BlueBrand

Oct 28, 2017
The ones that hurt the most are,

Prey 2
Garou Mark of the Wolves 2
WWF Backlash

and does the original idea that was sold for Cyberpunk 2077 count? cause that.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Prey 2. It looked awesome and wish it had actually come out.
Star Wars 1313. The initial reveal looked really good.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being curious about this type of stuff, but after games like Cyberpunk it's no longer something I wish for a game I really wanted to play, it would just kill it for me.

I would have said that Final Fantasy 11 remake game that was coming to mobile, but now I'd pick something I'm just curious about but not interested in. Something like Too Human 2, or whatever Silicon Knights was trying to make.

Or Half Life 3, I don't care about it anymore, it's been well over a decade. I just want to know if there was a plan to tie Portal's story into it. Did Freeman team up with Chell?

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
Fable Legends.

I put so much time into the game. I really wish everyone could have tried it.

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
I was going to say Pathologic 2 with the Bachelor and Changeling paths included but looks like it may still be possible, though only the Bachelor path is confirmed so far. I'd say the final game looks overall much better than what is displayed in this demo. However, we never got the detailed and deliberately slow gun loading animation.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
The original concept for Splinter Cell: Conviction. Sure, it was a major departure from the standard idea of what Splinter Cell was supposed to be, but the apparent interactivity, and social stealth, if done correctly, could have been incredible.

Yes, some of its concepts definitely ended up in Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs, but it seemed that Conviction was going to be something more. Something more Hitmanesque.

What we ended up getting... Blah.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Resident Evil 1.5 in Capcom's vision. While I no doubt think RE2 is one of the best games ever and my personal favorite, I am still curious about what their entire version of this would look like and not the fan reconstructed versions etc. I'm sure RE2 would still be better, as a hardcore RE fan I wanna experience it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
A build of Super Mario 64 from anywhere between the Shoshinkai '95 demo and before it really started to transition into the final release.

Jul 25, 2020
Of course Silent Hills is the right answer but also seeing Eight Days would have been great. I think Sony were wrong to cancel that title.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Mega Man Legends 3. I believe that needs no explanation.

Alternatively, Maverick Hunter X. It was a first person shooter MegaMan X and I think it showed some promise.

DeniroSerafim

Apr 5, 2018

Definitely Donkey Kong Racing. The idea of leveling up your animal buddies in a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing sounds way too fun, really is a shame this game never materialized. I always imagined it working like the Chao Garden from the Sonic Adventure games.

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
The version of FF7 where you're a private eye

My first thought was one of the other RE4s though, or one of the RE2s

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Besides Mega Man Legends 3, Chocobo Racing for the 3DS

it had straight up combat, it looks wild

Oct 26, 2017
Donkey Kong Racing.

Man I'm still so sad this never got the chance to see the light of day on GC due to Rare being bought by MS.

I hope someday real gameplay will surface, as apparently a functional multiplayer build was made?

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Some stuff already mentioned like Starcraft Ghost and 1313.

But, to add something...

thelas3.jpg

The cancelled The Last Ninja for PSX. Having loved the C64 games (the first one was the first game I ever bought) I became all giddy inside when I first saw these back in the days. I'd love to play a new one. Would be perfect for the Switch.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Either True Fantasy Live Online
713.jpg

I was so excited for this game! I remember seeing a big preview in the Official Xbox Magazine. Would have been my first MMO. It was cancelled just a few months before WoW arrived, which I ended up getting instead!

EDIT: I got too excited about TFLO and forgot my own submission! I would have loved to see how the FFVIII remake for the PS2 would have turned out. Square announced they were remaking VII—IX back then!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Deep Down, the concept trailer looked like a more intense Dark Souls.

I also would love to play the fully realized MGSV.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
90s Arcade Racer

And we never got any actual gameplay, but I was pretty excited about Donkey Kong Racing

That DK Racing trailer is a bit sad since if I'm not mistaken 2 or 3 months after they announced the deal with MS...What could've been if Nintendo had kept the partnership with Rare.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
B.C. (that prehistoric caveman game from the original Xbox)

Damn I remember being crazy hyped for the Halo 2, Project Ego and BC trio of xbox games as a teen, spending the afternoons trying to get any new info on the internet and imagining playing them. All ended up in huge disappointment somewhat and shaped how I anticipated games from that point forward.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Too many to name..

- Scalebound
- Star Wars: 1313
- Timesplitters 4
- Silent Hills
- Prey 2
- Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun
- Mega Man Legends 3
- Conker's Other Bad Day
- Capcom Fighting All-Stars

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I mean, I just started working on hacking The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening to use the leaked prototype map (based on ALttP), so I guess that's my answer.