PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This, give me classicvania style games

I'm good with more Metroidvanias, I just want them to be good. IGA kind of started to copy himself after a while and the games lost their luster, similar to how the retro-style Mega Man revivals from Capcom aren't all that fun because they're more focused on cloning old ideas than introducing new ones.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
There was that rumour about the Castlevania Collection and the Castlevania 3 remake that never was shown publicly at E3. I suspect that they exist, but Konami are holding them close to their chest because Hyper Sports R is their big AAA game this year and they don't want its thunder stolen.

Wait, what? This was a thing? I heard about the collection rumor, but not this....

Omg I would kill for this if done well

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there some behind closed doors Konami event at E3? Did anything ever come of that?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Am I a bad person for wanting a Lords of Shadow 3/reboot? I know it'll never happen... but still.

OP
OP
FloatOn

FloatOn

Jan 24, 2018
I would be fine with a classicvania style game using what we saw in the smash direct. that art direction was on point.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Like 90% sure it's not happening. Konami... 'nuff said

A compilation is about as realistic I'd hang a used piece of dental floss of hope onto

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Dream collection scenario:

Konami X M2

Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam, Xbox One

Castlevania Complete Collection Vol. 1
  • Castlevania (NES/FDS)
  • Vampire Killer (MSX2)
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES/FDS)
  • Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES/VR6)
  • Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
  • Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (PCECD)
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines (SG)
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
  • Castlevania Chronicles (PS1)
  • Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth (Wii)
Castlevania Complete Collection Vol. 2
  • Castlevania: The Adventure (GB/GBC)
  • Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (GB/GBC)
  • Kid Dracula (GB)
  • Castlevania Legends (GB/SGB/SGB)
  • Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
  • Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
  • Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
  • Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
  • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
  • Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
A Castlevania collection with Rondo of Blood and SOTN will sell millions!

Beaten. Yeah, that's basically what Dracula X Chronicles for PSP was (+ an updated version of Rondo). It didn't light any major fires.

With a couple of exceptions, Castlevania has always been a "cult" series, where the games do mediocre to respectable numbers on release, but end up as highly sought after and collectable afterwards.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
If Mega Man in Smash led to Capcom developing MM11, I'd say that we have a similar situation here if something isn't already in development.

They could just outsource the game if not developed internally. There are many companies that would do the franchise justice imho.

A compilation seems like easy money and the rumored remake of CVIII makes a ton of sense considering the Netflix series.

For real?? Man, I need a PSP (gotta check ebay)

The remake of X wasn't the greatest. The port was okay though.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
What I've been wanting for a while and it makes more sense now than it has in years. With the success of the Netflix series, Smash, and the success of Bomberman showing Konami that older franchises can sell well on a modest budget it almost makes too much sense.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With Castlevania getting some love in Smash (Simon, Richter, Alucard assist, stage) and season 2 of the Netflix show coming in October. It seems that something of a revival is starting.

I would have never thought this possible but the existence of Bomberman R and now all of this stuff with Smash is giving me hope.

What would you want from a Castlevania R?

I think this hypothetical game would stick closer to the classic game formula. Branching paths and all that like part 3. Maybe the option to play as many characters from games past.

they are working on a mobile game, that is all

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Castlevania HD was ported to PC with Unity. It's still early(alpha) and done by one guy with no profit that doesnt communicate much, but it plays good and has some nice changes(you can trow potions on the ground for everyone to use, 10 players instead of 6). It's kinda hard to find he only puts links in YT vids.

He has lvl 1-8 done, alternate Drac lvl 6, and 2 new lvls, one is based on the coliseum/arena from SOTN, the other from OoE

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, wow, just checked it on youtube. The remake looks terrible IMHO. Glad that here is the original Rondo in there as well. Well, gotta get me a PSP...

Give the remake a chance. Graphics are typical 2.5D jank, but as a big fan of the original Rondo, I really enjoyed it. But yeah, either way, the original is in there as well.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'd love for this to happen. Castlevania is probably my favorite series in gaming. I'm very impressed by what I saw in Smash as someone who mostly plays with friends once or twice a year. The Direct showed they really care about the series and its history on Nintendo systems.

A collection of the old school games would be a great starting point and something fresh would be the end of me. Knowing Nintendo brought Bayonetta back to life, I have hope that they'd step in to bring the series back even if it's only on a Nintendo system.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dracula x chronicles is an amazing package, it's pretty underrated because of being on PSP, but it's worth getting.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to see Bloodlines re-released on something so I don't have to keep dusting off the Genesis any time I want to play it.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Castlevania was showing so much promise with Ecclesia after it had been stuck in a rut for so long. It's a shame we never get a proper follow up to it. Fingers crossed for Bloodstained but I am not very confident.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought it was foolish that with the Netflix show happening their wasn't some kind of game tie in. Now with Smash happening it really seems weird.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
As It happened with Megaman, Castlevania can continue with new talent at the helm. Just need real care from Konami.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
Castlevania was showing so much promise with Ecclesia after it had been stuck in a rut for so long. It's a shame we never get a proper follow up to it. Fingers crossed for Bloodstained but I am not very confident.
I completely agree with this. Ecclesia was my favorite of the Igavanias by far. They finally brought back the old school difficulty and the structure of the game was a nice middle ground between the Igavanias and the Classicvanias. I was really looking forward to what would come next. Unfortunately... Judgement... then basically nothing.