• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is how your people have been portrayed, so that Americans can be on board and not give much thought when our government oppresses your people overseas and illegally spies on them within our borders. It's a media psyop.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I think the fact that 99% of the heroes are white is being addressed in the actual content of the show. Vought and Stormfront's origins suggest this is by design. Homelander even had to answer a question about #SuperheroesSoWhite in a live interview that he stumbled all over.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I can't speak for The Boys in particular, but I feel like there's a whole industry out there of basically constructing elaborate excuses to consume bigotry. Like, how many things are there that say racism is bad, starring a racist white guy?

Often we're told "everyone in this show is bad", which may be true, but it's also a pretty standard arrangement nowadays.
It's just another way people took the wrong lesson from Watchmen. Rorschach's everybody's favorite but it's a devide of "love to hate" and "love unironically."