Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Someone submitted me for approval. I better get on or I will stop funding Gabe's yachts. Yeah, that'll show him.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of the leaks showed it running great on Deck, but things like menu controls aren't there yet.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
The steam db listing shows one of the directories for this game being labeled "citadel"

So is this what citadel happened to and up being? I thought that was a hybrid VR tower defense type thing lol

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
The steam db listing shows one of the directories for this game being labeled "citadel"

So is this what citadel happened to and up being? I thought that was a hybrid VR tower defense type thing lol

there's towers and defending in this, so it doesn't seem too far of a stretch. they probably looked at that, looked at what Alyx made compared to what DOTA2 and CS make, realised that in Icefrog they have one of the best competitive game designers in the world, and the rest just falls into place

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Yall getting submitted for the test?? I need more friends…. Specifically those in closed tests for deadlock

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused as hell they announced the game?
It hasn't been announced. It's been said a few times but basically there isn't technically an NDA on it, but it's more of a "gentlemen's agreement" or what I call a "DBADA (Don't be a dick agreement)".

So of course some people have been leaking the hell out of it.

Venat Fan

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, wild how much the leaks the past couple days really amped up my interest in this game. I almost never get excited for games before they come out like this. Game looks pretty fun even in this state.

I don't normally get excited for unreleased games like this; I may need to stop following the leaks as closely lol

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, it seems that Citadel became Neon Prime and then Deadlock.

I'm still curious if it's playable in VR. Seems like it would work okay with the 3rd person view.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
People in the alpha "being able to invite people" makes a lot more sense if it means Valve gets to approve/deny each request vs Valve just giving out codes for these people to hand out to randoms

Giving out codes to distribute for a game that doesnt even officially exist yet would be insane lol but this whole leak cycle is crazy so what do I know
iirc the first few people were valve specific invites and slowly friends of friends were invited, and suggestions were just added to the main page of the game for anyone to invite whomever they played with and if they got approved then they'd get a key a few days later.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
NA only, boo.
(good luck everyone)

I hope they eventually send out invites to those who have tons of TF2 hours. Because only Warframe tops that on my Profile with 2k+ hours.

monkyrez

Oct 27, 2017

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see "New Valve Game", my heart skips a beat. We're never getting L4D3, are we? Sigh.

We know they were developing it at some point before Alyx, but it just didn't work out because source 2 was still early days at that time iirc. Personally I wasn't interested in the open-world description it had so I'm not too bothered that it got canned and hope that we might see a more traditional entry in the future, but either way I've made my peace with it.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That hidden content is old news and is even included in a video posted recently in the thread (Tyler's video) as "original gameplay leak". There's been tons of videos since then.

Might as well remove the hidden content tag lol. Nothing is getting taken down.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Might as well remove the hidden content tag lol. Nothing is getting taken down.

I'm wondering at this point if all the leaks really were intentional as a form of marketing.

Many of the videos uploaded to sites like streamable are still available to watch, and the big summary video on Youtube has now been up for over 2 full days.

Either Valve is completely apathetic about leaks or this really was a controlled marketing campaign.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering at this point if all the leaks really were intentional as a form of marketing.

Many of the videos uploaded to sites like streamable are still available to watch, and the big summary video on Youtube has now been up for over 2 full days.

Either Valve is completely apathetic about leaks or this really was a controlled marketing campaign.
They probably didn't want it to leak but once it did they probably figured there was no need to fight it so they just let it go

MoogleMaestro

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if the leak was intentional, it wasn't all that effective as a marketing play. It feels like most beyond dota fans have kind of bounced off the concept, so they need some kind of trailer and official announcement to get people invested in the characters.

At least imo. I feel like I'm not interested in the game as much as I am interested in the nature of the leak, so to speak.