• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
3PM here in Vienna, Austria and it's 87°F.

Thank god it's starting to get cloudy, I was sweating my ass off over here.

My prayers go out to the 90°+ folks. Fuck Summer.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who moved from NY to ATL I have to say that I now HATE the summer. You can't do anything outside here after 10AM or you'll feel disgusting. I also just received my June electric bill and it is double what most of my other months are. If I had access to a pool or were closer to a shore I may enjoy it more, but being land locked sucks. Fall is where it's at down here!

Yeah, I've been in ATL for 9 years after being in WV and MD before that. I've not gotten used to it at all, if anything I'm less tolerant of the heat and humidity and more miserable as evidenced by all my bitching in this thread. At the least it's getting me motivated to refocus on work and buff up the CV as the wife and I are starting to get the itch to move somewhere else.

The climate sucks and with how crazy house prices are vs. when I first moved here it's quickly losing the benefit of being cheaper than other cities I'd consider living it which was a main draw to taking a job here. I didn't have any savings to buy a place and buy the time I did all the neighborhoods I'd want to buy in were out of our price range. So between the climate and being stuck renting in ghetto-ish areas I'm pretty ready to GTFO.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Living where I live in Canada summer is great I wish it lasts longer than it does. This last winter was terrible here so I will always appreciate it when summer kicks in.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Good on you, OP. Summer is the worst. I would gladly spend the rest of my life in an endless blizzard if I never had to see another 90° day.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer winters, just because it's easier to put on more clothing or use a blanket. I just relocated across the US from WA to VA, and going from no humidity to this crazy garbage during the summer is insane.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Fall/Winter >>>>> all

Used to love summers as a kid, not anymore...if it could be October/November year round here I'd be in heaven.

Oct 27, 2017
Newnan, GA
Yeah, I've been in ATL for 9 years after being in WV and MD before that. I've not gotten used to it at all, if anything I'm less tolerant of the heat and humidity and more miserable as evidenced by all my bitching in this thread. At the least it's getting me motivated to refocus on work and buff up the CV as the wife and I are starting to get the itch to move somewhere else.

The climate sucks and with how crazy house prices are vs. when I first moved here it's quickly losing the benefit of being cheaper than other cities I'd consider living it which was a main draw to taking a job here. I didn't have any savings to buy a place and buy the time I did all the neighborhoods I'd want to buy in were out of our price range. So between the climate and being stuck renting in ghetto-ish areas I'm pretty ready to GTFO.
My "problem" is that I work for the dream company in my career path. There is no moving up from here. If I want to be in the field I'm in, working for the best company, I have to be in ATL. One upside is that the house prices here compared to where I was in NY are half or 1/3 for the same space. I am starting to embrace the warmth, though. I bought a kayak this year and have taken it to a few reservoirs and ponds. It helps to have some sort of summer activity that I can look forward to. Hopefully things cool down soon...

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I usually hate summers as well but so I far can not complain.

Here in Holland we have this dry heat for three weeks. It has not rained at all since, so every single piece of grass is brown and dead.

This is positive for me in two ways.

1) Thanks to the dead grass my hayfever issue is simply.. gone.
2) Thanks to the dry heat the humidity is lower than 20%.

This all means I can enjoy the warmth of the sun (26 degrees celsius) without getting choked.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This. I don't think any of us summer haters want to move to places with long winters, feet of snow, regularly sub zero (Fahrenheit) temperatures etc. Those places are mostly moots as there are few booming metro areas in places with that hellish weather, where there are tons in places with long, hot summers that we get stuck in for careers.
New York? Toronto?

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I said there were a few. But those two don't really fit the multiple blizzards, tons of way below 0F days etc that were being mentioned as worse than summer heat. I have no issues with the kind of winters those cities get having grown up in WV which has pretty long winters (especially in the 80s and 90s).

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
I usually hate summers as well but so I far can not complain.

Here in Holland we have this dry heat for three weeks. It has not rained at all since, so every single piece of grass is brown and dead.

This is positive for me in two ways.

1) Thanks to the dead grass my hayfever issue is simply.. gone.
2) Thanks to the dry heat the humidity is lower than 20%.

This all means I can enjoy the warmth of the sun (26 degrees celsius) without getting choked.

Same here in the UK, first decent summer in years. The other plus for my is my drives roll out an extra 50y ;-)

Oct 27, 2017
my balls are in a constant state of wetness

This stuff works wonders :)

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
As usual, it's not the heat, it's the humidity.

I can do fine in a dry heat, because generally as long as you have some shade you're fine.

In a humid environment though you're just gonna be sticky and gross no matter what you do.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
It's only 83 degrees where I am in Florida but with this fucking humidity I feel like I'm going to die after being out there for 20 minutes. I need to go cut the lawn which I'm not looking forward to.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Summer is amazing. I walk daily to Tim Hortons for my ice cap. However, I gotta wear socks with my sandals due to the blazing sun.

IXI FalcoN

Oct 27, 2017
Lived in FL for 20 years and now live in the mountains in VA. It's been a bad few weeks. We went out to see the fireworks last night and the humidity was bad, felt like FL.

But at least I know it will be done come September. And when the sun goes down it's not so bad and it takes at least until 11 or 12 for the heat to rev up.

