• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Spider-Man shouldn't be working for Palantir. He was in a very strange political position in that game, and seemed completely jovial doing it.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he's an unlawful vigilante to begin with. Although they seem to tolerate him only one cop is willing to work with him

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Batman is worse, beating small criminals while hoarding all the cash

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
batman-sonar-the-dark-knight-nolan-apple-find-my.jpg

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
Spider-cop is great. As such he should be cracking justice on those dumb drug dealers

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Pretty much everything Spider-Man does is illegal, not sure how this is a surprise.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Concerning Spider-man's pro-NYPD/surveillance state messages

I've been playing Spiderman this week and I can't get over the fact that it completely normalizes a dystopian surveillance state wherein the NYPD (with the help of Oscorp) has some of the most advanced and invasive surveillance towers spread all throughout Manhattan. And you, as Spiderman, not...

Also those drug dealers weren't pedaling weed. It's a side mission that they're working for Tombstone

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The drug dealers were a part of Kingpin's operations. Its not like he was going after Joe Blow selling the weed he grows in his closet.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I've never really liked the high tech aspect where he's working so intimately with the police and his suit has access to all kinds of networks. It feels a lot less like "smart kid haphazardly taking on the evils of NYC" and more like Iron Man or Batman.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really liked the high tech aspect where he's working so intimately with the police and his suit has access to all kinds of networks. It feels a lot less like "smart kid haphazardly taking on the evils of NYC" and more like Iron Man or Batman.
He's an adult man that's been on the job for 8 years and becomes homeless part way through the game.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Don't they all work for kingpin or tombstone? And I'm pretty sure they were dealing other stuff than weed.
Spidey working with the cops? That's happening in the comics all the time.
Agreed on the surveillance tho, that's weird.

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man is a street level super, beating up petty criminals is like a thing. The surveillance comes up periodically in comics but they'd prefer you don't thing about it overmuch.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
When it's you against all of nyc sometimes gotta bend the rules in your fictional super powered universe. That said, while more justifiable, still wrong.

Batman did it to catch a clown with a knife, there's no justification for his big brother operation.

Oct 27, 2017
That's who Spidey is though?

He always had these types of gadgets after graduating. He used to make stuff using scraps.

If anything, the wrong Spidey is the one who gets all his stuff handed to him. Looking at you MCU...

LaTasse

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I found it weirdly disturbing that he is willing to help the police set up a mass surveillance system created by the mayor's private company. Spidey is supposed to be an outsider, not a tool

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I found it weirdly disturbing that he is willing to help the police set up a mass surveillance system created by the mayor's private company. Spidey is supposed to be an outsider, not a tool
Except that technology enabled him to do his job.

Fuck cops, and especially fuck the NYPD
Lighten up, I'm joking about a made up persona.

This is like the people that lectured Tony Hawk about cops because he referenced Officer Dick.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
If I remember right, he criticises Silver Sables Military Force by asking if anyone of them read 1984. That was really funny considering what you do over the entire Game lol. A little hypocritical there Peter

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Good thing it's not a game by Bill Gates then. People would immediately start conspiracy theories.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Feels like every super hero does this these days. It's really convenient for lazy CW style writing. Oh it'd be nice if this character could see through walls. Now his suit has detective vision or we adapted his powers stupidly to have detective vision. Then they always have a super tech support guy/team in the background who hacked the computer system in that 1970s car to set off the alarm and distract the bad guys.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
In a game about a teenager who leaps from buildings and swings on webs and wears a spandex suit THATS the most surprising thing to you? 😂