• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I have a question! How do swedes feel about marijuana? Is it very popular? It's illegal here in Illinois but I assure you we may as well be Colorado in that Dept.

I guess I'm asking what the weed culture is like in Sweden,?

It's illegal, and not very popular AFAIK. It's basically viewed as something only "druggies" do, there is really no weed culture in the general population. A bit more popular among teens. There are some voices that want it legalized of course, but I don't think they have very wide support.

Or maybe I just don't hang with cool people. :) I have been at parties where it's been used, but it's not common at all, at least in my age group (30+).

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I have a question! How do swedes feel about marijuana? Is it very popular? It's illegal here in Illinois but I assure you we may as well be Colorado in that Dept.

I guess I'm asking what the weed culture is like in Sweden,?
Swedes in general are pretty anti-drugs of any kind I'd say. iirc about 90% are against legalization of any kind, for cannabis.

You'd think it's strange for such a liberal country in most other ways, but I do recall lots of anti-drug sentiments growing up, coded in textbooks and other media, so it really sticks with you.

Groof

Oct 26, 2017
This thread feels like the antithesis to the jante law.

Also idk what kind of people you hang out with but weed is everywhere, anecdotally.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread feels like the antithesis to the jante law.

Also idk what kind of people you hang out with but weed is everywhere, anecdotally.

According to some statistics I found 2% of Swedish adults had done it in the last year. That's not "everywhere". So maybe the question is what kind of people YOU hang out with. ;)

can you drink beer on the streets in the Sweden?

No, public alcohol consumption is not allowed in general. There are exceptions, like certain parks where it's allowed. But even if you get caught doing it elsewhere the only thing that will happen is generally that the police will take your beer away.

Neither too much/little/hot/cold/whatever, but just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.