alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Given the big whomping crush I have on Bryce Howard, yes I can absolutely tell you the difference lol.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
60d9bca749bcb73f2c882f59c86b3b30--brad-pitt-toro.jpg

jeffrey-dean-morgan-and-javier-bardem.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
These two woman look nothing alike. I don't know what you're on, OP.

Well then please, show me two famous people who look more similar! None exist

Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister).
Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley.
And as a bonus, another same-work example: Rodrigo Santoro and Ben Barnes (both Westworld).

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who hugely struggles with faces and mainly distinguishes people by their hair I can say that this thread is my hell.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
The Margo Jaime comparison is cheating, cause they have an identical smile, Jaime even mentioned it in an interview, so with a close up they look like twins but they have distinct features.

886821384.jpg

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
There are times where you might be forgiven for getting it wrong from a distance, like below.

rs_1024x759-140312142610-1024.chas.how.ls.2112.jpg

But they do look quite different most of the time.
This one seems even easier than the OP. Howard on the right.

I've seen her in person and it was obvious then too.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I went though the whole thread, I can tell who's who in every picture posted. Y'all are weird.
I think a lot of it might just come from some not being particularly familiar with the actors.

Like I guess if you haven't seen much of Chastain or Howard and you see one in a movie and then you see the other some time later...maybe? But those two in particular confound me as they look nothing alike. Maybe a better example is the one of Aaron Paul/Justin Chatwin, if you are completely unaware of the existance of Justin Chatwin and then you see him in something I guess I could understand someone thinking for a moment "Is that Aaron Paul?" But it definitely feels like these things should be a passing moment and nothing more.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Their personalities are totally different in films so it's easy for me.

Chastain tends to play more severe and serious characters while BDH is usually a caricature of a passive aggressive middle class white woman.

Oct 28, 2017
While this thread is further evidence that a lot more people are face blind than they realize, I'm pleasantly surprised no one brought up the comparison I always used to hear and drove me crazy, which is Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz.
03a01dcc7439b0a73c4930187645ede1.jpg

They're both dark-haired Hispanics, and... that's basically it.

Salman Hayek is the finest creature to ever walk the earth, I will never confuse her.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of you guys cant tell faces for shit. My girlfriend is like this. She cant tell anyone apart

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
I can at least vaguely understand the confusion in this case although I think Chastain is easy to distinguish (especially once she starts talking).

Some of these other examples are bizarre - Morena Baccarin and Marisa Tomei, wtf?

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Most of these comparisons are way off. My wife thinks Gwyneth paltrow and Claire Danes look the same.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Given this thread now I'm highly curious how do you people pick potential partners on dating apps...

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I can tell the difference very well, I don't think their facial features or body structure are that similar even if their hair might be on occassions.
Which ones Margot Robbie and which one's Jaime Pressly

1712.jpg
Oh, well on these pictures I would have assumed they're both Margot Robbie.

Edit: They're both pictures of Robbie, you're trying to trick people right?
Would anybody really confuse Chastain and Howard?

eu.usatoday.com

Jessica Chastain says even Ron Howard once mistook her for daughter Bryce Dallas Howard

"I literally walked by, and (Ron Howard) was like, 'I think I saw (daughter Bryce Dallas Howard),' " Chastain said of their Apple Store encounter.

Oh.
Bit weird for a dad to walk past his daughter and not even say hello. Are Ron and Bryce in bad terms, or was Ron just joking about being confused?

Last edited:

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My gf was 100% convinced that Bardem starred in since episodes of Gray's anatomy and she was super sad because his character died or something and she liked him a lot. It took me a while to convince her that it was not Bardem but in fact The comedian lol

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Orlando Bloom and Luke Evans

c4fcb7fe1a9151ce570032ec2445c294.jpg

When Bard showed up in The Hobbit I thought "Wait, did they cast Orlando Bloom in a second role?" 😂

These two woman look nothing alike. I don't know what you're on, OP.

Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister).
lol
While I can tell those two women apart too, your follow-up example is pretty terrible...

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Bit weird for a dad to walk past his daughter and not even say hello. Are Ron and Bryce in bad terms, or was Ron just joking about being confused?
You've never had someone pass by you quickly and think/say "Isn't that x?" I'm sure he then saw it wasn't his daughter on closer look.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
They have actually been confused for each other since their college days.

And they are both well aware of it and acknowledge that they look alike or atleast like sisters...yet people here would have you believe that people who think they look alike are just seeing things heh

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can actually never tell at first sight who it is in a film, I have to squint and go like "oh yeah him .."

w3txe99mwpb41.jpg