• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plan9

Nov 22, 2017
What a dumb list and an impossible task to attempt..

However, I can't hate on anything that gives a shoutout to Mashed (although the sequel Wrecked is better in many ways).. Why the series didn't continue or at least Wrecked wasn't ported to Switch is a mystery to me, these are the perfect couch co-op party games.

EccoCid

Mar 7, 2018
London
Wipeput 2097? 3 is abetter game and then there is HD and Omega collection lol. 2nd game has only good soundtrack that didn't age.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Excluding F-Zero GX is like excluding Bloodborne from your "Top 10 Lovecraftian Soulsborne PS4 Games" list.

And OutRun is top 10, easy.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
The fact that Diddy Kong Racing isn't on this list is shameful.

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
There's an obvious lack of simulators there. Only iRacing is worthy of entering in a top 25 list?

MegaApple

Jun 20, 2020
India
Luke Riley knows his racing games, and he had the most contribution to this list. I think I like it.

TOCA Race Driver 3 is SUCH a complete package of a game, it rivals many modern games.
And Driver San Fransico is such a novel and creative, game, I'm shocked this came from modern day Ubisoft. (RIP Reflections)
Picking GT3 over GT4 is a strange decision, but ok.

Is FH3 really that good over FH4?

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah. A list of racing games without the first Sega Rally or Scud Race deserves no consideration from me. It just tells me the person who has done it didn't seet foot in the arcades.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Wipeout > F-Zero. Yes, a good list!

Actually the list is pretty bad, but plenty of great games on there.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I misread Forza Horizon 3 as Motorsport 3, got really confused. I mean, FM3 ended up being my most played of that particular series in the end anyway, I guess.

It's a weird list. Trials HD? No Sega Rally?
I wouldn't personally choose Burnout 3 as my #1, but I can respect it. I miss that game.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The weirdest thing about this list is Wreckfest imo, at 24.

Like that games alright... but it's just okay. Aside doing the damage physics justice, it doesn't have a lot going for it. The event/campaign structure is poor, the tracks aren't that interesting, vehicle handling isn't that exciting. It could be a much better game.

Easy to swap that one for something like Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

membran

Oct 27, 2017
I've won races in Burnout 3 without steering at all, only holding down the accelerator button. Number one racing game for sure.