• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Are these series still going? I abandoned both animes eventually, the manga as well. I wonder if I should go back. I remeber the sisters arc and it was good the first time I read it. Eventually watching it and felt like the other manga rehashed some parts of it and I didn't care about it anymore.

Maybe I'll start railgun again at some point because index was waaaay weaker to me.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Seems like most people say railgun is better but you just made me way more hyped to finish index, seemed like it had a good mix of both science and magic from the first few episodes that I watched.

Railgun is 'neater' I think, it's more easier to understand.

Index has a lot more rules to learn, but gives more interesting premise/problems with it.

But yeah I prefer the larger scale of the conflict in Index.

Are these series still going? I abandoned both animes eventually, the manga as well. I wonder if I should go back. I remeber the sisters arc and it was good the first time I read it. Eventually watching it and felt like the other manga rehashed some parts of it and I didn't care about it anymore.

Maybe I'll start railgun again at some point because index was waaaay weaker to me.

Yes, both series are still on going.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Thought they would be don't by now. The more I reminisce about the manga, the more Im curious about where it is now. Now that I'm caught up on MHA I'll probably start reading it if I have time

I've been out of touch for awhile as well.

I know Index manga has just recently surpassed the events where the Index Anime Season 2 has left off. In my opinion, if you ever decide to give the series another chance you should catch up with the manga instead. Overall pacing and visual direction is better in the manga imo.

Railgun manga I have not been following at all since they did their version of the sports festival arc. I have zero clue what is happening there now.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually confused in the order your suppose to watch this show because of your OP, you watxhed part of season 1 and then stopped to watch the spinoff? Which contains the best arc and you plan to finish 1 and then go to 2

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm actually confused in the order your suppose to watch this show because of your OP, you watxhed part of season 1 and then stopped to watch the spinoff? Which contains the best arc and you plan to finish 1 and then go to 2

The certain events of Index and Railgun overlapped chronologically, and the arc the OP is talking about in particular is from a different character's perspective of the same thing.

But it's absolutely not necessary to watch the show like that.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The certain events of Index and Railgun overlapped chronologically, and the arc the OP is talking about in particular is from a different character's perspective of the same thing.

But it's absolutely not necessary to watch the show like that.
How do you recommend I tackle it, and is the series on crunchyroll?

OP
OP

Deleted member 23908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah there was a super detailed post on reddit I used where his viewing order breaks down all the episodes chronologically so if you use his order everything will apparently flow since I think Railgun is sort of a prequel and then Railgun S picks up after episode 9.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
How do you recommend I tackle it, and is the series on crunchyroll?

Just follow the air time is fine.

Index 1
Railgun 1
Index 2
Railgun 2

I don't know if it's on crunchyroll, but if you can't get it the mangas are a solid alternative. I got into the Index manga first before anything and I think it's better than the Anime in it's pacing. Same with the Railgun manga because the Railgun Anime has a lot of filler.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there was a super detailed post on reddit I used where his viewing order breaks down all the episodes chronologically so if you use his order everything will apparently flow since I think Railgun is sort of a prequel and then Railgun S picks up after episode 9.
Just follow the air time is fine.

Index 1
Railgun 1
Index 2
Railgun 2

I don't know if it's on crunchyroll, but if you can't get it the mangas are a solid alternative. I got into the Index manga first before anything and I think it's better than the Anime in it's pacing. Same with the Railgun manga because the Railgun Anime has a lot of filler.
Thanks guys

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This isn't the _____ arc from ______!

Am I doing this right?

On topic, I will say the sisters arc is definitely the best arc of the Index/Railgun series that got animated anyway. Haven't read any of the rest so I'm not sure if it gets better from there.

My only complaint is watching it from the Railgun side, Touma comes the fuck out of nowhere into the arc and almost feels like a Deus Ex Machina.

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
not even 2 episodes into this shit and i'm already seeing 12 year old girls fondle each other

nah, i think i'll pass on this one

OP
OP

Deleted member 23908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
not even 2 episodes into this shit and i'm already seeing 12 year old girls fondle each other

nah, i think i'll pass on this one
Push through, it'll be worth it trust me. As a bare minimum watch index episodes 1-9 and then skip to railgun s if you just want to see the arc I'm talking about.