Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Ubisoft can't seem to find the key to sell its games geared towards a younger demographic.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This should obviously have been a Q1 game. Especially so after Far Cry was delayed.

Why are Ubisoft so committed to releasing all their games within like a month of each other?

This (and Watch Dogs) were meant to come out earlier in the year but were both delayed.

Watch Dogs Legion specifically was meant to come out in March. Can't remember when this was due originally.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The title is so generic that it makes me feel like the entire game will have that amount of creative effort into it. That's probably why I haven't bought it yet.

It literally feels like a fake title from a TV show written by people who don't actually play video games. Like the kind of title you'd see on a poster in the background of a video game company in a crime procedural.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the title (and the art style) has basically the exact same vibe as the countless generic f2p mobile games you get ads for while playing other f2p mobile games.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This (and Watch Dogs) were meant to come out earlier in the year but were both delayed.

Watch Dogs Legion specifically was meant to come out in March. Can't remember when this was due originally.
February or some shit. it was gonna be a real fuckin short reveal > release time. especially when the reveal barely had anything to chew on

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe people bought it digitally?
Are there any figures what the physical-digital split commonly is in the UK?

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
I suppose I'm probably part of the problem. I was pretty interested in Immortals at first, but the switch is my primary and the switch port didn't seem up to snuff compared to other versions. So I ended up getting Black Flag on sale for my ubi fix 🤷🏾‍♂️

A performance patch + a sale would probably get me to bite though so we'll see.

Apr 25, 2018
I bought Immortals @ $60 and don't regret it. I rarely blind buy and I think we're all hyped for new titles to PS5. Now let's hope they update and keep the community going.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Digital sales are also to factor in. It looks like a fun game and I like the style of humor they presented in the previews, but it also seemed like one of those games I'd wait for a sale on.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I actually think this game looks pretty cool but I'm sorry I am not paying full price for this type of Ubisoft game. It will be $20 in a month.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If the game is finished why not release it. You just have more time for it to generate sales, and simply deploy marketing funds when appropriate relative to expected and current market conditions. They can lower the price whenever they want to, or not. This isn't like when games were all stocked on limited shelf space.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

I don't think it was actually dated was it? But it was supposed to come out earlier in the year.

Even so, I think it would have done better in February/March than in this extremely busy period.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I've never heard of this game till maybe 2 weeks ago. From the little I've seen, the game looks like something I'll pick up down the line.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to play it, but gonna get it when it hits 20. Games are too expensive for me these days to buy them new.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I'd pick this up but not too eager to get into another Ubi open world game after having juat finished valhalla.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
If the game is finished why not release it. You just have more time for it to generate sales, and simply deploy marketing funds when appropriate relative to expected and current market conditions. They can lower the price whenever they want to, or not. This isn't like when games were all stocked on limited shelf space.

Yeah... but aren't most game sales front loaded? Plenty of games have been sent to die by launching at bad times.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
the title (and the art style) has basically the exact same vibe as the countless generic f2p mobile games you get ads for while playing other f2p mobile games.

The title is baffling. Shockingly bad.

I actually think this game looks pretty cool but I'm sorry I am not paying full price for this type of Ubisoft game. It will be $20 in a month.

Especially now that it's flopping. It will be deep discount in no time.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, they really screwed up then with PS5 being the only one with a serious camera stutter issue. No wonder they acknowleded it so fast and are already working on a fix. Doesn't bode well though for word of mouth unless it comes soon (clearly the goal).

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I have no idea why Ubisoft thought releasing 3 open world action adventure games in the span of 5 weeks was a good idea

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea why Ubisoft thought releasing 3 open world action adventures games in the span of 5 weeks was a good idea
I'm getting flashbacks to the time Ubisoft released Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, and Beyond Good & Evil all within about a week of each other...

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft releasing three open world titles in the span of a month is a bit crazy. I would have saved this for slower months

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
With the price of new games in Canada, I need to have the game released and see some very good reviews before I will buy a game at full price. This game is $80 in Canada, and the Gold Edition is $135. No way I am paying that much for most games. Luckily I have GamePass to tide me over while I wait for the first big Ubisoft sale (and then I can by this and Valhalla - not touching Watch Dogs Legion).

Oct 27, 2017
I like the look of it and I might buy it down the line, but it definitely seems like the type of game which will be £15 within a couple of months so I'm not in any rush. Plus I've got a huge backlog and a few other open world action-adventures I'm playing on and off, so it can definitely wait.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but consider the difference in user base.
I mean the Switch version probably outsold what the PS4/XboxOne versions sold together as well - consider the difference in user base.
So i dont think it tells us as much as you think - the versions sold pretty much the same and week 1 being more favorable to the system that just launched seems about right.

Scarlet0Pimp

Feb 4, 2018
Definitely want to get the game but will be after Xmas now and digital anyway, hopefully CDkeys will have it discounted by then

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Do we expect the digital share to be even higher with these new systems? I'm thinking yes because of the Series S and PS5 digital, but would be interesting to have some data