• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
The unprofessional piece on Rod Rosentein is a long list of reporting NYT seems committed to keeping putting out; jeopardizing our democracy by obstructing or misrepresenting facts. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. I know they grew a lot of subscriptions in 2016 and 2017, and the only way I could see anyone get the message up their on their editorial board is if their subscriptions start dropping.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Any good recommendations for a nice news segment in the morning when I tell Alexa to play my flash briefing?

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Out of ll the bullshit that is out there I find it incredibly stupid that liberals keep picking NYT as a target. Sure, some of the reporting they do is not up to journalistic standards, but it's still way better than 90% of news sources out there.

The reaction to Rosentein story is especially weird. I mean is anyone doubting that it's true? What's your issue with it?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
yup they were my go to news source, now they seem to be trying to do everything they can to stay in the WH to sell papers. fuck em

Darryl M R

Oct 25, 2017
Out of ll the bullshit that is out there I find it incredibly stupid that liberals keep picking NYT as a target. Sure, some of the reporting they do is not up to journalistic standards, but it's still way better than 90% of news sources out there.

The reaction to Rosentein story is especially weird. I mean is anyone doubting that it's true? What's your issue with it?
Sounds like there is 10% worth reading instead.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we're done with the whole "support NY Times because Trump is tough on them!" shtick. They don't deserve everyone's cheer-leading.

Darryl M R

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News is trying to dismiss it as always. Not sure what point you are making. Do you really not believe the story?
MSNBC says it has sources of people in the room who said it was an obvious sarcastic joke. NYT says it primary sources were not in the room.

NPR News Hour. It's updated hourly with new segments and only lasts 4 minutes.
That's what I listen to now but I enjoy a longer briefing while eating breakfast.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
That he mentioned taping him as a joke?
That after talking to Trump for 5 minutes any sane human being would say that this person should be impeached and that we need as many evidence that Trump is delusional as possible. I don't doubt that there are weekly meetings in justice department where people share the most insane Trump recordings, because why not? Freaking Omarosa taped Trump in white house.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: hostility, inflammatory community generalization
Hahahahahaha. So they are no longer #resistance? What about WaPo? Are they the resistance now?

This place is fucking dumb as shit sometimes.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any good recommendations for a nice news segment in the morning when I tell Alexa to play my flash briefing?

NPR has one. They also have a 10-15 minute podcast in the morning that I listen to on my way to work which does a deeper dive.

Hahahahahaha. So they are no longer #resistance? What about WaPo? Are they the resistance now?

This place is fucking dumb as shit sometimes.

giphy.gif

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I like the Times especially their stuff exposing Weinstein and the various predators in general. No one else touched that shit except Ronan and the New Yorker. I don't agree with everything in the paper but that's ok.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not canceling the news every time they report shit I don't like or in a way I don't like. I'd be changing news services every week. Ain't got times for that.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the news and therefore it must have an agenda !

Seriously, no one ever complained when NYT leaked the chaos from inside the white House or reports on Trump's dirty laundry but for one time it paints the other side in a bad light (even if it was a joke and Trump was looking for an excuse anyway) it's suddenly all bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Giving blind, complete support to any news organization is pointless.

Their Iraq War coverage should have been more than enough for people to be skeptical of them, doesn't mean they don't have good journalists in their ranks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trojita

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017

Seriously, no one ever complained when NYT leaked the chaos from inside the white House or reports on Trump's dirty laundry but for one time it paints the other side in a bad light (even if it was a joke and Trump was looking for an excuse anyway) it's suddenly all bad.
Most reporting on the inside of the white house appears to be factual. This was a bumbling on a piece and misrepresenting it. That has severe consequences.

NYT even admits that the people their anonymous witnesses weren't even in the room with Rosenstein.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

They were responsible for the War in Iraq

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No news source is your ally. They're all big businesses, and as organizations, their only interests are accruing wealth.

Business are not your friends, even if they're on your side. Just because Trump's media crusade is heinous doesn't mean they're heroes all of a sudden.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But I really like "The Daily" podcast. Though I do agree the paper has sadly tuned into a rag. Some if there reporter covet their access more than reporting factually and that is a real shame.

Wapo is so much better. I wish they did a comprehensive morning podcast instead of just a quick 7 minute daily thought.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
NYT had historically been shitty, because they are the status quo Mag. And when you are talking issues like:

Nazis pre and during WW2
Vietnam
The Iraq War
Etc.

They have messed up a lot. It's partially why the Post is so important.

They do get it right in many cases though. But to me, I can't fuck with a status quo mag, because the US status quo has always sucked.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most reporting on the inside of the white house appears to be factual. This was a bumbling on a piece and misrepresenting it. That has severe consequences.

NYT even admits that the people their anonymous witnesses weren't even in the room with Rosenstein.
And knowing this, this is how they framed it and solid as a top news story that showed up in app alerts and every feed :

Rod Rosenstein once proposed secretly taping President Trump and removing him via the 25th Amendment.

That's some gutter level reporting, and an editor should be out of a job, not taking credit for it.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
So, deliberately obtuse it is then. Because that's not what I'm doing.
So if you not defending Rosentein that means you are OK with NYT portraying Rosentein in slightly different light than MSNBC? Because I truly don't understand why people give a shit if Rosentein was serious about impeaching and taping Trump. I think bigger news was always that Trump is such a shitty president that his appointee was considering/joking about about impeaching and taping him within days of appointment.