Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Probably gonna wait for a Switch port, but it looks good. Dunno why they aren't using the N. Sane/CTR designs though.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
7xYecfx.jpg

eesh
maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
110 days!

I wonder how big it'll be. I imagine the same length as warped
If you go for 100% completion Warped is, like, 3 hours long with 32 levels (32 levels that share tons of recycled aesthetics and assets). I don't think that's gonna cut it in 2020 unless they really, REALLY knock it out of the park and every level has a unique aesthetic and/or gameplay idea.
My major hope is that we're looking at a 6 hour platformer with 11 warprooms/Islands, 55 main levels, and 5 secret levels.

mouzone

Oct 30, 2017
It's a good sign that they seem to be heading for the classic linear design instead of a shitty open world collectathon.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is this supposed to be Geoff's reveal for Monday?

If so I feel bad for him.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crash is a huge upgrade over the NT design. I'm sure Coco's new default design will grow on me, but even if not I love the digital purchase skin.

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
these visuals looks 60fpsish to me.... not over charged, simple as well. I wish im correct cuz a platform game at 30fps is no way ...

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a gut feeling they just got a bad shot of Coco and she'll look better in motion.

Anyway I'm really digging the new art direction and I'm glad they don't feel like they have to stay just like the N. Sane trilogy.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate how Coco looks there but I don't love it either. NST Coco was definitely way better though and I'm bummed they didn't just stick with those designs but regardless the game is looking good.

Ozzie666

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
It's amazing that Crash and mascot games seem to be on the up swing, its actually pretty crazy. Makes you wonder what the landscape would be like if Naughty Dog continued to make sequels all these years.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, likely just from an Xbox page, like YouTube or Facebook.

Also, I think the Crash games have sold much, much higher on PS4 than Xbox, because, despite being multiplatform for longer than Crash was exclusive to PlayStation, a lot of people just see Crash as synonymous with PlayStation. I think I recall reading CTR NF sold much higher on PS4 than Xbox and Switch. So I doubt Activision would sign a marketing deal with any company outside of Sony.
If you want to grow an audience then I can't see why they wouldn't be open to it. PS4 people are going to buy it anyway. Might as well let the people in other platforms feel good too

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a Crash fan and that's why I asked.
It's understandable. The Crash series stopped numbering it's entries after Crash 3 (aside from the Japanese versions, which were numbered). They're likely bringing the numbering back so people that played the N. Sane Trilogy know that this game is going to be the game to go to if they want more of that style of gameplay.

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing that Crash and mascot games seem to be on the up swing, its actually pretty crazy. Makes you wonder what the landscape would be like if Naughty Dog continued to make sequels all these years.
I've often wondered myself why SONY didn't just outright buy the IP after they got the rights for CTR. Maybe they tried but Universal's asking price was too high?
I too would love to see what Crash would be like right now if pre-Uncharted ND had the ability to continue the series on PS2.
I remember one of the old school Naughty Dogs, Rob Titus, saying on reddit that losing Jason Rubin's vision for series really did a number on it. He's one of the big reasons why classic Crash had such great art direction and ideas.