• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
He inadvertently lets slip that Palpatine wasn't the plan for the ST all along by relaying what JJ said.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ironically enough he confirms within the first few sentences that Palpatine was never originally the plan and Abrams only asked him about a year ago if he was even interested in returning.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
let the past die kill it if you have to

haha jk dig up every crypt keeper from 1980. lol

You see, I thought this line was Kylo turning and dropping his quest when it comes to continuing Vader's streak. I guess we will find out in ROS. I don't think we have ever heard on screen Vader talking to him, we just see him talking to his burnt mask.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
im only seeing the idiotic interview threads, and theyre hardly even about star wars itself

i thought it was all misdirection

It seems entirely creatively bankrupt and fanservicey... And it absolutely is.

I didn't believe it either, when I first read it months ago.

But nope. That's where we're at now.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
im only seeing the idiotic interview threads, and theyre hardly even about star wars itself

i thought it was all misdirection
81e.gif

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's funny that he sort of slipped up and admitted that the Emperor wasn't originally in the cards.

Still, him coming back as (hopefully) legit scary not-a-joke Palpatine has me interested.

Oct 25, 2017
I was bummed about them bringing Palpatine back, but I have gotten myself to the point of being able to think "yeah this is dumb that they're bringing him back" while also eagerly anticipating every line he's gonna deliver.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
He inadvertently lets slip that Palpatine wasn't the plan for the ST all along by relaying what JJ said.

That's not really news. Colin Trevorrow has said that Palpatine wasn't in the movie when he was still working on it. That's something JJ came up with when he was hired.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for him to get cut in half and still appear again in the new future trilogy. This franchise is creatively bankrupt.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Once it's said and done I do wonder if we'll ever see what the roadmap looked like before they decided to bring in Sheev.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's the only real option left to them after TLJ prematurely concluded plot lines.

I will admit, at the end of TLJ I felt absolutely nothing.

The only plot line left was Rey and Kylo, and I'm not sure that would be enough to carry an entire movie.

Guess JJ had to do something, you're not wrong.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
A teeny bit of fanservice and wish fulfilment is what I wanted from this sequel trilogy in the first place, so I wont criticize this move no matter how hacked together it all is.

Bring on the sheev

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was bummed about them bringing Palpatine back, but I have gotten myself to the point of being able to think "yeah this is dumb that they're bringing him back" while also eagerly anticipating every line he's gonna deliver.

I mean, that's the thing. It's not IAN'S fault that JJ Abrams is a catastrophically uncreative pile of bad ideas. Ian's going to do a fine job with whatever bullshit JJ gives him.

Oct 26, 2017
This is the single worst thing to have happened to Star Wars. But ofc, a couple of shitty memes makes people want to see the movie just for Palpatine.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, Iā€™m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Palpatine was in the works from the beginning, but I think once Rian got rid of Snoke it probably was something the story group wanted to explore. It was probably a relief actually. Snoke didn't really serve any purpose thematically. Palpatine at least can have a purpose that serves the themes of the overarching Skywalker saga: