summer in texas but winters in some places are worse.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
LOVE summer. If it were winter I'd be going inside when I get home from work and probably not going back out.

Now though? Gonna go on a jog when I get home. Sit on my back porch after and drink a beer. Take the dogs on a walk later in the evening. My one dog literally literally lays down in the snow and refuses to walk in the winter (cold + salt). FUCK WINTER.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Summer
  • Heat hurts. Burns you.
  • No ac = death
Winter
  • People pretend like they secretly don't like snow. This is a lie.
  • Snow.

Also, outta shape people can hide their bodies better under sweaters and coats. In the summer, you have to wear t-shirts and show off puny arms

Winter= Guilt free homebody

Summer = existential crisis if you stay in doors.

Down with summer.

syncover

Nov 14, 2017
USA
All you "summer is great" people need to spend one in DC. It was built on swamp land so it's always unbelievably humid.

I did spend a week in San Diego during the summer and it was very pleasant. I'm jealous of you west coasters.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Come to Portugal (especially the interior) and you´ll love winter. The past year around this time, it was 34ºC at evening.Impossible to sleep, even on the floor... I just hate it with a passion.

yeah no doubt. But here in north. Winter from 0 to -30. Summer from: +15 to +30. Usually between 20-25 during days and 10-15 during nights so pretty much perfect for me.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Spoken like someone who has never experienced 4 months of -40 degree weather. I've never been somewhere so hot that my car wouldn't start, and I've been to Vegas in the middle of summer.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Growing up super poor with only a small gas heater in our living room with 5 people huddled in front of it and then freezing to death in the morning waiting on the school bus means I cherish every minute of warmth I get nowadays. Even like 100 degree heat doesn't really bother me.