Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Nah, Guilliman is like "Guys, it's a book I wrote, a very good book, but is not the fucking Bible."

Exactly. He was quite perplexed after he returned and realized that his book of helpful hints and tips for the battlefield was followed like a step-by-step instruction manual that had to be followed to the letter. He never intended for it to be used the way the Ultramarines have been using it for thousands of years, so he started course correcting almost right away.

Guilliman would probably find Titus to be a breath of fresh air.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Exactly. He was quite perplexed after he returned and realized that his book of helpful hints and tips for the battlefield was followed like a step-by-step instruction manual that had to be followed to the letter. He never intended for it to be used the way the Ultramarines have been using it for thousands of years, so he started course correcting almost right away.

Guilliman and Lion are like you've dropped two reasonably normal people into the dark future of 40K.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Had a blast with the first Space Marines game. This looks great.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
This looks cool but I hope they push it back to next year when it can actually get the spotlight it deserves. The last game came out right next to Gears 3 and I felt like that slightly doomed it.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
So pumped for this. Always been aware of 40k to some degree (played the first way back when) but this is the first release since I've really gone down the rabbit hole. Boltgun was the tipping point earlier this year

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

Yup, I want them to meet just for that Guillman would probably be "oh thank fuck"

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I am so fucking amped for this godamned game hoooooodoggy

Yup, I want them to meet just for that Guillman would probably be "oh thank fuck"

Imagine Robert meeting fucking Leandros LoL it would be like the end of the first game, exponentially more cutting. Like your dad coming to work and agreeing with your supervisor that you're actually a fucking loser :-D

one can dream...

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I am so fucking amped for this godamned game hoooooodoggy

Imagine Robert meeting fucking Leandros LoL it would be like the end of the first game, exponentially more cutting. Like your dad coming to work and agreeing with your supervisor that you're actually a fucking loser :-D

one can dream...
Just have him call Leandros a fuggin narc lol

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
So shouldn't Titus of been recruited into the Gray Knights because of his resistance to the Warp?

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
So shouldn't Titus of been recruited into the Gray Knights because of his resistance to the Warp?
I believe most of the Grey Knights are Psykers and he isn't. Plus they weren't sure why he had the Warp resistance which is why Leandros sold him out. Grey Knights don't mess with anything they aren't sure is incorruptible.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
I believe most of the Grey Knights are Psykers and he isn't. Plus they weren't sure why he had the Warp resistance which is why Leandros sold him out. Grey Knights don't mess with anything they aren't sure is incorruptible.

that makes sense..thank you

are you expecting other factions then Nids in this game? do you think we will fight Chaos as well?

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London

The Grey Knights don't recruit adults - they have their own geneseed to implant and it's not the Ultramarines one. It has to be delivered to an adolescent.

What is more likely is what happened at the end of SM 1, that he'd get drafted to be some kind of Inquisitorial attache.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Guilliman and Lion are like you've dropped two reasonably normal people into the dark future of 40K.
This is always one of my favourite bits of 40k, like how the Space Wolves go from being considered amoral butchers, even by Space Marine standards, during the heresy, to righteous heroes after the first battle of Armageddon simply because everyone around them has become so much worse.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great but there better be melee weapons in it as I didn't hear anything about it in the preview.

thunderhammer-thunder.gif

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Looks cool but any game not dated going into September is not launching this year

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Looks great but there better be melee weapons in it as I didn't hear anything about it in the preview.

thunderhammer-thunder.gif

They talk about the knife and Chainsword and there is no way we don't get jump packs and the hammer back. Hell even the power sword and the axe are iconic af in 40k. They'll be there.

I have this horrible gut feeling we'll see Chaos again and i'd rather it be anyone else. I could maybe stomach more Nemeroth because he's fucking great and i'd love to see him and Titus interact again but Eldar/Dark Eldar or Nekrons would be fucking sweet...

Of course MORE ORKS would be the best possible solution but i'll get over this greivous insult cause this game still looks like solid gold (please SOMEONE give me THIS EXACT GAME where you play as a Nob becoming a Warboss??!! Please??!!)

