• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Am I nuts?

• Yes

Votes: 1,309 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 401 16.8%
  • Certainly possible

Votes: 678 28.4%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I have no issue with collecting or spending large amounts on collecting. Crack on, whatever you love if you can afford it.

But I am gonna judge people for what they're collecting; in this case for me personally.....fucking Anime, ugh. A room filled with films and comics and figures and dolls heavily featuring scantily clad young girls with massive tits. Yeah, that's not for me. Can't see the appeal in any way and I can't imagine showing it to people.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Is that all? Can't help but feel disappointed by the lack of Switch stuff. Pretty weak OP.

Saw your collection many times over the years and always found it to be pretty cool. While I couldn't care less about the anime/manga/figurines, it is extremely well organized. You see other rooms with less stuff that look like shit because people don't clean it, even if they are "all digital".

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
As long as you aren't putting yourself into bad debt, you're fine. It's definitely great to look at.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
You won't be able to leave the room if all the doors are encumbered.

Life-saving tip: ensure that there is an emergency exit.

26N2TNF.png
mqEzspt.png
uSfOFrd.png

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everything is really organized. As long as your happy OP.

You can always sell that stuff later on.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
I used to work towards a collection like this. Not nearly as successfully, but then I became a degenerate that likes to drink with his homies 2 nights out of the week and would rather spend the $55k in vegas going to clubs, drinking and gambling.

As long as your living your best life. We're happy for you. I'm much happier now than I've ever been, but everyone's different, just be sure to give all types of experiences a shot.

Jan 10, 2018
Collecting is completely foreign to me. Do you get like a high when you show off a lot of material stuff? Or is it just about buying it all? Or maybe both?

It seems very stressful no matter the case.

Retsudo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
Im getting ptsd just thinking about the work you'll need to do if you decide to move op.

But your organizing skills are tip top. Congrats on that.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Come on, dude. You probably only look at 1% of this stuff at any given time. I'd value that extra space more then anything else.
or mind your damn business.

That DS collection is insane. I wish the pics were zoomable. Would love to look through your video game collection.

As for the spending, you should buy/do what makes you happy. Too many people will say it's a waste and they probably spend money on other shit.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Really nice collection OP! I don't think you're crazy at all, you should spend money on what makes you happy (as long as you can afford it of course...).

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
Great collection.

I've thought many times on making the same exercise of calculating how much I've spent with mine, but am afraid of the result, lol.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
In 8 years is not bad at all.
How do you keep that clean?

Just get rid of the carpet in the floor, such bad taste.. :)

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so jealous of your manga collection. I'm kind of glad I went digital only on anime, movies, and television though.

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I see nothing wrong with collecting if it makes you happy. (I certainly love collecting old video games)

But I gotta say those sexualized anime figures are kinda not okay

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Spend your money however you see fit - but I wished I'd saved my money when I was younger rather than spend tons of CDs etc. When I cleared most of them out a few years back all I saw was the thousands of pounds I'd wasted on things I no longer cared about. Could've put it to much better use.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
You're nuts. Not that it is a bad thing, though.

Hope your home inventory is insured in case of fire, lighting strike, hurricanes, burglary, flooding etc.!

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly OP, I don't give a shit about manga or video games (consoles games anyways) but I respect that you got to the stage in your life where you could spend $6111.11 (repeating) a year on what you love and not have it adversely affect other parts of your life.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you can afford it and makes you happy, sure why not.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
This is great man! I actually think that it's cool that you seem happy with your collection but are also aware of the cumulative cost. I think if many of us were to reflect on what we have spent on things with depreciating value that we collect or enjoy (such as gaming) we would ALL be shocked and probably stop with our hobbies.- That's not the point here though—the point is that this fulfills you and it's damn near 10 years of collecting. You didn't just blow your life savings over night.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Haven't read the whole thread but does the TC have a family? I can't knock the hustle and if the bank is there then power to you. Otherwise that's an exorbitant amount of cash money productions happening there.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Love your Retsuko collection!

I think it's fine if you enjoy collecting and can afford it, OP. My main concern in your situation wouldn't be the cost but how to manage space for everything into the future, how long can you keep accumulating so much each year before you run out or it starts cluttering up other rooms?

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Almost half of it went to the figurines. It's a bit much but if you can pay for it without problems and are happy...

Good for you.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Impressive collection.

Although I can never justify spending that much on anime personally, but if it makes you happy, that's all it matters.