• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FloatOn

Jan 24, 2018
With Castlevania getting some love in Smash (Simon, Richter, Alucard assist, stage) and season 2 of the Netflix show coming in October. It seems that something of a revival is starting.

I would have never thought this possible but the existence of Bomberman R and now all of this stuff with Smash is giving me hope.

What would you want from a Castlevania R?

I think this hypothetical game would stick closer to the classic game formula. Branching paths and all that like part 3. Maybe the option to play as many characters from games past.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Konami made that clear a while ago already. They discussed franchises they could bring back when talking about Bomberman on Switch and they brought up Castlevania.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It feels incredibly likely that a new console Castlevania is coming soon.

Personally I'd prefer Igavania, but it could just as easily be Classicvania. I'm imagining it as a $20-$30 downloadable title. But then again, they did opt for a budget retail release for Super Bomberman...

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
There was that rumour about the Castlevania Collection and the Castlevania 3 remake that never was shown publicly at E3. I suspect that they exist, but Konami are holding them close to their chest because Hyper Sports R is their big AAA game this year and they don't want its thunder stolen.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I wonder if they have a competent team to even work on a new Vania. No Kojima, no Iga... would it be like Adventure Rebirth? A reboot? A collection with most or all games (except Mirror of Fate games) would be good enough for me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I want something as expansive as SOTN on Switch, PC and PS4. I want Konami to look at what IGA's doing with Bloodstained and outdo him.

I don't think they will, but that's what I want.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I remember them talking about Castlevania for Switch last year after Bomberman came out.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
A port of the classics on switch would be an instant buy from me.

I'd suspect a port to really see how many fans there are, and then a fully fledged game.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I at least want a Collection. Get M2 on that shit.

We STILL don't have a modern means to play Bloodlines outside of the original Genesis/Megadrive release, and that's just SAD.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yes i think so too.

But is it:
-a collection of older titles
-a remake
-a 2.5 hd new title
-a 3d new title

?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seems weird that this is the biggest Castlevania cross promotional push in years, but there's not a significant entry in sight.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems likely, but I doubt it'll be a full fledged $60 title though. Probably a lower priced downloadable game or a collection of older games. Hopefully the Igavanias since theres an entire generation who only grew up with those games and not the older ones, including me. So Im sure theres some demand for them.

How well did the Lords of Shadow games do? I remember the first being popular(I liked it enough myself), but I remember the 2nd one not doing so well. I never bothered to play it for some reason.

Oct 27, 2017
What was the name of that Castlevania game that released near the end of the 360/PS3 life? It was multiplayer, weird, and very fun. I'm trying to see if its backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
I wouldn't be too surprised if they announced the first ever Nintendo version of Symphony of the Night for Switch.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Worth noting aswell that last year Konami mentioned Castlevania as one of the franchises they'd were discussing in reviving similar to Bomberman R, so I definitely think it's on the cards.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Does Konami even give a shit about the Netflix series? I never see them mention or acknowledge it and the show seems about as distant from the IP as it can be while still sharing the name and characters.

SHAQ

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, Florida
Anything short of a collection or HDespair sequel is unacceptable.

And I'll buy whatever they make like a fool.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
could be a classic collection including SotN for the first time off a Playstation console

Edit: Forgot that it actually caused the Xbox Live Arcade to get rid of the mandatory filesizes when it released on Xbox 360

kitsuneyo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
It would certainly make a lot of sense. It's the right time to capitalise while the series' profile is growing. I expect we'll see something in the next 12 months.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I was thinking the same, it 'seems' like a revival may be happening. I'm sure it hasn't escaped their notice the level of interest in something like Bloodstained, so they're leaving money on the table if Castlevania remains dormant.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
There is a new Castlevania coming. It's a mobile game and looks fine.

Doesn't mean we're getting new "real" Castlevania anytime soon. Bloodstained will fill the gap better than anything Konami could come up with.