In FL, there is no escape. It's 8 months of this bullshit every year with ridiculous humidity combined with 90+ temps every day June-August. Can't even get the mail without sweating. So happy to live in a place with actual seasons, instead of just summer and mild summer.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
I work somewhere that's akin to being in a freezer all day, so I'm nice and cool most of the day even in 100 degree weather.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
At one point yesterday it was 79F in Sacramento. Incredible. It's never this cool here in July. If summer was like this I'd love summer.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Heat, sweat, bugs, yardwork, heat, bugs, mulch, bugs, constantly feeling like ass...Im over the heat, when all my peers are retiring to Florida or the desert, I'll be in my nice shack in the woods in Vermont (CMON LOW PING SAT NET!)

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
We got rain yesterday, but it's been 102 for days and dry weeks before hand in central Texas. I have a young sycamore which has shallow roots making it get very little of the rain that comes down, so I have to drop irrigate it 1.5 hours 3x a week because fuck summer that's why.

Deleted member 10060

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What an insane bunch of people. Summer is fantastic. Be lazy, go swim in the ocean, read books in a hammock all day long. Compare that to winter when everything is wet, cold, horrible, dark and just miserable all together and, no. Just no. Fuck winters.

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
What an insane bunch of people. Summer is fantastic. Be lazy, go swim in the ocean, read books in a hammock all day long. Compare that to winter when everything is wet, cold, horrible, dark and just miserable all together and, no. Just no. Fuck winters.

Go to a place with 80%+ humidity and it being 90f+ outside. It isn't fun being drenched in sweat after five minutes of simply being outside.

If it is 90f and a dry heat.. whatever that isn't a big deal... add humidity in? it becomes miserable very fast. I will take a 105 dry heat over a 85 with 90% humidity heat any day.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Mid-90s all week in Kansas here; heat index over 100. Give me any other season, please.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Summer is the best season of the year, no need to be freezing and shivering with awful sub 75f weather. Anything lower then 75f I freeze, had my heat in the low 80's all of winter too. Been high 80's/low 90's this past weekend/this week so far and it's been beautiful and haven't broken into a sweat at all! After the awfully long and cold weather that I thought would never end I'm cherishing every single day of this heat as it wont last since I live in the Northeast :(

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I think I'd hate summer less if it wasn't for yardwork. It's been raining constantly and been hot on top of it. There have been weeks where I'd cut the grass and in three days it needed cutting again.

I've been doing the yard in parts, doing the backyard one day and the front yard the next and I'd be so wet with sweat that it looks like I've jumped in a sweat vat.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Summer sucks ass, especially in the South, and especially if you find yourself outside for longer than 15 minutes. Spending time to get ready and clean in the morning only to sweat off the entirety of your deodorant before making it to work is hardly ideal.

When it's this hot, there is only so much you can do. You can't just run around naked, and even then you'd be sweating. At least in winter you can layer up depending on the temp.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely one of those things people can never agree on as our bodies are so different. I have some friends (mostly women) who are like QueenVulpix above who are always freezing, have space heaters on in the summer in their offices as the A/C is too much of them, who barely sweat even when it's 90+ and heat index in the triple digits etc. Others are like me and are hot all the time, sweat profusely despite being skinny and in decent shape, can barely stand exercising outdoors above 75 or so and wish it was 60-65 all the time. That I'm a magnet for mosquitoes and other biting insects doesn't help either, nor that I get more severe reactions (bigger welts, last longer, itchy as hell) doesn't help either.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Summer is awesome. Winter is fucking hell, especially when there's snow. Stop with the bs that it's better because you can dress up. You don't want that shit and you know it. Maybe winter means 50 f or something, and that's fine. But it's not fine when it's 5 f outside.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Summer is awesome. Winter is fucking hell, especially when there's snow. Stop with the bs that it's better because you can dress up. You don't want that shit and you know it. Maybe winter means 50 f or something, and that's fine. But it's not fine when it's 5 f outside.

Again, most people are saying they prefer temperate climates. It sucks donkey balls living somewhere it's 90+ with high humidity or regularly in the triple digits with dry heat OR living somewhere with long winters with 3+ months of lots of snow and single digit or below 0 temps. It's extreme summers and winters that suck. Ideal climate to me would be 60-65 year round. For normal places, just somewhere with shorter summers with very few 90 degree days and low humidity and mild winters with some snow (as I do like it) but few days below the 20s.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Again, most people are saying they prefer temperate climates. It sucks donkey balls living somewhere it's 90+ with high humidity or regularly in the triple digits with dry heat OR living somewhere with long winters with 3+ months of lots of snow and single digit or below 0 temps. It's extreme summers and winters that suck. Ideal climate to me would be 60-65 year round. For normal places, just somewhere with shorter summers with very few 90 degree days and low humidity and mild winters with some snow (as I do like it) but few days below the 20s.

Well, okay. I could live with 60-65 year around with a month or two where it's 80-90

I will smile as I sweat my balls off in summer because it isnt the fucking goddamn winter.

Pretty much this. :lol

Deleted member 10060

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Go to a place with 80%+ humidity and it being 90f+ outside. It isn't fun being drenched in sweat after five minutes of simply being outside.

If it is 90f and a dry heat.. whatever that isn't a big deal... add humidity in? it becomes miserable very fast. I will take a 105 dry heat over a 85 with 90% humidity heat any day.

Nah. Winter is shit. Try living in western Norway fpr a week mid winter. Pretty much every single version of shitty weather you could accumulate within seven days.

I don't mind me some hot, humid weather.