pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This could put whole project into danger. Wasn't Half-Life 2 last time something similar happened to Valve, and they had to rework practically everything just for security reasons. Would 2024 Valve be up to do that, or just walk away?

cs2 beta build leaked the second it entered into beta phase lol

could even play multiplayer at one point

Lemon King

Jun 30, 2020
Lol? How does this work? Isn't this all being done through Steam? I wouldn't expect anything playable but I'll wait for someone to take one for the team. If this is legit and actually works I've already got my evening planned.

5fpTN0q.png
This is Planetside 2 all over again.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This seriously has to be the first game in history in which we have meme gameplay highlight reel videos....without the existence of the game even being officially announced.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Besides DotA 2 what else does Icefrog have under his belt?

DotA Allstars (version 6.00 and on) and technically very very early Heroes of Newerth going off California legal dispositions, but that didn't last particularly long.

This is partially why it is exciting to me and some others that this is his baby directly, because it's a real test to see if Icefrog is just a one hit wonder.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you're gonna do an alpha test with a pool of people especially content creators, there is bound to be a leak sooner or later. Gotta get that clout high

Company like Hoyoverse has an over the top NDA for Genshin Impact that requires citizen ID to even apply for a beta access and people still leak information.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
DotA Allstars (version 6.00 and on) and technically very very early Heroes of Newerth going off California legal dispositions, but that didn't last particularly long.

This is partially why it is exciting to me and some others that this is his baby directly, because it's a real test to see if Icefrog is just a one hit wonder.
I totally forgot about Icefrog's supposed involvement in HoN. Man that game was fucking amazing pre monkey king. Probably had the best feeling and most responsive "movement" in all mobas. And PUPPET MASTER the goat.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
There is a GoFile link with clips of every character's ability in the game. But I can't remember if linking to that site violates Era TOS.

Edit: nvm, someone put it on YT.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1RrK6vzomk

I see, thanks, so far everything I've seen has convinced me this will be something I'll want to play and DoTA is still going stong competitively so I believe.

Between this and Marvel Rivals, fans of games that sorta fall under this umbrella are eating good.

Last edited:

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I totally forgot about Icefrog's supposed involvement in HoN. Man that game was fucking amazing pre monkey king. Probably had the best feeling and most responsive "movement" in all mobas. And PUPPET MASTER the goat.

Well, it's not really supposed, we know from the California case that he not only worked on HoN very early on (was approached all the way back in 2006) but was even employed by S2 Games for the time period!

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

The map appears to be bifurcated in terms of aesthetics (much like the Dota 2 map). Most of the footage thus far is on the side of the map featuring a Steampunk/1930s style aesthetic, but at ~7:10 we can presumably see the other side of the map with is techno-futuristic.

Edit: Or is the futuristic city aesthetic old footage from when the game was Neon Prime?

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wonder how up to date that ability video is since you can see the map from when it was Neon Prime along with the old Neon Prime HUD in some of those clips.

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Definitely sucks that all of this is leaking. It really steals the moment from the devs to have an announcement under their terms. Valve basically never does NDA's though as far as I'm aware. Even if you go into their office to playtest an incredibly early prototype that you can only play at a designers desk. I doubt this leak is going to change that philosophy too.

But still, it's a bummer that people choose to have the take that if there's no NDA, then they should freely share things. At least Valve is likely to find a way to spin this around and have some organic interest in the title and just continue to focus on testing and improving the game. Maybe a bit more out in the open sooner than they'd like if they choose to reveal it now, but that's at least a good way to build a playerbase and trust early.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
The map appears to be bifurcated in terms of aesthetics (much like the Dota 2 map). Most of the footage thus far is on the side of the map featuring a Steampunk/1930s style aesthetic, but at ~7:10 we can presumably see the other side of the map with is techno-futuristic.

Edit: Or is the futuristic city aesthetic old footage from when the game was Neon Prime?
Definitely old Neon Prime footage. Interesting to see the Neon Prime versions of the few characters they show.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is a GoFile link with clips of every character's ability in the game. But I can't remember if linking to that site violates Era TOS.

Edit: nvm, someone put it on YT.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1RrK6vzomk

I see, thanks, so far everything I've seen has convinced me this will be something I'll want to play and DoTA is still going stong competitively so I believe.

Between this and Marvel Rivals, fans of games that sorta fall under this umbrella are eating good.

zvkxm2.gif

Please Valve, let there be an open Beta sometime this year!

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
They should just officially announced it and send out invites for a 6-8 month closed beta.

They'll get much better feedback with more people playing.
I mean they have given it to maybe 3000+ people, so it's not like they need more people as a lot of what is changing is balancing and swapping items and what they do around. Opening it to the public might cause a lot of larger audiences to parrot something that might not in the long run be healthy for the game.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Apex team sweating :0

How are there so many different leaks in short time, the game looks very much not done. Usually this type of"leak" only happens shortly before release but that can't be the case here, can it?

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
If you're gonna do an alpha test with a pool of people especially content creators, there is bound to be a leak sooner or later. Gotta get that clout high

Company like Hoyoverse has an over the top NDA for Genshin Impact that requires citizen ID to even apply for a beta access and people still leak information.
All the videos leaked are from people uploading clips to the forums or their discords. None of these leaks were from their original posters. Including the montage.

Last edited:

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It does look better with each new clip i've seen

Interesting to see Valve leaning into that magical / occult imagery that I always found successful in TF2 Halloween maps.

I don't know I have much of a chance having a good time though, still sweaty looking

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
If the matches really last 40-50 min, then rank is gonna make or break this game.

I can't imagine most casual shooter fans want to commit to something like that, and I'm sure this game will have a strict quitter penalty.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to me that the gameplay in on point and has been worked on for years, but the art style having been recently rebooted they are trying to catch up with new art and assets, giving it a more unfinished look than it might really be.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
Unfortunately he was named after someone heinous and will now be named Test Some Guy.

I also love Gadget Man. Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down!?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super curious what monetization/loot boxes will be like for this game. Entire character outfits/skins? Just weapons? Will they all be Valve-designed or will they establish and utilize a user-made Workshop like Dota and TF2 have?

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
The clips of the ice character seem the most fun to me. Dang I can't wait to play, good thing I just got back into Dota 2 after years and that should help past the time waiting for this.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Not embedding for some reason, but someone found montage videos in the forums already lmfao.

x.com

Anyways, Valve is cooking here.