• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
I don't have a business degree or anything, but if something continues to sell well I'm gonna keep making it.

Edit: it's pretty bad if the corporation dude has to tell the consumers to vote with their wallets. Gamers are fickle folk.

Gamers being in denial about what sells and what doesn't is hardly new, LOL.

Some people can't bear the idea that there is more to the industry than their own specific personal tastes.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Breh the article is using a quote from gameindustry, but you're sourcing ign!

But yes I agree, why stop when what they're doing clearly works.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
Skyrim hasn't even been released that many times, Just Last Gen, Current Gen, and Switch. Heck, Metal Gear Solid 3 has been released 5 times, and GTA San Andreas like 9 times.

That said, just remaster Fallout 3 you cowards.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I just need an iOS/Android port and I'm good, Mr.Howard. Preferably with mod support, even its limited mods like the Xbone version.

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this like legit anger/backlash or just situation where people (lightheartedly) joke about? I couldn't care less about TES, but at the same time I don't understand why anyone would be upset about Skyrim being ported so much.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think some people underestimate how strongly the idea of a general fantasy open world RPG, where you can play your own character, avoid the plot and just be a trader or a Hunter or something weird like a vampire hunter or troll slayer, resonates with people that like roleplaying but rarely finish games that lock you into a main quest.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like at this point, someone needs to give Mr. Howard a microphone so that he can finally drop it on the ground. If the demand is still there, then it is going to sell.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Releasing more Skyrim stuff is safe because it always sell? Is that logic not true...?

Or is it not contradictory because releasing all the versions of Skyrim are "the worst way to do things"?

Re-releasing Skyrim does not preclude them from taking risks as a company, though.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its amazing how hard is to this generation to grasp basic logic, to the point that people have to come out and and tell them straitgth how it is.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be fair, they didn't have to say anything if they didn't want to. The numbers and business practice speak for themselves
Actually, he said that in a interview, so someone asked about this. But i do recgonize that a lot of folks see the "criticsm" related to re-release of skyrim just as what they are, jokes. I mean, we had a trhead other day were the guy was mad because RE4 is not on switch yet.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man...
How do you not play Skyrim?
Want to go back 7 years? Remember this? The perfect marriage of a live action game commercial and a kick ass cover?

Watch that and tell me you don't want to boot the game up.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As usual I don't believe his lies. For example I stopped after the original release and they still continue to port them!

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
24e.png

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skyrim was a freaking monument.

I expect to be buying this sucker again next gen, just like RE4 kind of shows up everywhere.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why people are complaining about ports it's not like TES6 or Starfield are going to come out faster if they don't make these ports.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I love me some Todd Howard man; there isn't a dude in the industry who tells it the way it is with more confidence. The man has chutzpah I tell ya!!

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Re-releasing it is fine but charging a still pretty high price for a re-release when the same game breaking bugs from it's original launch are still in there is what is fucked. It's even more fucked that those glitches have been fixed by modders on the pc version.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'll buy it on Xbox Scarlett and Ps5
Too many memories of cooking dinner while the main theme played on a loop waiting for me to press start everyday for months on end.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The "Ug, please stop giving us money" line is pretty low rent. The real argument should be make another fucking game engine you hackish gits.