Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Forgot to mention

e927cf67216e47dc3c7054efe25514005a513b1466a9a89f8178dbab9ec47b32_1.jpg

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
Prey 2 looked really cool at the time, watching the video now it doesn't seem nearly as impressive but it was and is my dream game.

May 17, 2019
I consider myself an IPL fan, and this is completely new to me. Have any reference material I can look at to learn about this mysterious game? I didn't see anything from a cursory search (and don't currently speak Russian).

The game title could also be translated at "Frost." I mostly only have the text translated from the Pathologic discord, but the game would have been a sci-fi romance story. The devs cited A Song of Ice and Fire as a primary inspiration.

Edit: Page 51
archive.org

In The Society Of Dead Poets (English) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Scanned, translated and archived article from the second edition of the (now defunct) Swedish video game magazine Fienden. Originally published in 2013, the...

Last edited:

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
The game title could also be translated at "Frost." I mostly only have the text translated from the Pathologic discord, but the game would have been a sci-fi romance story. The devs cited A Song of Ice and Fire as a primary inspiration.

Edit: Page 51
archive.org

In The Society Of Dead Poets (English) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Scanned, translated and archived article from the second edition of the (now defunct) Swedish video game magazine Fienden. Originally published in 2013, the...

Awesome, thanks! I love hearing the studio's behind the scenes stories, even if some of it (like their previous office being in a morgue or something) was apocryphal.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
There's no real guarantee it would have been good, but Pokémon Z seems like it probably at least had potential. A well executed third version could have done wonders for X and Y.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
For me was that 8 days demo from PS3 reveal.
The level of some animations in that demo is still not achieved in gaming nowadays.

star wars 1313 and deep down are other 2 cool demos I would love to play.

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
Mother n64! I remember the screens from it looked very interesting, and I would love to see the Mother formula in 3D.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I want the original vision with the budget and time that Nomura wants without interruption.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I just started working on hacking The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening to use the leaked prototype map (based on ALttP), so I guess that's my answer.

Hope you make a thread for this! It's one of the coolest beta things I've seen. I really should play the Pokémon Gold hack that turns it into the Spaceworld demo.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Hope you make a thread for this! It's one of the coolest beta things I've seen. I really should play the Pokémon Gold hack that turns it into the Spaceworld demo.
It won't be a quick process. Link's Awakening is an ugly modding process as the visuals and collision are handled separately rather than being tied to the visual tiles.

In fact, I've considered fudging it and using one of the Oracle games since the tools are better. The issues is the differences in item pools as well as how interior areas are handled (one screen vs scrolling). In a way, the scrolling interiors would fit with the ALttP port premise, so it might be better for me to just go that route.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, too many.

Silent Hills
Zone of the Enders 3
Garou: Mark of the Wolves 2
Capcom vs. SNK 3
Street Fighter 3-4
Resident Evil Outbreak cancelled episodes
Resident Evil 0 (N64)
Onimusha (PS1)
Maximo 3
City of Metronome
Van Buren Fallout 3
Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound
Journey to the Centre of Arcanum

Despite being an RE fan, I'm not all that keen on playing the cancelled versions of RE4 or RE2, to be honest. With one exception. I'd love to play whatever existed of Kamiya's RE4 before they made the shift to Devil May Cry.

Last edited: