• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Get your first look at uncut gameplay from the upcoming narrative adventure game Star Trek: Resurgence, in which Ambassador Spock gives you a mission debriefing. Star Trek: Resurgence is our IGN First game for March, meaning we'll be covering it all month long. It's due out later this year for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox from Kevin Bruner and his team of ex-Telltale developers at Dramatic Labs.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Pretty solid production values for a Telltale-ish thing. The old-school Trek fan in me also enjoys that it's all just people sitting around talking about stuff without any explosions.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
They somehow managed to create a perfect middle ground between Zachary Quinto's Spock and Nimoy's. I can see both. And the voice is great too!
Very interested in this.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
TNG Trek looking good and modern enough. Will definitely play this. We need more Star Trek games.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for this. It was almost cathartic to see a group of Starfleet folks sitting around a table having a regular ass briefing.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed. It looks and sounds great but also is very much Trek. The choices popping up like they do are a bit jarring but overall looking solid. Their Spock is a stand out.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'll do my part to get more Trek games. Not much of an adventure game person but I'll take what I can get.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
My interest has definitely been piqued.

It still looks a bit rough, and I hope they will tighten up the stiff feeling of the animations, and the facial animations when talking, but this looks very promising. Man, that Spock is spot-on. I wonder who voiced it, because damn.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, that's basically a TNG episode plot.

Kind of surprised they're making Spock a big part of the story, but hey, I'm down.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
That's one of the most Star Trek-y things I've seen in a good long while. Very excited to see more.

Yup, that's basically a TNG episode plot.

Kind of surprised they're making Spock a big part of the story, but hey, I'm down.

Yuuuuuuuup, just needs a 'Captain's Log' at the start over a shot of the ship, with the theme music at the end of that clip, and it's absolutely a TNG episode.

MikeBluesky

Nov 27, 2017
No shooting and Star Trek talks? Is it possible that I lived long enough to see this happen? Please gods, let me have it!

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot more Star Trekky than I was expecting, excited now!

And yeah, that VA is doing a really good Nimoy impersonation.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
God that subtle background music gives me Mass Effect Vibes (which are Star Trek Vibes I guess), we really need a good one of those.

I'm interested

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I forgot about this from the reveal trailer a while ago but it's looking good, they've really bumped the graphics up and this style of game is perfect for the franchise. As a big Trek fan I'll be there day one.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
… got kinda choked up watching that. This, this could be something special.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I had forgotten about this game, but that looks exactly like what a Star Trek adventure game could be. The tone is nailed perfectly.

I'm curious now.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had forgotten about this game, but that looks exactly like what a Star Trek adventure game could be. The tone is nailed perfectly.

Wacky that it took THIS LONG for a Trek game like this but I'll take it

It's not point and click, but the clip did give me fond memories of the old TOS games

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Looks awesome, but is the PC release EGS exclusive? If so I'll be waiting for a Steam release. Love Trek.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
Ok wow I want this. I was just whisked away to sitting on the floor watching TNG in my living room in the 90s.