• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The "widely known multiplatform games" is the part that disgusts me. People saying "but Microsoft announced 22 exclusives" have no idea what they're talking about, 22 1st party or new 3rd party IP games are not the same damn thing as say COD, Battlefield or GTA.

The general public buys consoles based on 1st party exclusives and established 3rd party franchises, for example a person might buy a PS4 for The Last of us 2 and Battlefield 6 when it releases, if Microsoft came out tomorrow and announced that BF6 is now 12 months exclusive to Xbox that person has been misled because every other Battlefield game in the franchise has released day and date at the same time on all platforms.

Whenever any of the big 3 does something like this it should be frowned upon not cheered.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
It's not a tease, it's a statement of fact about what's going on in the industry.
2e0.gif

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The general public buys consoles based on 1st party exclusives and established 3rd party franchises, for example a person might buy a PS4 for The Last of us 2 and Battlefield 6 when it releases, if Microsoft came out tomorrow and announced that BF6 is now 12 months exclusive to Xbox that person has been misled because every other Battlefield game in the franchise has released day and date at the same time on all platforms.
People have always bought regardless of party. What ever console has the best games. Back in PS1 and PS2 days there were way less multi platform games.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
wtf. lol

whats sony up to? Are we looking at GTA or CoD? Or slightly smaller stuff like Suicide Squad, batman, FF16, Harry Potter etc.

I know you cant answer but I am hoping Imran can.

Just PS1\PS2 Sony .
Plus you always talk about marketing and this one of the best ways to market there console.
You can't say they not spending that money to keep people in there platform lol.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
It's just a bit annoying to have all these hints without an actual hint towards what games we're talking about. For all we know it's being way overblown, or it's actually something fucking batshit insane like CoD or GTA.

I think the word shocking there implies Bioshock? Might be wrong lol

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Sony's in a good spot and these kind of deals will cement that. I imagine they're also easier to negotiate for Sony than Microsoft, and that'll show in the level of game they manage to get some form of exclusivity with.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
The "widely known multiplatform games" is the part that disgusts me. People saying "but Microsoft announced 22 exclusives" have no idea what they're talking about, 22 1st party or new 3rd party IP games are not the same damn thing as say COD, Battlefield or GTA.

Whenever any of the big 3 does something like this it should be frowned upon not cheered.

Which is probably why Sony is doing it. Seems to work in their favor as most people seem to like it based on the reactions to Matts comment.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Most of us enjoy the teasing. It's what this whole forum are built on. So maybe you can ignore the comments and carry on?
Maybe you can ignore my comment and move on? There's a difference between teasing something meaningful and saying stuff like 'big things are coming'. I can give you some teases like that too: next year we're gonna have a lot of games, in the space of ten years we'll have the sucessor to the PS5, see? Not that hard.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
When you look at how much the gaming division is pulling in for Sony as a whole, it's easy to understand why they want to make their platform the place to play. If MS dropped their gaming division tomorrow, it would be a drop in the bucket for them.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow!
Jim if youre reading this i'd rather PS5 cost $399 than any of this lol
I don't think this has any bearing on the cost of the system.

Im sure, despite the size and scale, era will provide us with the list of AA and indie games that MS has timed exclusives on like its the same thing.
It's the same. Just because you want to add conditions to justify one doesn't mean it's not.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
People have always bought regardless of party. What ever console has the best games. Back in PS1 and PS2 days there were way less multi platform games.

So you're saying the Xbox One would've sold the same amount of units if COD, Battlefield and GTA weren't playable on it for 1 year?

Also I'm well aware of the past I'm specifically talking about this gen and next gen.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the Sony got caught off guard by MS narrative more. I don't think this baddie Sony stuff sits well with me.

Jul 26, 2018
Maybe you can ignore my comment and move on? There's a difference between teasing something meaningful and saying stuff like 'big things are coming'. I can give you some teases like that too: next year we're gonna have a lot of games, in the space of ten years we'll have the sucessor to the PS5, see? Not that hard.
Here's the thing though, pal. We know Imran and Matt actually know stuff. So if your average Joe says "shit is going down next month" it's not the same as Shinobi or Jeff Grubb saying it. For obvious reasons

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
I don't think this has any bearing on the cost of the system.

It's the same. Just because you want to add conditions to justify one doesn't mean it's not.

Oh, i'm sure it doesn't, Deals like this are probably panned out long before now independent of console price.
But, i'd rather money have gone into subsidizing the price than this (if it were a choice), naive thinking maybe.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing though, pal. We know Imran and Matt actually know stuff. So if your average Joe says "shit is going down next month" it's not the same as Shinobi or Jeff Grubb saying it. For obvious reasons
Listen buddy, the post that the person quoted says ' Yeah, there is a lot of it coming and the scale will be shocking.', this could be in any timeframe, a month, a year, ten years. I can guarantee you there will be a lot of things coming on a big scale in the next 5 years and I don't need to be an insider.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Yea there are a lot of people on here who equate those as the same thing.
You don't think they would if they could? I mean they have in the past, like at the beginning of this generation when it was uncertain how each console would sell. These deals are easier for Sony to sign because they're excluding a smaller portion of consumers. Sony want to widen that gap even further, so it makes sense.

Not saying it's right, but it's the position they're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.