• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Frankly I find this incredibly trashy.

www.goodreads.com

Neil Gaiman

Author of Coraline, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and The Graveyard Book

This is his account.

The perpetual online celebrities seriously need to reconsider how much their real life trauma needs to be played out for all of us to watch.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's an odd character but there have been worse ways to get divorced and none of us know what he or his spores are going through. It's not our place to judge

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His wife apparently announced their issues via Patreon first, so him clapping back in fine IMO

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Perhaps, as an author, he's just reading a book. Hah, or not :¶

Wish I had the foresight to read a book like this.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, the Patreon thing by the way. Seems he didn't know they were getting a divorce.

I see @amandapalmer has told people that we (like much of the world) are going through rocky times right now. It is true, we are. It's really hard, and I'd like to request privacy (as I'm not going to be talking about it publicly) and kindness, for us and for Ash.

Announcing a divorce... on Patreon?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
From my interactions with Gaiman, he's always been an incredibly nice person, so I doubt he's being passive-aggressive as much as just reacting to what Palmer did on Patreon.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Amanda Palmer has had issues for a long time now, but they've been together for a long time too. Surprising.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
It super super sucks to make it public like that, but to be fair Amanda Palmer, despite being I think a good person, has been pretty messed up and doing seriously fucked stuff of late (for example inviting local musicians to play with her while touring and not paying them).

Maple-Tech

Oct 27, 2017
His wife revealed it first on patreon, I dont blame for him being a little pissed off and petty

Pollen

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I think there are far worse ways to respond to a divorce than telling people you're reading a book about coping with it. Divorce is messy, hurtful, and very public, even for typically private citizens. Let people express their sadness and frustration without casting judgment for it, he did not do anything wrong here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be sad if they did end up splitting. I'm hoping it's just this bloody pandemic making life hard for them and they'll be fine again once they're able to get some room to breathe.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, the Patreon thing by the way. Seems he didn't know they were getting a divorce.

Yeha ok I read that... it's a bit much but it really just seems like it was a separation here... she didn't announce a divorce here

Like this just reads like people found out Neil left NZ for UK and kept asking her why

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This whole breakup has been enlightening as to what kind of shit Palmer's done. I thought she was just a nice free spirited person. I didn't know that shit about faking suicide and recording her ex's reaction to it and using it in an album after he committed suicide. Like what the fuck.

Rimon-Hanit

Oct 27, 2017
Their relationship never seemed very healthy honestly I expect them both to do a lot more of this public airing out shit.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Devil's advocate but does he update Goodreads regularly? He might legitimately be reading it. Obviously he didn't have to post it, but...

This whole breakup has been enlightening as to what kind of shit Palmer's done. I thought she was just a nice free spirited person. I didn't know that shit about faking suicide and recording her ex's reaction to it and using it in an album after he committed suicide. Like what the fuck.

To be honest the more I learn about the whole thing the more I judge him for being with her in the first place than I judge him for any wrongdoing here.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Neil was one of the kindest people I've ever met. Amanda has always seemed trashy and that suicide shit proves it. Good for him.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
But there's no post where she says divorce unless I'm missing something.

She just says he left and that people noticed and kept asking her. She doesn't mention divorce

This is just splitting hairs due to wanting to take sides. Making a deal about "who did what first" really shouldn't happen. None of this is anyone's business.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Neil was one of the kindest people I've ever met. Amanda has always seemed trashy and that suicide shit proves it. Good for him.
If she does have bpd it's absolutely well within the disease and I say this as someone who suffers from quiet bpd. This is closer to a cry for help

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Devil's advocate but does he update Goodreads regularly? He might legitimately be reading it. Obviously he didn't have to post it, but...
No

rbAU3nh.png

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
What's trashier is giving a shit and tweeting about it.

Chatty patty shit. Stay out of people's business.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck...

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I think there are far worse ways to respond to a divorce than telling people you're reading a book about coping with it. Divorce is messy, hurtful, and very public, even for typically private citizens. Let people express their sadness and frustration without casting judgment for it, he did not do anything wrong here.

This. He's reading a book yo. Y'all should relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.