adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
re: everyone excited about a return to TNG

if you haven't seen Star Trek: Lower Decks, it's worth checking out

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This has that stilted Telltale conversation flow but the production values are very good and this is exactly what I want from Star Trek.

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely impressed with how good and relatively fluid this looks, with fantastic VA and music. I really dig this VA they have voicing Spock.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted a ST game like this for so long. Now, I just need to survive long enough to play it. Can't wait!

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks really good, I'm in day one. I can't wait for this game. Finally a post TNG game after all these years.
I would easily see seasons with different adventures with the crew if the game is successful 🤞
The voice of Spock is impressive, sounds almost like Nimoy đź––

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I finished watching TNG and it's movies (and Picard) for the first time last week for this. Can't wait!

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Having now seen this I cannot believe no one ever made a Star Trek narrative choice game like this up until now, the two are a match made in heaven.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for this one, especially after the most recent season of Picard. Glad it has a release date and one that isn't too far off.

Vin-yl

Jan 13, 2023
I really don't know much about Star Trek but I do enjoy Sci Fi a good bit as well as Telltale style games. I'm in.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool and something I will enjoy but man the timing sucks, I'm probably getting Jedi Survivor this week and after that dunno if I want to jump into a Star Trek game next. I'll buy it, but probably not for 2-3 months which should have maybe been the release date.

Weird its not up on the xbox or PSN stores either with only a month to go. Looks like EGS on PC too, no steam for now thats a bummer

www.startrek-resurgence.com

Star Trek Resurgence

Star Trek Resurgence Website

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Been saying something like this should be made since I first played the walking dead, super hyped for this

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I really don't know much about Star Trek but I do enjoy Sci Fi a good bit as well as Telltale style games. I'm in.
Very curious about this too without knowing much about Star Trek! I'm interested to see how this one and the Expanse game will be received this year as being Telltale-like games.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Very curious about this too without knowing much about Star Trek! I'm interested to see how this one and the Expanse game will be received this year as being Telltale-like games.

shamefully, all i've seen of Star Trek are the modern 3 movies + some random episodes

what era does this take place in? maybe i should watch like a top 5 episodes of the show from this era

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Form what I know, there's a tie-in comic published by IDW that is set before the events in the game, which has Leah Brahms who was Geordi's love interest for an episode (even though it was a hologram he himself constructed). The uniforms they wore are the same as Deep Space Nine's, so it's probably set around that time.

Just a shame that both Dead Island 2 and this game are only available on Epic when it launches for PC, PC exclusives tied to a platform suuuuuuck. Will pick them up when they're on Steam.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Hell yeah, looks close enough to watching an actual ST show. AND its a diplomacy Star Trek game. Its about f'in time.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really good aside from the early 360 ers colorful button prompts. This and The Expanse game...I am certainly feasting.

Oct 27, 2017
shamefully, all i've seen of Star Trek are the modern 3 movies + some random episodes

what era does this take place in? maybe i should watch like a top 5 episodes of the show from this era

From the Epic store page:

Star Trek: Resurgence is an interactive narrative video game that tells an original story set in the era shortly after the events of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

So, the end of TNG, maybe a bit of DS9?

I'm watching it all from the beginning, so I really only know the three seasons of TOS right now. Still, this looks pretty interesting.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Why am I just now hearing about this? It looks awesome!

Form what I know, there's a tie-in comic published by IDW that is set before the events in the game, which has Leah Brahms who was Geordi's love interest for an episode (even though it was a hologram he himself constructed). The uniforms they wore are the same as Deep Space Nine's, so it's probably set around that time.

Just a shame that both Dead Island 2 and this game are only available on Epic when it launches for PC, PC exclusives tied to a platform suuuuuuck. Will pick them up when they're on Steam.

So is this set before the Dominion War?

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I'm not usually into the Telltale style games, but this is such a perfect fit. This feels like an extended scene from an actual Star Trek episode. The actor for Spock is doing an incredible job.

I'm not a Star Trek expert, but based on Spock's age and the outfits they're wearing, I think this takes place shortly after The Next Generation, during the TNG movie/DS9 era. However, if you're looking to watch something that will provide background for the game and have a similar feel, it seems like TNG is probably the way to go.

Not sure how relevant Spock will be to this game, as I'm literally just hearing about it, but he has a nice two-part TNG story (Unification, S5E7+8), and Spock's dad has a really good episode too (Sarek, S3E23) that may be worth watching.

Edit: Based on the store page description posted above, looks like I got the timeline right lol

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
Looks great!!

I may wait since I'll be obsessed with Zelda at the time, but I do want to support this.

Edit: Disappointed this isn't on Steam.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how relevant Spock will be to this game, as I'm literally just hearing about it, but he has a nice two-part TNG story (Unification, S5E7+8), and Spock's dad has a really good episode too (Sarek, S3E23) that may be worth watching.

Journey To Babel (S2E10) of the original series is a pretty good episode by TOS standards, and is mainly about Spock & Sarek. And diplomacy, fittingly enough.