• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
star-wars-3-1560x880.jpg

Recently, Ubisoft, through its website , has detailed in depth the famous 'Season Pass' that we see in many games lately. Well, this has been the straw that broke the camel's back for many users (including myself) to get angry with such a decision (be careful, this is not the first time we have seen something like this).

• Well, in case you want to play this mission, you must have access to the Season Pass , which is included in both the Gold Edition and the Ultimate Edition 😅
  • These editions have a price in the PS Store of about €119.99 and €139.99 respectively 😵
  • This means that, in order to play this exclusive Season Pass mission, you will have to spend all that money
  • Yes, this Season Pass can be purchased separately , but let's not forget that this mission could perfectly be in the base game without having to spend a single € more 🤐

imagen-2024-04-12-133645724-1220x524.jpg

areajugones.sport.es

Si quieres acceder a la misión de Jabba en Star Wars Outlaws, tendrás que pagar 119 € para poder jugarla

La comunidad se muestra muy enfadada tras la decisión tomada por Ubisoft para una simple misión

Ubisoft Response

"To clarify, Jabba the Hutt and the Hutt Cartel are one of the main syndicates in Star Wars Outlaws and will be part of the experience for everyone who purchases the game, regardless of edition," a Ubisoft spokesperson said in a statement to Eurogamer. "The 'Jabba's Gambit' mission is an optional, additional mission with the Hutt Cartel along Kay and Nix's journey across the Outer Rim. This mission will be available to those who purchase the season pass or an edition of the game which includes the season pass."

Last edited:

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
And that's why you don't defend these shitty early access editions with arguments like "it's not taking anything away from other players, it's just to play a few days earlier".

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
That is crappy. My advice? It's a Ubisoft game, so wait for the inevitable deep discount if you really want to play the game and this mission. Or vote with your wallet and don't buy or play it at all.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I get missions and stuff being added after release, free or paid depending on the scope and what have you, but I think it's a jerk move to lock stuff that's otherwise going to be there day one behind an extra paywall.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Oh dear Ubisoft, as a huge Star Wars fan i'm not going to bother at launch, looks really uninspired and does not have the charm of the Jedi series.

IonMagus

Banned
Feb 18, 2021
Aint no way Ubisoft will Survive this year financially. This is another flop in the making

Ratuso

Nov 27, 2021
Recently, Ubisoft, through its website , has detailed in depth the famous 'Season Pass' that we see in many games lately

There have been Season Passes for a very long time... In fact they were more prominent years ago, when games had more DLCs instead of free updates.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
So we've gone from $60 to $70 but now you need to have the uber edition to get the true day one experience? I don't even mean getting early access, I mean they are locking off content unless you pay them more.

Fuck this garbage.

Some companies have basically started selling their games for more than double what they did last gen.

Wtfpigeons

Aug 6, 2020
These practises just keep getting worse. Always gone for day 1 games but honestly I'm just going to wait on this one.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
It's sad, because since it's Star Wars people will pay it… and then they'll just be encouraged to do this for all of the rest of their games moving forward.

Luckily this is Ubisoft we are talking about, and as folks on this thread have already astutely pointed out they can't resist massively discounting their games after a few weeks… anyone with some patience knows just to give it a month or two and they'll be able to pick it all up for like $40.

That said this trend is still awful to see because (if successful) it only makes the practice more likely to spread to other companies that don't instantly price drop.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
While that is shitty it is also worth noting that Jabba is a regular part of the base game and you probably have many missions you can do for him/the huts.
This is just an additional mission that you get through Jabba.

Not defending it, but the Headline could make you think that Jabba is exclusive to this mission.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, for single player Ubisoft/EA games I want to play, I've always just got a month of their subscription service, play and finish the game, then cancel the service. The sub comes with the extra stuff.

I think both Ubisoft and EA gamble that I'll just forget about the sub and let it keep renewing, but seeing how I just want to play one game from them every 12 months or so, I just cancel the sub when I finish or uninstall the game.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Nah, for single player Ubisoft/EA games I want to play, I've always just got a month of their subscription service, play and finish the game, then cancel the service. The sub comes with the extra stuff.

I think both Ubisoft and EA gamble that I'll just forget about the sub and let it keep renewing, but seeing how I just want to play one game from them every 12 months or so, I just cancel the sub when I finish or uninstall the game.
just cancel right after you sub, you'll still have your month and no risk of forgetting.

