• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I don't live in the UK, but I'm still playing Valhalla (the game is long). That's why I haven't bought it yet. Probably won't pick it up for another month or two.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure everyone is waiting for a discount. Ubisoft games get big discounts in just couple of months whether it was a day 1 success or not. Especially a new IP like Immortals.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
If this had came out in February like it was supposed to originally I would have bought it. Unfortunately, they released in a crowded window where I had already been soured by Watch Dogs Legion being bad and halving in price in like two weeks.

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
Not gonna lie, I've been waiting for Immortals since it's announcement, but there has been very minimal marketing or buzz when compared with something with Zelda in the title. Most people I talk to have never heard of it except from me.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Yeah but I need the PS4 share to figure out how big the gap really is, either way this imho is an indicator they could've gone for system exclusive content on both Sony (GoW stuff) and Nintendo (Kid Icarus stuff) to increase visibility on the two strongest systems.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame it's a fun game, debuting in the 10s is a huge flop I wonder if it'll even chart on npd

Jun 17, 2018
Not played this yet and I'm a little gutted a picked up Valhalla over it. Definitely picking this up as soon as I can though, it looks like the exact game I'm looking for.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
The change in art style prevents me from buying and knowing it's a Ubisoft game means - wait for deep discount. You know it always happens. I've been burnt before

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
Interesting that Gamepass eats into Xbox sales.
I always suspected it would happen.
Will only get worse. I guess Sony will have a pretty easy time securing 3rd party exclusives. We'll see.

Merc_

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly didn't even know the game was out until I saw the thread on here which doesn't speak well to its marketing.

Oct 29, 2017
That's what they get for cannibilising their own games by releasing them all at around the same time.

Not that soulless ripoffs deserve any success anyway.

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
Dont quite get the AoC comparison but okay.
Seems like the game did okay on all plattforms - its all about the legs with this kind of game. Though its probably gonna be on shelves for cheap in a couple months.

One has nothing to so with the other.

It's not really a comparison. DarkDetective framed a question of its sales relative to AOC just as a ballpark for similar sales range, and Chris responded that it was considerably lower. It wasn't meant to be some kind of directed/intentional comparison.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
This should obviously have been a Q1 game. Especially so after Far Cry was delayed.

Why are Ubisoft so committed to releasing all their games within like a month of each other?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 having the greater split over Switch is the interesting part here I feel.
Is it really when Switch owners have access to BotW ? Sales are pretty much in line with expectations, at least i dont know why the Swittch sku should vastly outperform other versions week 1.
It's not really a comparison. DarkDetective framed a question of its sales relative to AOC just as a ballpark for similar sales range, and Chris responded that it was considerably lower. It wasn't meant to be some kind of directed/intentional comparison.
That makes alot of sense, thanks.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
It's the third open word Ubisoft game in the span of 2 months and is a week before Cyberpunk. I think the game is gonna be great and I can't wait to play it but I'm just swamped with games at the moment.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
This game had a very lowkey release. Even on release day, I couldn't find it at any nearby Walmart, and every employee just looked at me dumbfoundedly as if they had no idea what I was talking about. I eventually got someone to go into the back room and pull out a copy, so they had them but didn't even bother to place it on the floor.

You could also argue the title isn't very good or eye-catching, the game has been poorly marketed, and it's out during a crowded season. It's a fantastic game overall, so hopefully it does indeed become the sleeper hit some folks are saying, as I would love to see Ubisoft tackle another game in a similar way.

m051293

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, but volume is pretty low.

Rough numbers (total seems to be in the ballpark of 15,000, still take with grain of salt)

PS5 - 5,300
NSW - 4,500
Rest - 5,200

This is all physical. I guess there's a scenario where PS4 is a majority of that "5,200" and with digital it tops both PS5 and NSW.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, I've been waiting for Immortals since it's announcement, but there has been very minimal marketing or buzz when compared with something with Zelda in the title. Most people I talk to have never heard of it except from me.

Yeah, when I saw it earlier this year I couldn't wait to play it, but now I don't have the time because another one of Ubi's games is taking up my time. Anyway, I hope more people pick it up, it looks like a better BOTW.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the game kind of snuck out, combine that with how busy it's been lately in terms of new releases I'm not exactly surprised it didn't chart super high.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Pretty sure everyone is waiting for a discount. Ubisoft games get big discounts in just couple of months whether it was a day 1 success or not. Especially a new IP like Immortals.
yikes, huge bomba. this game will be 20 bucks in a few months.

Couple of months? often Ubisoft games are discounted in a couple of weeks...Watch Dogs Legion could be bought for 40 bucks already.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting that Gamepass eats into Xbox sales.
I always suspected it would happen.
Will only get worse. I guess Sony will have a pretty easy time securing 3rd party exclusives. We'll see.
Xbox has been dead at retail for a loooong time. I think Forza Horizon was the last successful retail game for Xbox and a lot of that was down to bundles. GP has killed physical on the format.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a Ubi game and a lot of people will wait for a discount which it'll likely get soon. I know I'm a part of that crowd even though I'm excited to check out the game.

It also being sandwiched in with a lot of other games, some of those games being other titles from Ubi, probably didn't help. They should've just delayed it to early next year.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This is a terrible time to release a game like this. Should have come out in the new year when there is nothing else around. I'm still playing Assassins Creed which is gigantic.

I've learned that Ubisoft Connect (formerly uPlay), changed how the points are obtained, so I was grinding few games to get just 10 points to get me to 104 (at 100, you get 20 off of game), to buy this one salary comes. or when I will be done with Cpunk.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that switch/ps5 split just reconfirms to me that Zelda-likes should have a Nintendo version. good that Ubisoft thought the same. they also could have used some God of War and Kid Icarus/Zelda content (don't know what Xbox and PC would get). especially after Ubisoft was able to get their hands on some Nintendo IPs

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a five percent difference. It's practically statistical noise considering how poorly the game sold.

If you wanted your Zelda fix on Switch, you probably bought AoC. It's not an open world game, but it's absolutely made for BotW fans. I'm not surprised at all the game isn't performing better on Switch. Now, if the difference was significant in PS5's favor, that'd be a bit surprising.

Ultimately, the split proves having a Nintendo version was smart, even though the game isn't going to end up selling well at all on any platform.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious but waiting for a discount. Especially since I got Valhalla recently. Probably would have worked better as a late January/February game.