• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
G8eU7.gif

Gurl…
lol

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I often read this site whilst naked. Not sure if that changes your opinion of this board OP.

I'm not naked now however.

I sometimes also lie.

DarthKamen

Jun 22, 2023
This place isn't perfect, but I do still really value being here, all the forums I grew up on either died out, or became unbearably toxic. So I' grateful to be here, and to everyone who makes this place what it is.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
when I think about this place, and the person I want to be here, I think about the tag Finale Fireworker chose. All the fucking time. Love each other or die trying. I try to keep that in my head. It's the central argument of this place imho

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This place isn't perfect, but I do still really value being here, all the forums I grew up on either died out, or became unbearably toxic. So I' grateful to be here, and to everyone who makes this place what it is.

Back in the day I was part of a lot of forums but the medium of forums kinda died when social media became a thing, the one comicbook forum I was in switched to a facebook group because they didn't want to moderate and pay for it anymore which is fine but there is no conversations to be had in facebook groups or forums just died or became a wasteland because people moved on with their lives.

I'm glad we still have this place for any of our interests and to talk.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Message boards have been my main source of socialization throughout most of my life, as I don't have many close friends, and the few that I do have live hours if not several states away from me. I've really enjoyed the sense of community and kindness that this place offers.

This forum, as well as before with the previous one, has taught me so much on social issues that I would have been otherwise ignorant or oblivious to, so I want to thank y'all for being compassionate and caring individuals for all people.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's my first go to for gaming (duh) and world news before I browse places Reddit for similar reasons, etc.

Airhead

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had saw an old users profile pic in the wild the other week. Gaborn.
I was searching old gaborn news post and it gave me the realization that it's been nearly a decade since he's passed.

I've only ever used this and the old site as a lurker. But I still very fondly think of some old posters, ones here with us and those who have left. Been a wild ride in the internet over the years and I hope I continue to come here first thing for news.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Same here! I'm checking right now before I get ready for bed; g'night ERA…or good morning depending where you are in the world!😁

…🥱…😴😴😴

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
like any large membership social media, its a little easy to see shitposting, dogpiling and other disappointing behaviours. However overall its not usually too hard to avoid those - avoiding certain subject matter threads and being a little thoughtful about posting helps there I think

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly all the constant blow-ups that never resolve well with leadership here frustrate me more than reasonable and I feel mentally held hostage because I can't replace the news aggregation. Kind of like a slightly less worse Twitter tbh. Glad it works for you though.
I feel so much less informed politically than I was just a few months ago (and even that was far less than a few years ago).

One thing in general that always amazes me is how reliant we all are on the small pool of users that actually create threads. One or two goes missing for a while and there is an immediately noticeable drop in certain thread types or articles being discussed.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I agree! I won't pretend there aren't things that frustrate me here, but I had gotten to the point where no where in the internet felt like a place I could go before I found this forum. I know I'm kind of a non-entity, and when I do post I'm kind of an idiot, but I do genuinely appreciate all of you.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Same here, it brings me back to the good old forum days when I was 10 to 15 years younger.

I do am mostly a reader, because sometimes I have the feeling ERA has become too big. Perfect for reading, but difficult to have meaningful and deep discussions because there is just so much posted that your message is quickly forgotten or overseen. That was better when the forum was a little bit smaller.

But not complaining, I still enjoy the reading.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Solution: always quote someone when you make a post. They're slightly more likely to quote you in response! And it makes everyone else see a world with people conversing.
*takes notes*
I feel the same about people who have posted in my threads.
Yeah, thead replies are another level, especially the ones that raise the bar for the conversation or keep the discussion going.
There are dozens of us! DOZENS!
We are legion, we are beyond number, we are... maybe 40 people lol

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
This site is basically the only place left on the internet. I never post but I'm glad this website exists.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm freezing my ass off and I don't want to turn on the heater so I won't pay extra, but I still love you, OP

Oct 28, 2017
if i had a dime for every time someone on era reached out via dm or discord to talk to me on a personal level and we ended up having a lovely conversation i'd have roughtly 70 cents, which is just enough for me to get a can of coke zero out of my works vending machine

Your job sells Coke Zero for less than a buck? That's dope. (I just started drinking Coke Zero and it's my new favorite choice)

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
Every once in awhile I'll read something that will give me a stroke but overall there's less morons here than the rest of the internet.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
if it wasn't for this board that is always wrong at its sales/tech predictions but reliably homey and accepting, I wouldn't have gotten through the last 9 months of my terrible life. The divorce nearly killed me, I didn't think I would come out on the other side. But checking Era every day gave me somewhere to distract my mind from my troubles, and for that I'm truly grateful.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
This place is ok , some very questionable stuff, but better than most places online I guess.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely feel a sense of community here. When I moved to a new state away from friends, this forum was support, laughs, wisdom and humanity. I begin and end my day here.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
I check this place so often, even for normal news. Sure, there are hot takes I don't agree with, but it's a pretty well-rounded community.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Nice thread! I was hospitalized and very, very sick a couple of weeks ago and the way that the whole Xbox OT wished me well, including some that said they wondered where I had been, really touched me. ERA is also a great news aggregator. Great place, just sucks too much time out of my day, but hey, that's the internet for you :P

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wish I could say the same about this forum after so much bad has happened here over the years, but there are some gooduns and I'm glad you find it positive here.