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
This is always one of my favourite bits of 40k, like how the Space Wolves go from being considered amoral butchers, even by Space Marine standards, during the heresy, to righteous heroes after the first battle of Armageddon simply because everyone around them has become so much worse.
It's been very refreshing for the 40K narrative to have characters who can openly say "This is fucked, it doesn't have to be so fucked, you know?"

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
do you guys think it would be cool like if Titus straight up meets with Roboute

think about it your fighting a bunch of nids on a cliff and then you look down and see Roboute just slaughtering 10x more than you are and making it look easy

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Seeing a Primarch in a game with this level of fidelity would be pretty awesome no matter what

I want to see the Adepta Sororitas show up at some point

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
do you guys think it would be cool like if Titus straight up meets with Roboute

think about it your fighting a bunch of nids on a cliff and then you look down and see Roboute just slaughtering 10x more than you are and making it look easy
It would be... interesting to see if they keep his canonical proportions.

Titus will look like a smurf next to him.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
This looks FUCKING AWESOME. I'm so glad Saber has stayed true to the original and made it a pure action game. So thankful they didn't try to shoehorn in some lame "modern game design" tropes like useless loot or RPG mechanics.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Would Roboute have a dislike towards Titus because of the latter's disregard of the codex?

Nope. In one of the recent books there's actually a scene with him and Uriel Ventris (who infamously disobeyed the Codex), where he makes it clear that the Codex was meant to be guidelines of conduct, and not some rigid combat bible they were to follow forever - especially in the modern setting, when they're fighting enemies that didn't even exist during the Crusade or Heresy.

Guilliman has even come to doubt whether the Legiones Astartes should've been broken up into Chapters in hindsight, which was the most contentious part of the Codex when it was first introduced.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

Guilliman yes. The Lion... eh, kinda. Lion El'Johnson is a pretty big asshole. Or perhaps WAS, more accurately. I still hope when the fated meeting between them happens, they bond over their shared disgust at how much the future Imperium sucks lol.

DocScroll

May 25, 2021
They talk about the knife and Chainsword and there is no way we don't get jump packs and the hammer back. Hell even the power sword and the axe are iconic af in 40k. They'll be there.

I have this horrible gut feeling we'll see Chaos again and i'd rather it be anyone else. I could maybe stomach more Nemeroth because he's fucking great and i'd love to see him and Titus interact again but Eldar/Dark Eldar or Nekrons would be fucking sweet...

Of course MORE ORKS would be the best possible solution but i'll get over this greivous insult cause this game still looks like solid gold (please SOMEONE give me THIS EXACT GAME where you play as a Nob becoming a Warboss??!! Please??!!)
The co-op trailer hinted at Chaos, most likely Tzeentch. And we need Chaos for competitive multiplayer if they bring that back.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
Guilliman yes. The Lion... eh, kinda. Lion El'Johnson is a pretty big asshole. Or perhaps WAS, more accurately. I still hope when the fated meeting between them happens, they bond over their shared disgust at how much the future Imperium sucks lol.
oh wait they havn't met yet since Lion came back?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This looks utterly fantastic. I do hope it's a bit more varied than it looks, of course, but I'd also just take 10 hours or what we see in the footage. I'm easy to please here though.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
More than the nids? Do people want Titus to die? Just the nids is a System ending event in themselves.
Unless people want the Necrons to show up and ally with the Ultramarines then be too battle weary to fight each other...
I mean it's 40k .... there doesn't need to be a good ending LoL

The co-op trailer hinted at Chaos, most likely Tzeentch. And we need Chaos for competitive multiplayer if they bring that back.

I feel like making Chaos marines and a bunch of different chapter colors and kitbash material stuff for the online could be done without it necessarily meaning they were in the story but yea with Titus as the main character again it feels like bumping heads against some Chaos is a big possibility, your right. Was it some of the dialogue in the CoOp trailer that was hinting at it? time for a rewatch lol