ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Games Shown:
  1. Bright Memory Infinite - Gameplay Segment
  2. DIRT 5 - Gameplay Trailer
  3. Scorn - In Engine representation, GamePass Launch
  4. CHORVS - Smart Delivery, In-Engine
  5. Madden 21 - Smart Delivery, In-Engine
  6. Vampire Bloodlines 2 - Gameplay Trailer, Smart Delivery?
  7. Call of the Sea - Gameplay Trailer
  8. The Ascent - Gameplay trailer
  9. The Medium - GamePass, Gameplay and Engine. Silent Hill Composer, Bloober Team. Fucking Awesome
  10. Scarlet Nexus - Gameplay Trailer
  11. Second Extinction - Smart Delivery, Gameplay
  12. Yakuza Like a Dragon - Smart Delivery, Launch Window
  13. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - Smart Delivery, In-Engine Trailer

That's a good assessment. But someone is going to complain that, "13 games is unlucky, and what was Microsoft thinking?! I'm not buying their console now because it'll bring a plague upon the world! COVID-19 was caused by Xbox Series X."

I saw a ton of games that I was interested in. Great stuff! Never would have been interested in Vampire Bloodlines 2, but that trailer got me interested for sure!

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who leans playstation I was hoping to have at least a better understanding of what next gen will be like but that was just a bunch of mostly mid-budget concept trailers so it did nothing for me. Yakuza 7 was already a must buy but cool more people get access to it.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
That was honestly such a poor showing.

Perfect opportunity for Sony to have an event showcasing the console and by showing ACTUAL gameplay

I can only wish :-)

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
The only, and I repeat only, reason this was disappointing was because it was labeled as a first look at next gen gameplay and while technically it was, you have to understand the expectations that will create in people starved for news

Joo

May 25, 2018
Tlou2 probably cost more than all of the games together, besides AC.
Well AC is probably even more expensive than Tlou2 with 15 studios making it. The problem is that AC has never been the best looking series and Valhalla still essentially seems to be a current gen game ported to next-gen.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza and the Dino game looked great. So happy to see Ryo Gotaku Studio are all in on Xbox now.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
was a pretty meh show....nothing really screams out next gen when 95% of everything was cross-gen. doesn;t help when your last teaser is another multiplate cross gen game....gues we'll have to wait for July...

Oct 27, 2017
The World
People still will always have unrealistic expectations about console launches. They were sold the power of the console and have been hyped up by Microsoft and want a game to showcase what the console can do.

I've seen people screaming day 1 for this console... before any games have been shown. Without knowing the price...

People have been doing that for all consoles not just this console.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
Maybe I'd have been more impressed if the stream quality wasn't baked potato. Was there anyplace that streamed in 4K?

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Oof that was a bit naff, was hoping for more gameplay here considering the name of the showcase...

Yakuza 7 being a launch game is pretty cool though!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this kind of sucks. AC is like the biggest thing and they barely showed it.

I miss E3 :(

Oct 25, 2017
I think this presentation was a bit of a mistake. It was essentially current gen games with boosted frame rates. Maybe I'm just overhyped from that hellblade 2 trailer and the insiders claims about the massive next gen leap. They should've done a handful of games with actual gameplay, this raid fire approach didn't give you any time to absorb it.

how could you tell framerates? all feeds were 30fps?

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Show was pretty much what I expected. There's some stuff here I'm interested in: Dirt, AC Valhalla (buying it with my XSX), Second Extinction, The Medium, Vampire 2, Chrous, Call of the Sea, Yakuza, and The Ascent.

Nothing mind blowing, but I'm not about to complain about seeing games.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Great taste for some of the smaller games coming to next gen, and a few big hitters.

Looking forward to further unveils, and to see what Sony has to show us.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yes, like last gen, the first couple of years from third parties will be cross-gen titles, or titles that might as well be cross gen.

Sadly, the main visual benefits of cross-gen games on XSX (higher resolution, 60fps etc) were completely lost in a horribly compressed 30fps stream.

Sometimes less is more though. It would have been good to just focus on one or two titles, with a developer walkthrough talking about the visual effects only possible on XSX, or some of the gameplay differences etc. Just showing a trailer doesn't capture any of that.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I found most of this Xbox Direct to be quite boring, if I'm honest. That island game looks a bit interesting and gave me some Metroid Prime vibes, but just a small amount. It felt like Microsoft was trying to wow the Sony crowd here.

Here's to hoping for some originality in the first party showing, whenever it happens.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MS: We're going to show some third party cross gen games
MS: *shows third party cross gen games*
Era: LOSING MY SHIT WHERE IS NEXT GEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT I AM LITERALLY VOMITING ALL OVER MYSELF oh wow Yakuza!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No one forced MS to hype and put on a show saying this is our first glimpse of next-gen.

If you have nothing then don't show anything. Just wait.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
There were some really interesting games, but it wasn't a great conference for showing a next-gen leap. Nothing really stood out as amazing on a tech level.

Really interested in Bloodlines 2 tho.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My takes on the games shown:
  1. Bright Memory Infinite - LOOKS GOOD
  2. DIRT 5 - TRASH
  3. Scorn - TRASH
  4. CHORVS - LOOKS DECENT
  5. Madden 21 - TRASH
  6. Vampire Bloodlines 2 - LOOKS DECENT
  7. Call of the Sea - TRASH
  8. The Ascent - LOOKS DECENT
  9. The Medium - LOOKS GREAT
  10. Scarlet Nexus - TRASH
  11. Second Extinction - LOOKS GOOD
  12. Yakuza Like a Dragon - LOOKS GOOD
  13. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - TRASH
Pre-order/cancel your pre-orders accordingly.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Pretty poor showing & I continue to have very little interest in anything Xbox exclusive.

I honestly still think it is going to be another year or two until all those acquisitions come to fruition.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this entire presentation was E3 showcase filler. Quick vertical slices you would see between your Halo Infinites and your Hellblades.

It was aggressively okay. But not really the first foot forward you want to take when it comes to showing off next gen.

Half way through I had the same thought. Some of this even felt like games Gametrailers would reveal on their stream outside of the conferences.
Indie games and cross gen games are fine. They're inevitable. But as a first reveal of a new console's capabilities this was… not great.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
And this is why sony will show real next-gen only first-party games in their show.

Sure all of these games will also release on PS5 and look exactly the same but Sony will have games day 1 that show real next-gen advantages.

Looking forward to see some of xboxs 1st-party games.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Not a single game looked better than Ryse. An Xbone launch title.

MemorableGreatKouprey-size_restricted.gif

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
Judging by the responses here, I'm totally expecting a thread speculating about the death of the Xbox brand within a week

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Because they said ahead of time that all of these will be third party Crossgen games. You won't see what the Series X is capable until they make games specifically for next generation.

Hollyshit man. Can we stop being so salty about being crossgen games.

As i said there are already games out there that supports next gen features on PC and also playable on 2013 Xbox OneJ. Justfucking show that game X optimised for series X, exclusive features only available for series X. Like am i speaking English here, whats so complicated. Why does game need to be next gen only to showcase Series X power. I can open RDR2 or Battlefield V Ultra PC and Xbox One side by side and can instantly tell the new features beside framerates and resolution difference.

why is everyone hung up on crossgen thing is beyond me. Thats not an excuse for this pointless showing