• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft officially announced the future of Assassin's Creed in September 2022, revealing a total of four games in development; Mirage, Codename Red, Codename Hexe, and Codename Jade. Ubisoft officially announced its Assassins' Creed multiplayer offering, Project Invictus one month later.

In total, six Ubisoft games are already well into development, with the yet-to-be-announced Project Nexus, a VR title, expected to be officially revealed at E3 later this year.

Insider Gaming sources have revealed that three more fully-fledged titles are also in the conceptual and prototype phase, with the addition of Nexus 2 already being discussed. Codenamed Nebula, Raid, and Echoes, each of the pitched Assassin's Creed titles will be developed by different studios and will have vastly different playstyles from its predecessors. "They are going all in with AC and some other major franchises", one source said.

Ubisoft Sofia, known for co-developing Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and Assassin's Creed Rogue has pitched Project Nebula – An Assassin's Creed title that will have three different settings; India, Aztec Empire, and Mediterranean.

Ubisoft Chengdu has pitched Project Raid – A free-to-play 4-player co-operative title that will be PvE. It's believed that the titles characters will all be from the Assassin's Creed universe.

Ubisoft Annecy, known for developing the multiplayer portion of games like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as co-developing The Division 2 with Massive Entertainment has pitched Project Echoes, which has been described as a multiplayer title that will use Ubisoft Scalar technology.

Sources suggest that the series will be going back to its annual release cycle, with major entries being significantly different from the last. The first, Assassin's Creed Mirage is scheduled to release around August of this year, followed by Assassin's Creed Nexus soon after (2023).

insider-gaming.com

Exclusive - Ubisoft is Going "All In" on Assassin's Creed With 4 More Games Already Planned - Insider Gaming

Insider Gaming sources have revealed that Ubisoft has four more Assassin's Creed titles in early development.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
of all their franchises, it does seem to be the obvious one to bet on. the games continue to sell more and more, and despite what people on Era might think people absolutely love the direction they're taking

Also, while the actual content itself might not always be 10/10 amazing, I think with Valhalla Ubisoft has actually cracked the code of how to properly support a single player game as a GaaS title. That game had a ton of support, and it never felt like the base game was incomplete

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Half of these are so many years away it's not even worth thinking about lol

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I mean, Valhalla had the biggest launch and made the most money ever for a single title, making more AC titles is the way to go.

They have 40+ studios for a reason.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
its not like this is new. even when ac waa fresh they somehow putout like 8 games in 5 years. its such an overmilked ip

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Can we have one Rayman game please? Or one Splinter Cell? Just one.

I get it. Assassin's Creed games sell well... but this is just overkill.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting on an Immortals Fenyx Rising sequel. That game was fantastic.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
I know it's never coming out at this point, but as a huge Beyond Good & Evil fan it's just so heartbreaking to see the second game being neglected like this, while Assassin's Creed gets like a bajillion titles.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
assassin's creed is the only thing I'll reliably pick up from them so sure man I'm down. A lot of these sound like spin-offs rather than mainline entries though, lots of VR and MP.
Codename Red is reportedly already in good shape, sources told Insider Gaming, with its 'spin' on the series set to have two playable characters and the game will have a strong focus on stealth.
Sounds good to me^ If Ubi Quebec can nail Red then I'm set for the next few years

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
So much for them having learned to not homogize their output of games by having them all feel the same. I guess it's harder to take criticism with that if it's more blatant and everything is just Assassin's Creed!

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
Just give me Mexico and Jerusalem (remake the first) with Discovery Tour.

DT is the best thing to happen to gaming since online became a thing

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Nice but one of those is hopefully a remaster/remake of the first game. Really tired of having to play it on my freaking PS3 while all the others are playable on PS5 lol.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, as long as they give us some variety I'm alright with this. Give us some large RPG AC games and some classic style games all in various settings. I miss my 10-20 hour AC games.

The real panic button would be to bring Ezio back- and I'd be okay with that lol. AC2 remake?

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I mean, Valhalla had the biggest launch and made the most money ever for a single title, making more AC titles is the way to go.

They have 40+ studios for a reason.
The answer to their GAAS woes (besides Siege's success) have been right in-front of them the entire time. Their communities have also been pretty vocal about bringing back mp and coop in some way.

assassin's creed is the only thing I'll reliably pick up from them so sure man I'm down. A lot of these sound like spin-offs rather than mainline entries though, lots of VR and MP.

Sounds good to me^ If Ubi Quebec can nail Red then I'm set for the next few years
Red is Japan so probably will be the one that most are looking forward to.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
So much for them having learned to not homogize their output of games by having them all feel the same. I guess it's harder to take criticism with that if it's more blatant and everything is just Assassin's Creed!

Yup, if they want to leverage the brand they should be looking at how nintendo uses mario, a million different game designs but they get the benefit of the IP power.

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
The only thing I care about there is Project Red from the Odyssey devs.

Japan AssCreed with Odyssey gameplay is a match made in heaven for me.

Unless Ubisoft fucks that one up as well. Then everything will be terrible.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
betting on one franchise to save your company has no risks at all... surely not.. right?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Putting all your eggs in one basket probably isn't the best idea. I guess we'll see how this goes.

Ubisoft has over 20k employees and 40 studios spread across all continents, NOT all of them are working on AC and for a company like Ubisoft, having 10 AC games in various form of production is normal.

oxymoron

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it risky to bet on your biggest money maker?
Because you don't have a plan B if the public gets sudden-onset AC fatigue. If they don't, great, you have 10 successes. But if they do, then you have 10 failures. It's the very definition of taking on a risk, to the point where we have an idiom for it in English: putting all your eggs in the same basket. Maybe your basket makes it fine, but if you drop the basket, you don't have any eggs left.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
I'm a sucker for assassin's creed games so I'll probably buy all 10 of them lol.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Ok, well, let's hope this works out for them.
Although these games will be under the umbrella of AC, they are actually listening to fans and diversifying from just one type of game.

Because you don't have a plan B if the public gets sudden-onset AC fatigue. If they don't, great, you have 10 successes. But if they do, then you have 10 failures. It's the very definition of taking on a risk, to the point where we have an idiom for it in English: putting all your eggs in the same basket. Maybe your basket makes it fine, but if you drop the basket, you don't have any eggs left.
The series has been on annual or bi-annual releases since 2007 and their latest game is the most successful in company history. Other games that are widely successful are taking cues from AC. Where is the sudden-onset AC fatigue coming from?

oxymoron

Oct 27, 2017
The series has been on annual or bi-annual releases since 2007 and their latest game is the most successful in company history. Other games that are widely successful are taking cues from AC. Where is the sudden-onset AC fatigue coming from?
If you look real hard, you'll notice the word "if" in my post. That refers to a hypothetical possibility, not a prediction. :)