• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
latest
"Titus, we meet again"

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Looks amazing, I'm so ready for this. Can't believe they never releases the first one on consoles though.

Nah son it was on the PS3? and 360 like same time as the Steam release...

Unless you meant a re-release in which case yes it's fucking modern day travesty i can't play the first game anymore. Just before it died completely you had king of the Hill Dreadnaught matches and they were absolute madness. That bridge level had some of the best pvp multiplayer gunfights i've ever had in a tps. The most intense back and forths. I want it again!

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
They did. Needs a remaster though. Stuck on PS3/360

The first game was on consoles.

Nah son it was on the PS3? and 360 like same time as the Steam release...

Unless you meant a re-release in which case yes it's fucking modern day travesty i can't play the first game anymore. Just before it died completely you had king of the Hill Dreadnaught matches and they were absolute madness. That bridge level had some of the best pvp multiplayer gunfights i've ever had in a tps. The most intense back and forths. I want it again!

Lol That was a total miss-type, stupid phone, I meant re-release on modern consoles instead of being stuck on PS3/360.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping they throw Titus into some Terminator Armor with a power claw and some heavy weaponry. Want to be stomping through nids destroying everything that gets close. Well more than usual.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Still no firm release date or ability to pre order on the major digital stores. It looks spectacular so I hope it really comes out this year

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Loved the first game, hoping this one is just as fun.

I'm not a big Warhammer 40k fan, in that I don't know the lore very well, but I like a lot of the games. Dawn of War was excellent back in the day, and I've been playing Dreadnought and Boltgun on my PS5. I definitely recommend Boltgun for fans of retro shooters.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Still my most anticipated game even in this crazy ass year.

I will play this even if my Steam Deck explodes in my face trying to render it at 10fps.

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first game, hoping this one is just as fun.

I'm not a big Warhammer 40k fan, in that I don't know the lore very well, but I like a lot of the games. Dawn of War was excellent back in the day, and I've been playing Dreadnought and Boltgun on my PS5. I definitely recommend Boltgun for fans of retro shooters.
I highly recommend checking out Luetin09 on YouTube for lore etc , his videos are amazing , been watching them the last few years and have learnt so much about the history of 40K.
Very much looking forward to this game , 1st one still holds up(on the deck anyway)

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I highly recommend checking out Luetin09 on YouTube for lore etc , his videos are amazing , been watching them the last few years and have learnt so much about the history of 40K.
Very much looking forward to this game , 1st one still holds up(on the deck anyway)
I will add Arbitor Ian to that YouTuber list. Love his videos and he's not shy calling out the shitty side of the 40k fanbase.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Space Marine 2 looks fucking sick. Would be absolutely excited for it to release in 2023 but I fully expect a delay.

But what a time for Warhammer fans:

- Realms of Ruin in November
- Darktide in October for Xbox
- Space Marine 2 in 2023

I'll play all of them Day 1. Absolutely fantastic.

JetEagle

Dec 21, 2020
Australia
Looks so good!
I was a big fan of the first one, and this is looking like the kind of game my friends and I would talk about in a potential sequel.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Guilliman yes. The Lion... eh, kinda. Lion El'Johnson is a pretty big asshole. Or perhaps WAS, more accurately. I still hope when the fated meeting between them happens, they bond over their shared disgust at how much the future Imperium sucks lol.

The Lion has mellowed a lot since he woke up. He is almost completely unlike himself, something he is well aware of, and his goals and motivations are different from what they used to be. While he has only had one novel for us to get to know him in, it sounds like he's going to be way more diplomatic in how he approaches other people in the future, Guilliman included. Before that novel, everyone expected rivalry between the two, but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. They'll probably just hug it out.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
The Lion has mellowed a lot since he woke up. He is almost completely unlike himself, something he is well aware of, and his goals and motivations are different from what they used to be. While he has only had one novel for us to get to know him in, it sounds like he's going to be way more diplomatic in how he approaches other people in the future, Guilliman included. Before that novel, everyone expected rivalry between the two, but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. They'll probably just hug it out.

To be honest, even the Lion in full asshole mode might've taken pity on Roboute upon seeing the rotting carcass he's struggling to hold together against impossible odds.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
The game looks amazing. Although I am a bit disappointed it doesn't look like there any Orcs in this one. It just won't be the same without anything shouting Space Marine in an accent that sounds like they said Spice Marine. Me and my buddies still joke about how much we loved the Spice Marine game back in the day.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious how tiny the normal humans are next to space Marines. I wonder how the tv show will handle this

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
TBF it's very well established at this point that the Emperor uses his psychic powers to look more imposing to everyone, so it's all projection.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If Henry Cavill's show does well, I'm interested to see how they frame the reveal that the god-emperor they follow is just a decaying husk. I'd love for a casual audience to get thrown off by that in a cool way.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
If Henry Cavill's show does well, I'm interested to see how they frame the reveal that the god-emperor they follow is just a decaying husk. I'd love for a casual audience to get thrown off by that in a cool way.

Hell I wanted a 40K movie/show to focus far more on the day to day average people from Guardsmen to the hive dwellers and maybe some people like rogue traders. Space Marines and similar are basically fleeting mentions and treated like a myth or legend only for them to show up near the end in some dire time. Would love them to be presented as they're viewed by the regular person as something almost hard to believe and so super human they do seem like Angels. A couple of the short stories play this aspect up and I love it.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Still not sure how a show like this can work at all, with every being in this universe being bad. It works for books but TV shows? They probably need heroes and/or an antagonist... and you know, this does not exist in this universe, everyone sucks. the most interesting stories stem from Inquisitors doing "detective work" and starting to to questioniong the Imperium - but I doubt that's what this show will be.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
This looks insane. Hadn't seen the cinematic trailer so went to check it out and holy shit what a trailer.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Still not sure how a show like this can work at all, with every being in this universe being bad. It works for books but TV shows? They probably need heroes and/or an antagonist... and you know, this does not exist in this universe, everyone sucks. the most interesting stories stem from Inquisitors doing "detective work" and starting to to questioniong the Imperium - but I doubt that's what this show will be.
Just give me The Infinite, dude is an a-hole in the best way