IonMagus

Banned
Feb 18, 2021
What's that based on?

"Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora can't boast about its sales as well: it has accumulated 1.9 million players ($133m in revenue), which is nearly not as much as some other Massive Entertainment games make."

This also includes people playing this via Ubisoft+ so its even worse. I also forgot about Skull and Bones which reportedly cost 200 Million to develop lol

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Disgusting. On top of that they will throw in-game stores for cosmetics, online requirement to install the game, and if you buy on PC, an extra shitty launcher so that they can shove yet another store in your face.

Will play when its dirt cheap or in a subscription service.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
How much is the season pass alone? Because I'm iffy about the title.

"Could have been in the base game" isn't a good justification for half truths.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
On the one hand, this is infuriating. Especially as the last trailer implies its part of the core game.

On the other hand, it makes the story trailer thread, full of people complaining about Jabba being in the game, feel even more ridiculous when it's a superfluous piece of DLC that doesn't impact the story.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think we should probably clarify some of this.

Jabba's Gambit is a side mission available with purchase of the season pass. This isn't new by Ubisoft standards at all, the have been doing these incentives with Assassins Creed for a long time now

This isn't the only Jabba related content in the game, Jabba is a main character to the plot this is just a side mission.

The season pass is available separately and not locked behind buying either edition of the game, Jabbas Gambit is the first bit of content within the season pass.

This feels like a bit of outrage bait to be honest.

Games cost £60-£70 now and typical season passes retail for £30-£40 so yeah the £94.99 cost seems inline with what you'd pay for a game plus a season pass.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like regular ubisoft deluxe edition nonsense, but now with the $70 price tag being the baseline.

Guess what, it's still continues to be terrib.e

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Will grab the Ultimate version in four years on Steam for 75% off.
That's the only way I support Ubisoft.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
"Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora can't boast about its sales as well: it has accumulated 1.9 million players ($133m in revenue), which is nearly not as much as some other Massive Entertainment games make."

This also includes people playing this via Ubisoft+ so its even worse. I also forgot about Skull and Bones which reportedly cost 200 Million to develop lol

Ah I see, thanks. I kind of figured it didn't do well but didn't think he had anything official about it

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
This was the only Ubisoft game I was interested in, normally I just buy the base game and ignore season passes, skins etc but no way am I supporting this crap.

Not even going to subscribe to Ubisoft plus since that's clearly what they want everyone to do .

I'll buy this in a deep deep sale

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
How much is the season pass alone? Because I'm iffy about the title.

"Could have been in the base game" isn't a good justification for half truths.

I just checked and weirdly enough it's not purchasable on its own right now, only available via these bundles.

This will likely change after release but considering AAA Season Passes often cos 40€ and the base gaming being 80€, 120€ for the edition containing the Season Pass does seem to make sense.

The issue here really is both the "early access" and the Jabba mission being exclusive to this bundle at launch.

Jabba's Gambit is a side mission available with purchase of the season pass. This isn't new by Ubisoft standards at all, the have been doing these incentives with Assassins Creed for a long time now

This isn't the only Jabba related content in the game, Jabba is a main character to the plot this is just a side mission.

The season pass is available separately and not locked behind buying either edition of the game, Jabbas Gambit is the first bit of content within the season pass.

At least on Xbox, the Seasons Pass is not purchasable separately: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/star-wars-outlaws-season-pass/9PKWNDT19QK5/0010

Last edited:

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I think we should probably clarify some of this.

This feels like a bit of outrage bait to be honest.

Games cost £60-£70 now and typical season passes retail for £30-£40 so yeah the £94.99 cost seems inline with what you'd pay for a game plus a season pass.
I'm not an Ubi fan and I haven't bought any of their games in 15 yrs, and I still think the way this discussion is framed is deceptive. Be better, people.

reksveks

May 17, 2022
Pay for the edition/game that you want and if the content on offer isn't worth it, wait for a sale or don't buy.

This is entirely subjective. And the Iine about 'this mission being something that could in the main game' is very much a slippery slope.

Last edited:

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Aint no way Ubisoft will Survive this year financially. This is another flop in the making

What ? The first big open world Star Wars game by one of the biggest selling publishers ? It's going to sell gangbusters and people are going to eat up those overpriced editions (which apparently are the best selling versions of the game currently).