Votes: 678 28.4%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Hey there, fellow CAG ;)

I've probably spent somewhere in that range on games/manga/figures/game OSTs/artbooks/etc. over the same length of time, so I'm not gonna judge ;) ;)

If you're running out of space, though, you may want to do a bit of pruning. You'll probably still have a ton of stuff in the end, but it does help!
Hello!

I tried getting into artbooks, but the market is kind of tough on them because you really can't go used for that market, so it makes it difficult to really track a lot of them down at a decent price, and new.

Otherwise, I'd be all over that.

Oh yeah, they're also hard to store, lol.
Where the heck is your hestia figurine
I've failed. :(
You're just passionate OP.

Now fill those still empty shelves ASAP.
I'm trying!

Took a short hiatus, but just started up again earlier today.

Charge!
If you get enjoyment out of these things and you aren't spending above your means, then it's totally fine. Being happy is what life is about isn't it?
Agreed.
Forget the money, how long does that takes to clean x_x
Yeah, this is the part I don't particularly enjoy.

Usually 1.5 - 2 hours to get everything cleaned.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
Really cool collection, OP.
If you are happy than that is all that matters.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I like it OP. If I was into anime and stuff that much I'd do it too. People think of physical space, yet, if you don't use it, IMO it's a waste of space. I mean, not so cluttered you can't walk, duh, but not empty to the point where you can hear your own echo in the room. I think it looks fine.

As for the money part, I can think of a lot of things people spend money on that's actually bad for that amount over years. If it gives you satisfaction when you look at it, it's worth it. Plus most of that stuff is actually playable, so there's that too.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I've surely spent half of that at least since 2011 on consoles, PC parts, VR, new televisions, monitors, rebuying my old video game collection, etc. etc.

I have 1,151 games on Steam and over 800 physical games that I've acquired certainly since 2011.

I don't think I'm in a position to judge but it's kinda like looking at your total time played in World of Warcraft. It's probably better that you don't unless you're going to take something from it.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I admire how organized everything is, but keeping figures boxed up pains me. They're meant to be displayed, not stuffed in a box.

Just my 2C. My personal rule is if I buy it, I'm gonna use it, or display it. Once neither happens, it's gone.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I probably haven't even spent $5000 on games in that span of time, or all my entertainment products in general for that matter. Hell, I couldn't imagine collecting all of that stuff.

We are probably very different individuals though, OP.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I don't personally think that's crazy in the slightest. Over about ten years, that's around 6k a year on your main hobby. If you got the wages then why not? It's a different story if you were barely scraping by though.

Yearly I probably spend on average 2 - 3k on my personal enjoyment being paid a bit more than minimum wage. Many people spend a lot more than they realize per year just by going out and enjoying themselves. It's just that you have a physical record to stare at you in your face at all times! Spend your money on whatever brings you joy! Also very cool collection!

Last edited:

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bro, I've spent between 10k and 20k on a f2p app called downtown mafia over the last 5 years. At least you have something to show for your money.

Side note, I sold my accounts and gang from that game a few weeks back and am never doing that shit again.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the only thing that bothered me was the vita being buried in the back of the closet. that one hurt

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Roughly what $55k over about 8 years looks like,

gPOvQuB.jpg
spongebob.jpg

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
OP as long as you are taking care of your other needs first no amount of spending is bad. Your collection is awesome even tho I was never a person to collect figures.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Figures are cool, but I don't have a good space to display them. But I'm super jelly of the manga collection. My wife and I buy a LOT of books and love to display them (and read them of course). So seeing that collection is REALLY fun to look at.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
No your not, that's 9 years or so, over that time some people spent way more season tickets, beer, and whatever else. If it brought you enjoyment then all good. For reference someone buying a cup of coffee every day for 5 dollars over 11 years is 16k dollars

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
How many games (in terms of number?)

I have a feeling I probably got the same amount of games if not more but at a lesser price since I usually never buy games day 1.

I've yet to buy a single figurine, artwork, etc - and I dont plan to.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Thats a real nice lookin' collection! A quick lookover my game/anime/manga expenses from 2011 til now puts me somewhere over $3200 e.e

If I had/made the kind of money you apparently do, I dunno if my collection'd be of that size but I would surely be more open to risk taking on games/series I otherwise look away from. As it is my disposable income is piss poor so sure bets are about the only way for me ta go.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Had shelves and closets that started to look like that a few years ago until it just really started to feel like a bunch of garbage despite being organized.
Having all of it just weighed me down so most of it is gone now.

Not that I'm any better about spending. I'm into watches so at least it takes up little space but I'm close to your average per year.

Good luck OP.

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly wondering what exactly a $30,000 anime collection looks like in 2019. Close up picts please!
Mine would probably be a bad example, since I haven't really bought a ton of anime in these past couple of years. :*(
the only thing that bothered me was the vita being buried in the back of the closet. that one hurt
Oh, those are just the boxes, so it's not a big deal. No reason for it to collect dust sitting outside, stays cleaner in the closet. :D
How many games (in terms of number?)

I have a feeling I probably got the same amount of games if not more but at a lesser price since I usually never buy games day 1.

I've yet to buy a single figurine, artwork, etc - and I dont plan to.
2558 in total across all the systems.

Not as bad as I thought actually.
Had shelves and closets that started to look like that a few years ago until it just really started to feel like a bunch of garbage despite being organized.
Having all of it just weighed me down so most of it is gone now.

Not that I'm any better about spending. I'm into watches so at least it takes up little space but I'm close to your average per year.

Good luck OP.
It seems some others have already mentioned watches too.

Are watches back now? XD

But yeah, that can get expensive, fairly quickly.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grown men buying figurines of naked/half naked anime women (young girls) is weird as fuck

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That all looks nice. I've probably spent close to that on just games and they're like 90% digital so I have nothing to show for it lol

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
its a great thing to be able to invest that much money into something you love and not just working to pay the bills

nothing to feel bad about

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
16000 in 8 years on video games? That's 2000 a year. That's about 160 a month, so roughly 3 games? It's on the high side but nowhere near excessive. I've got no opinion on the other categories

Hayvic

Oct 27, 2017
Sure that's a lot of money, but you can't put a price on the experience of showing that room to a date for the first time.