• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Nothing you said is wrong per se, but it's totally devoid of context. If that's the way the world is, it is a valid excuse. Social intelligence is required to get ahead in life; and if you put a big, intimidating tattoo on your face that scares most of the population, it isn't on the entire world that you knowingly went into it and said screw the implications. We don't live in vacuums. Much as you have to control your words--not cussing all the time--you also need to control your actions and image. Things have consequences.

This guy gets it. Also people who are claiming they dont judge people with face tattoos in here are full of shit.

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Both my arms are sleeved and I have several tats on my legs/feet. That said I live by the logic you should be able to cover all your tats by wearing a suit or long sleeve dress shirt. Of course I work in the corporate world as a controller, so I don't show my tats at work ever. There are people I've worked with for almost 10 years that have no idea I have any tats. That said even if it didn't matter work wise, I still would never get a face or neck tattoo. I just don't like them. That said hand tattoos? If I could I would already have both hands tatted.

Also I hired a financial accountant last year that had a few tats that she didn't bother hiding during the interview. I don't think it was a smart move by her. In the end she just got lucky it was me that interviewed her and I could have cared less.

Hideaki Annoying

alt account
Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Chicago
I always love those stick and poke tattoos people get. If I see someone with the Black Flag bar logo or the Crass ouroboros, they're usually good people.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I am guilty of judging people's face tattoos.

I auto-assume meth was involved during their decision making process.

Hitmeneer

Oct 30, 2017
I personally am not a fan of face tattoo's, but if it is done well, I don't judge.

I just judge people that get badly done tattoo's. Like a lot of famous people. There are so many amazing tattoo artists, I can't understand people cheapening out on it and being stuck with a badly done tattoo.

It's clear also a lot of people here don't know anyone with tattoo's.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Depends how stupid they are.

I know i probably shouldn't but i do the same, if its stupid i make a pretty snap decision on how that person makes life choices if they have a ridiculous tattoo on their face like that idiot who got a Harry Styles tattoo on their face! my instanct reaction would be that they are a complete idiot who would happily make a life changing decision for attention.

But generally? i probably still do for a second or two but my rational mind corrects that

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's neck tattoos of names that cause my judgement. Mostly because it weirds me out that anyone would want someone else's name on such a visible part of their person.

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Again i think its more about the tattoo itself over it being on the face.

I mean the gentleman that posted the pic of his face tattoo was for his tribe. Why would his be considered okay while if i get a little anchor under my eye I'm consider taboo?

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Well I suppose so, but you aren't really saying anything at all. My point is that you are judging people all the time from a variety of factors but one of the biggest ones is the persons face.
I am saying something, you missed it man. I'm saying face judgments don't have to include character assumptions from tattoos.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I'm going to have "California" tattooed on my upper lip before some famous rock star beats me to it...

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
I've no issue at all with body art by body part. However, depending on the tattoo itself, I may judge it as aesthetically pleasing, interesting or not very appealing.

It is your body and your choice, but some things done for aesthetic reasons just end up not looking very good.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
if they're part of a tribe, i won't.

i don't judge in the strictest sense, i just don't think it looks very good. i'm all for expression, though. i just think it doesn't look good. doesn't help that you can't take tattoos off easily like you would clothing - i think i tend to put myself in their shoes and just say oh god no. heh.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I wouldn't judge it, cause i just don't care what other people do with their bodies, it's their choice. Btw, i never really understood this concept of judging someone? How does it work exactly, or rather how do people feel judging someone else? Superior?

ps: there are some small face-tattoos i really like, like with this guy

205557e851c0a69c5be41cd035d0d721.jpg

Last edited:

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
First thing that comes to mind is, Why? I have a tattoo in my left arm and i will have more soon but in the face? I have yet to see one that looks cool. When i decided i esnted a tattoo i knwe i wanted to be visible most of the time but the face is just too much

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Keep tattoos off your face, anywhere else but the face; there ain't no shirt for your face!

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I have an impulsive twitch to make a snap judgment, but that's true of anything.

But I know a few people with face tattoos who are successful and happy, so per usual, stereotyping fails.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
The only people I see with face tattoos are rap artists or counter-culture types. I rarely come across them in real life and the times I have were always social contexts.
Keep tattoos off your face, anywhere else but the face; there ain't no shirt for your face!
I understood that reference.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Well, the least that could be said is that person either really cares about what people think or the exact opposite. There is no in-between with a face tattoo. They also probably don't plan much.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its widely accepted in Scotland that if you have a tattoo of someones name on your neck that you are probably an idiot.

(This is a thing you see quite a lot btw)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The only way I'm getting a face tattoo is if it's post apocalyptic and I become a badass warlord or something.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it? I mean, i get liking or disliking something, or saying this is not me, not my taste or whatever, but judging i don't really get. So that's why i'm trying to understand why some people really enjoy judging, it must give them something, doesn't it?

No, I get what you're saying.

You're question just struck me as a bit naive.

The act of people judging each other is as old as humankind itself. Many of its roots are unconscious as it can be a survival mechanism (fight or flight).

Doesn't mean there aren't learned responses that are unproductive such as various social prejudices. But to question the very nature of judgement itself just seems weird.

Legit, nothing personal though!

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
If I judge, it's that they have a poor sense of priorities/foresight, not that they are necessarily dirty/untrustworthy/a criminal. It's like getting your first girlfriend's name tattooed on your chest in bold. Except it's not concealable. And could heavily affect the kind of positions you can obtain in the work force.

Is it fair that you can be judged harshly by society for having a face tattoo? No, but it's also not fair that I can be judged harshly for being a Black man and the children of immigrants. The difference is that I didn't choose my ethnicity on what was essentially a whim.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No, I get what you're saying.

You're question just struck me as a bit naive.

The act of people judging each other is as old as humankind itself. Many of its roots are unconscious as it can be a survival mechanism (fight or flight).

Doesn't mean there aren't learned responses that are unproductive such as various social prejudices. But to question the very nature of judgement itself just seems weird.

Legit, nothing personal though!

Haha, probably it is a bit weird, i don't know why, but there are still some emotions i can't fully comprehend xD, but thanks for explaining it.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I try my best not to judge anyone based on appearance. Some facial markings are traditional and other than that I just wouldn't know enough about the person.

I did grow up in an area where people earned tear drop tattoos so it was pretty easy to judge them.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Years ago I was invited to a party back in my neighborhood and a friend of mine introduced me to a guy who had gotten a massive "Ten-Shin-Han after using marijuana" third eye in his forehead. I was at the peak of my laid-back youth, and as a sociologist I was trained to deconstruct most prejudices... but I couldn´t avoid to think about the life possibilities he had destroyed for himself with that mere tattoo.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I just saw a guy with several face tattoos, including "forsaken" on his cheek and "Hell hath no fury" on his forehead. I wonder when he decided to give up on his life.