• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
How does this even benefit Sony? All it does is incentivize players to make new accounts that can't make any purchases on PSN. It's not like we couldn't make all of our purchases on PC/iOS this whole time anyway.

Pand

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is unacceptable, I have an account with a battlepass I've used once on a PS4 at a friend's house, the rest of the dozens of hours I've played Fortnite have been on pc. Now my shit is getting held hostage?

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
There is no defending this.

Blocking cross-play, sure...but this is the definition of anti-consumer.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I am not creating a new Epic account, my current PC one has everything on it, but is held hostage because I tried the PSN version once. Abysmal patter from Sony.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Guess i shouldn't have downloaded the game to try two days ago to see if i would like it for when it came to switch.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking Sony.
One thing is not having cross-play with other platforms, it is scummy and shit, but this is outright punishing people.
Fuck whoever decided this was acceptable.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
How does this even benefit Sony? All it does is incentivize players to make new accounts that can't make any purchases on PSN. It's not like we couldn't make all of our purchases on PC/iOS this whole time anyway.

Locks the players that played most of their time on a PS4 into the PS4 version of Fortnite. As many likely won't want to lose all their progress and anything they purchased in that version.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
This is genuinely beyond excusable. I mean, not allowing crossplay is one thing, but this is just a joke

Stupid Sexy Flanders

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know who at Sony to speak to about this?
This is rubbish I can't use any of the stuff I bought on my PC because I used it once on my PS4 before battle royale even came out.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
This happened when I moved my Xbox account to the PS4. I guess I'll have to create a new account on the Switch. Thanks Sony.

GitarooMan

Oct 27, 2017
How do you de-link your PS4 account? I'd gladly do that if it fixes this garbage.

EDIT: Fuck you so hard, Sony.

2JAu7xT
Yeah so i don't think I was fully clear. In my scenario I had played on Xbox and wanted to play on PS4 and it wouldn't let me. So I had to delink my PSN and make a new Epic account specifically for PS4

In the scenario people are talking about here (having already played on PS4 and moving to Switch) I believe the only solution is making a new Epic account for Switch. Obviously no purchases and progression will carry over. It sucks.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Yeah, I'm honestly avoiding their platform altogether now. I'll drop in for an exclusive every now and then but the vast majority of my money is now going to Microsoft and Nintendo. Sony once again showing their true colors.

It's worse for me because I don't even like 95% of their exclusives (they all look so similar, and most have really disappointed me, except Bloodborne), plus my Pro sounds like it is about to explode when I play an enhanced game. Shet like this just adds to the layer of crap.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't able to log into my Epic account on PS4 because it had been previously used on an Xbox one time.

Luckily I was just able to use my account on Switch though, so I really lucked out this time.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony you are winning this gen by a landslide, just allow crossplay FFS.

Stop being insecure!

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
This is the fucking worst. Fuck you, Sony. Because I played on a PS4 (on an account that I mainly play on PC, and is cross-platform compatible with the Switch), I can't play on Switch. I would gladly un-link my PS4 from my account if it meant I could play on Switch.

Dfgf22lVAAANUO1.jpg
Wow they fucking called them out. LMAO

Oct 30, 2017
Whats crazy is, Fortnite is basically the biggest game in the world right now .. right? This has implications, and may actually damage the Sony brand. To what degree and for how long is unknown, but if the first page in this thread on an enthusiast forum who are likely more sympathetic has people up in arms you can surely guarantee that consumers in the wild are going to be livid.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Fucking Sony.. Their instance on cross-platform support is so bullish and anti-consumer.

I really hope that Nintendo and Microsoft don't mess up next gen and we have competition back.. It's the only way to get Sony to think about consumers.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
And if you ever log your Switch account into Fortnite without linking an EPIC account, you will never ever been able to do it afterwards. Your Nintendo account is burned then.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
This shit is annoying.

I've held off on the battle pass as i play on both xbox and ps4. Plan on playing on the Switch too.

Will it work between Xbox and switch?