WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to (because I'm cheap and could use just use Twitter), then they gave me three months free. Anyway, most news websites are going to funnel in some BS. This thread is weird.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, not doing it at the moment. There is probably one story or OP ed every 1-2 months that doesn't sit right with me, but dozens of great ones come out a day. Not to mention Cooking, crosswords, and A.O Scott's reviews. And you know what? I'm sick of Trump and his base trying to kill it in a medium that is already struggling.

So no, I'm going to ignore the hyperbole by certain users on this forum against them and keep subscribing for now. Even if I want Habberman gone.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah... not gonna do that. Perfectly happy with NYT, and especially the magazine. Just read their recent piece on poverty in America ("Americans Want to Believe Jobs Are the Solution to Poverty. They're Not."), it was pretty great. I want to keep supporting this kind of reporting.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
I remember the horseshit that went on during the Iraq War and with Judith Miller. Not to be trusted.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm only 21 but I thought the NYtimes was like the New Yorker in that both vehemently condemned the Iraq War? Am I wrong?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Child sit down, and listen. NYTimes was the mouth piece that justified the iraq war
Damn I remember skimming both as a kid and guess I got them mixed up. Did they eventually turn against it or am I just remembering the New Yorker satirize the shit out of it

Technosteve

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2014/07/01/how-the-iraq-war-still-haunts-new-york-times/199946

Here's what the Times left out of its Chalabi story today and here's what the newspaper continues to grapple with eleven years after President Bush ordered the costly invasion of Iraq: Chalabi was reportedly the main source of bogus information that former Times reporter Judith Miller used in her thoroughly discredited work about Iraq's supposedly brimming stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. It was Chalabi who wove Saddam Hussein fiction and it was Miller, then a widely respected Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, who gave it the Times stamp approval as the paper did its part to lead the nation to war. (Miller is now a Fox News contributor.)